First time at track last night
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on First time at track last night within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; im reading here at all the times you guys have and i think i must suck at this track thing. ...

First time at track last night

im reading here at all the times you guys have and i think i must suck at this track thing. i Ran 3 times last night and all three of my launches i bogged down. the third one wasn't that bad of a bog but it was one.
    so here we go im in a 06 STi stage 2-- about 74 degrees-- and at 4600 feet above sea level in Utah. so i think that plays apart because im not at sea level everyone tells me it plays a big part.

R/T .467
    60' 2.102
    330 6.123
    1/8 9.415
    MPH 74.36
    1000 12.231
    1/4 14.596
    MPH 94.56

My friend in his stage 2 05 STi ran 14.1 all three times with a alright launch. i know i can do better than 14.1 my third race was against this honda hatch that ran a 13.9 with a great @$$ launch and a reaction time of .036 he comes out all the time he told me and i bogged at the start. i beleave i can do between 13.9 and 13.5 if better. Honestly launching on the street compared to the strip is very diffrent. if any one has any input im all ears

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by speed13a View Post
    im reading here at all the times you guys have and i think i must suck at this track thing. i Ran 3 times last night and all three of my launches i bogged down. the third one wasn't that bad of a bog but it was one.
    so here we go im in a 06 STi stage 2-- about 74 degrees-- and at 4600 feet above sea level in Utah. so i think that plays apart because im not at sea level everyone tells me it plays a big part.

R/T .467
    60' 2.102
    330 6.123
    1/8 9.415
    MPH 74.36
    1000 12.231
    1/4 14.596
    MPH 94.56

My friend in his stage 2 05 STi ran 14.1 all three times with a alright launch. i know i can do better than 14.1 my third race was against this honda hatch that ran a 13.9 with a great @$$ launch and a reaction time of .036 he comes out all the time he told me and i bogged at the start. i beleave i can do between 13.9 and 13.5 if better. Honestly launching on the street compared to the strip is very diffrent. if any one has any input im all ears
    What were you launching at? What method?
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

i believe around 4K -4.5k. i slipped the first two times and dumped the last time. the wheels churped the third time then boged a little. my friends were telling me all the othe STi's were revving high as hell probably around 6K. the fastes Sti did a 13.5 and that was off a great launch. another thing every time i hit second i chrped the tires. guess thats a track for you. never did that on the street

I Support ClubWRX
    i believe around 4K -4.5k. i slipped the first two times and dumped the last time. the wheels churped the third time then boged a little. my friends were telling me all the othe STi's were revving high as hell probably around 6K. the fastes Sti did a 13.5 and that was off a great launch. another thing every time i hit second i chrped the tires. guess thats a track for you. never did that on the street
    Yeah here the Stage 2 Sti's launch around 5.5-6k and hit 13.1's-12.5's.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

i know next time what i need to do so no worries. i don't think any stage 2STi at this altitude will hit 13.1 - 12.5

I Support ClubWRX
    i know next time what i need to do so no worries. i don't think any stage 2STi at this altitude will hit 13.1 - 12.5
    I dunno if it will or not. All I know is that sux, cause my stage 2 WRX ran a 13.8 and thats considered mediocre here. I should be capable of at least a 13.5.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

it does suck the altitude thing is a killer. at some track they have this thing that will convert your time to a sea level time but not at this track. but it is ok. my first time now i know what to do. i can definetly get a 13.9- 13.5. just a couple things to work on,

anyone that lives in colarado area and Utah area have any input?

it does suck the altitude thing is a killer. at some track they have this thing that will convert your time to a sea level time but not at this track. but it is ok. my first time now i know what to do. i can definetly get a 13.9- 13.5. just a couple things to work on,
    Sorry to hear the alttitude pwned your time

good luck next time
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

I know in Colorado springs, CO most cars lose about 1.5 seconds off their quarter time, and thats 6000 feet, so figure you are loosing probably about a second (give or take) and you didn't do so bad.

The altitude is a real killer. Every year when I get up to RMR, I have to really step on it to hit the times I am looking for. Also the temerature is a huge factor. 74 is not bad, but that would put your adjusted altitude well over the 6000 mark. We race on the 4th of July weekend, and often the adjusted altitude is over 10,000 feet.
    I would not be surprised to see a drop of of .6-.75 of a second from a vehicle like yours from sealevel. But the one thing is the 60' time. That could be lower. No matter the altitude, we are dealing with traction. And the traction at a good track, is almost always capable of a number like 1.8. Work on that launch and I do not see any reason you could not cut an even half a second off of your time at the same exact conditions.
    Good luck to you.

Your 60' times are killing you. You should be in the 1.6-1.7 range. Thats a half second there.
    -Gary-
    07' UGM STi "Hawk-Eye Alliance #074"
    90' DA6
    90' EF

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    I dunno if it will or not. All I know is that sux, cause my stage 2 WRX ran a 13.8 and thats considered mediocre here. I should be capable of at least a 13.5.
    +1
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

i will defrinatly work on the launch. for some reason it is easier launching on the street. i will try and get back to the track next weekend. my launch sucks rigth about now but it was a good experiance. the stands were packed because that was opening night. maybe it was nerves. but like i said the fastest STi ran 13.5

What race track was it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast