Spanish GP talk / results spoiler
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Spanish GP talk / results spoiler within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So finally were back in europe , is the rookie Lewis Hamilton gonna keep up his awesome start to the ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Post Spanish GP talk / results spoiler

So finally were back in europe , is the rookie Lewis Hamilton gonna keep up his awesome start to the season ? will ferrari get it together or will the mclaren guys show them how its done ?

from crash.net
    Lewis Hamilton led the way in the opening practice session for this weekend's Spanish Grand Prix, the fourth round in the 2007 FIA Formula 1 World Championship.

The Brit finished the 90-minute session, which failed to see a single driver post a time until around 20 minutes in, four tenths up on his McLaren-Mercedes team-mate and local star, Fernando Alonso. While Lewis bolted on the medium tyres towards the end though and was the only driver to break into the 1 minute 21 second bracket, Alonso stuck with the harder Bridgestones.

After the McLarens, Kimi Raikkonen was third for Ferrari, just two hundredths of a second off Alonso, on a 1m 22.291s. The Finn did not set a time though until 40 minutes in, the Scuderia no doubt confident following their form last week during the four-day test at the Circuit de Catalunya.

http://www.crash.net/home~cid~1.htm
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    1.Massa
    2.Hamilton
    3.Alonso

Fernando Alonso's Spanish Grand Prix nearly came to an end at the very first turn as he and Massa went side-by-side into the first turn. Alonso on the outside moved across on Massa and light contact was made sending the McLaren driver off into the gravel. Massa would go on to win ahead of Lewis Hamilton while Alonso finished a disappointed third.

"I thought I was very much in front of him in the first corner - and he didn't think so - and we touched each other. It was dangerous and we were lucky to finish," said a sad-looking Alonso afterwards.

"We were very lucky because 99 percent of the time in incidents like that you would finish the race in the first corner. I had braked late and I thought I was in front. He just did not think so."

Massa, whose second consecutive win reignited his hopes of mounting a serious challenge for the drivers' title, said: "It was very tight. I went inside and we went for it. It was very close for both of us in the first corner and it was important. I didn't want to lose it like (I did) in Malaysia. I was on the inside and I wanted to stay there."

"We touched, it was not too strong. He was trying to push me inside. It was a small contact, but fortunately nothing happened."

Alonso said the incident damaged his car and he lost places also as a result.

"If you are fourth and running with less fuel than your opponents well, then the race became very complicated. It was very tight. I had put myself in the slipstream and I thought I was a little in front."

"After that I needed a miracle - and I am not going to say something that is wrong about anyone."

Massa stressed: "I was on the inside and I don't understand what he means. He was more aggressive than me."

The wheel-banging incident lit up an otherwise dull race for the lead and highlighted the tension and the tight battle in prospect between the two leading teams, Ferrari and McLaren.

Hamilton's achievement finishing second ahead of Alonso in third enabled him to become the youngest leader of the Formula One drivers' championship since the founder of his team Bruce McLaren of New Zealand.

"I keep on saying that I am living my dream," said Hamilton. "And that is true. This is the result of years of hard work for me and for my family. But this is only my fourth Grand Prix and it is just incredible to be leading the championship when you look at these guys here I am racing against."

He praised the team and predicted "ups and downs" in the races ahead. "It is all about scoring points and podiums and staying there with the consistency of the team."

E.A.
    Source AFP
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I Support ClubWRX
    And Hamilton takes the lead in the driver's championship. I love it!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Monte Carlo will be interesting...Hamilton has a good history on this circuit. I will still be pulling for Massa though.

Turning out to be a great year.
    "Winners generally are not nice people, they try to be but are immensely selfish, immensely arrogant, have total belief in their own ability and nothing else matters when they are at work." -Eddie Jordan

I Support ClubWRX
    I like both Massa and Hamilton from a personality point of view, and wouldn't mind seeing either of them take the championship this year. Alonso whines too much when things aren't going his way, IMO.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I like both Massa and Hamilton from a personality point of view, and wouldn't mind seeing either of them take the championship this year. Alonso whines too much when things aren't going his way, IMO.

I feel the same way...I like Hamilton, Massa and even Kimi is Okay...he reminds me of Mika Hakkinen. Right now the only drivers I really don't like are Alonso, Fisichella and to some degree Barrichello.
    "Winners generally are not nice people, they try to be but are immensely selfish, immensely arrogant, have total belief in their own ability and nothing else matters when they are at work." -Eddie Jordan

I Support ClubWRX
    MC would not be a sanctioned event if it were anywhere else, but it's MC so it's on the schedule. With little runoff space and a layout that gives no quarter, we're going to see a well massive pile-up in the stretch before turn 1 and between turns 1 and 3. Twice in the past leaders have gone off and Hamilton has been in the midst of it. Could MC be his first DNF? If so, will he take Masa or Kimi with him (attached to his rear coachwork)?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

The weather could be a big factor here too...I think Massa called the race a lottery this year. if those four make the first two rows and the BMWs get a good start there could be 6 cars racing for the first corner or two (if it is wet there will definitely be some carbon fiber flying)..the winner to the corner could probably take the win (barring a retirement)

Should be an interesting race. Ferrari needs to start getting more than one car in those top 2 spots.

I'd like to see Massa take the championship.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 05-24-2007 at 12:12 AM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.