2006 mazdaspeed6 vs. subie wrx....
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2006 mazdaspeed6 vs. subie wrx.... within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i'm just asking to see what you guys think about this. I have a 2006 mazdaspeed6 with just the filter ...

2006 mazdaspeed6 vs. subie wrx....

i'm just asking to see what you guys think about this.

I have a 2006 mazdaspeed6 with just the filter taken out and a greedy BOV. my best 60ft is a 1.82 and the consistant is 1.87. My best qtr.mile is a 13.8@98.

SITUATION:

i have a friend that lives in the complex with this guy with a wrx (not the STI) that has(visually) a front mount and a cat back and lowered. I was talking to my friend and was telling him that i wanted to race that guy.So he saw that guy later that day and he said that he would race me and even would let me leave. So to have balls like that what do you think this guy has to have to be that confident. I am going to find out what he actually has later. But sight unseen what do think he would need to run a 13.8 or better.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not much. If he's dyno tuned he'll leave you in the dust. Especially if that front mount is attached to an aftermarket turbo.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

I understand that if he has a turbo then it will be no contest. But without a turbo and regular BPU's what do you think? I just don't think THIS guy has a turbo. Front mounts are pretty cheap but a turbo is a little pricey. Not to say this guy don't have the cash as you never know.

Well your BOV is useless as is removing your filter so you are actually slower than stock since your bov is causing you to run rich most likely and w/o a hoodscoop you are going to heatsoak like crazy, plus your ET's could be lower...

so id say he will win unless he a) cant drive or b) has a poorly moded car as well.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    Well your BOV is useless as is removing your filter so you are actually slower than stock since your bov is causing you to run rich most likely and w/o a hoodscoop you are going to heatsoak like crazy, plus your ET's could be lower...

so id say he will win unless he a) cant drive or b) has a poorly moded car as well.

well the BOV is recirc. and as far as the filter goes, well seat of the pants tells me different. But that is seat of the pants. as for the hoodscoop part, i actually have a funtional stock hood scoop however ****ty it maybe. I also have a MBC that i can take from my turbo mazdamx6. That way i can go from 15psi to 18 psi. Also before you ask i already have a boost gauge in the car. But this is good info and i will take that into consideration. So you think he that can possible give me the break and he will still have a chance hmmmmm.....

Not sure about mazdas but MBC and bov are bad for teh wrxs. you do what you do but i wouldn't risk the car for being faster then a wrx, if he does have an aftermarket turbo and fmic that MBC won't be enough, if he is stock with a FMIC be safe and good luck
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

FWIW - you can pick up a used vf39 (USDM STI turbo) for less than the cost of a FMIC with piping. WRX owners have the luxury of a well fleshed out aftermarket. Each time an STI owner upgrades his turbo/TMIC - there is a willing WRX owner buying those items used and installing then flashing the stock computer.

Used vf39 - $300-500
    Used STI TMIC - $100-300
    Tactrix Cable $50 or Cobb AP $595 (or you can borrow a tactrix cable from someone else for the flash)
    Used STI pink injectors $150-300
    Used TBE - $150 and up

I'm ballparking the prices from memory and what I've seen on the forum, but those figures should be pretty close.

I'd call it a drivers race, but AWD is going to help him alot off the line. If I were you - I'd tell him to go from a 30 or 40mph roll. There is no shortage of modded WRX on the roads. Good luck.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    I'd call it a drivers race, but AWD is going to help him alot off the line. If I were you - I'd tell him to go from a 30 or 40mph roll. There is no shortage of modded WRX on the roads. Good luck.
    mazdaspeed6 is awd as well...
    Wheel Painting Guide
    Bugeye Mafia Mbr #86 Takin it to da matresses.....

Kennett Fire Company No. 1 Station 24

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF4E View Post
    mazdaspeed6 is awd as well...
    Oops - brain fart! My friend Sean has a Mazdaspeed6 too, for some reason I was thinking of the Mazdaspeed3. It is worth noting that the WRX is a 50/50 or 45/55 torque split vs the Mazdaspeeds electronic differential which I believe biases most of the power to the front.
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

The electronics on the mazdaspeed 6 can go from 100/0 split to 50/50. It seems like a pretty advanced system, although I have never driven one so who knows.

To the op: Seems like this kid is a tool, I wouldn't even bother with him.
    Wheel Painting Guide
    Bugeye Mafia Mbr #86 Takin it to da matresses.....

Kennett Fire Company No. 1 Station 24

I guess will never know to you run the guy or actually talk to him. GLuck

for an awd turbo car that's advertised at 270 hp, mazdaspeed6's are pretty disappointing imo. sport compact car last year had an article on them and they called it a potential evo-killer (if my memory serves correctly), but i guess they're not.
    -kyle
    bugeyemafia#126
    VF39'd, Bailey-tuned! 280.07whp 250.05wtq

u guys cant tell this guy a bov and mbc and whatever else is bad for his car just cause its bad for the wrx. Hell some intakes make power on sti so even on subies its good for some and bad for other.

Unless the guy is a total jackass and wasted his money on a fmic wiht a stock turbo his going to smoke you. Even if his fully bolted up and not aftermarket turbo if he knows how to drive his still easily in the 13.2-13.5 range. (with some sort of flash/tune of course)
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by koogxone View Post
    for an awd turbo car that's advertised at 270 hp, mazdaspeed6's are pretty disappointing imo. sport compact car last year had an article on them and they called it a potential evo-killer (if my memory serves correctly), but i guess they're not.
    The MS6 is not meant to compete with Evo, it's aimed at the luxury-sport-sedan segment such as the Audi A4 and BMW 5x series.

Quote Originally Posted by koogxone View Post
    they are just heavy, they are in the 06 wrx's range as far as 1/4 mile goes.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast