2006 mazdaspeed6 vs. subie wrx.... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2006 mazdaspeed6 vs. subie wrx.... within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Micah The MS6 is not meant to compete with Evo, it's aimed at the luxury-sport-sedan segment such ...

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    The MS6 is not meant to compete with Evo, it's aimed at the luxury-sport-sedan segment such as the Audi A4 and BMW 5x series.
    i didn't mean that they were meant to compete with evos, it was just the first impression of the car from Sport Compact Car. i didn't know it was in that "category" of luxury sport sedans though.
    -kyle
    bugeyemafia#126
    VF39'd, Bailey-tuned! 280.07whp 250.05wtq

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF4E View Post
    To the op: Seems like this kid is a tool, I wouldn't even bother with him.
    Why is the kid a tool? for all we know he has a full aftermarket setup pushing over 350 to the wheels.. its called speculation, he could have that power or be stock with a front mount...
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

I'd take a stab at it and say... your gonna lose this one. Go for it tho!

P.S. Film it, or it didn't happen.

I Support ClubWRX
    With a FMIC, there is a very likely chance that he is at least running a stage 2 setup with an ECU map to suit. The MS6 will be toast. No harshness intended.

I took one from a dig and a roll at 3 different starting speeds. Wasn't even close. Nice cars though. To bad the aftermarket doesn't support them as well just yet.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

first off i want to say you guys are sooo cool!!! i expected to get flamed.

Ok well the mazdaspeed was made to compete with the subie legacy spec b. Also i have friend that has just a front mount intake and cat back on a stock turbo and ran a 13.0 on the stock turbo speed. So just because you have a stock turbo with a front mount doesn't mean that you can't run a good time. Now i do agree with you when you look at a car with a front mount the first thing you think is this guy has some nice stuff under the hood. As far as the race goes i will try to catch up with the guy over the weekend and see what is up. I posted a thread about an AWD challenge awhile back what do you guys think about that?

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    With a FMIC, there is a very likely chance that he is at least running a stage 2 setup with an ECU map to suit. The MS6 will be toast. No harshness intended.

I took one from a dig and a roll at 3 different starting speeds. Wasn't even close. Nice cars though. To bad the aftermarket doesn't support them as well just yet.
    I used to like Mazda until I had my Protege. Not that they are bad, but from a modding perspective - not so great. My 2002 Protege was the first turbo'd automatic, and then blew up cuz I got greedy and ran a 7psi map @ 11psi. The aftermarket for Mazda just isn't very large like it is for Subaru. Couple that with the fact that my Protege had a Ford EEC-V ECU running protected code from Mazda - I dunno, just seemed like such a cluster-fcuk.

The engine in the MS3/MS6 has alot of potential, hopefully something will come of it.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    I used to like Mazda until I had my Protege. Not that they are bad, but from a modding perspective - not so great. My 2002 Protege was the first turbo'd automatic, and then blew up cuz I got greedy and ran a 7psi map @ 11psi. The aftermarket for Mazda just isn't very large like it is for Subaru. Couple that with the fact that my Protege had a Ford EEC-V ECU running protected code from Mazda - I dunno, just seemed like such a cluster-fcuk.

The engine in the MS3/MS6 has alot of potential, hopefully something will come of it.
    check this out www.cp-e.com the have variety of stuff for the car. Or look at www.streetunit.com

Quote Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 View Post
    check this out www.cp-e.com the have variety of stuff for the car. Or look at www.streetunit.com
    I still have quite a few friends with Protege's. My friend Dana is making gobs of power over stock - search the protege5 forum for Kooldino, that's his username.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post
    Why is the kid a tool? for all we know he has a full aftermarket setup pushing over 350 to the wheels.. its called speculation, he could have that power or be stock with a front mount...
    I misread something, nevermind.
    Wheel Painting Guide
    Bugeye Mafia Mbr #86 Takin it to da matresses.....

Kennett Fire Company No. 1 Station 24

I have a 2005 stage II wrx, stock turbo just an exhaust and off the shelf cobb map and i ran a 13.6@100.5mph, I would assume he would at least have that, but who knows. Should be a good race, 10ths of a second look much larger on paper than they are in reality.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 View Post
    well the BOV is recirc. and as far as the filter goes, well seat of the pants tells me different. But that is seat of the pants. as for the hoodscoop part, i actually have a funtional stock hood scoop however ****ty it maybe. I also have a MBC that i can take from my turbo mazdamx6. That way i can go from 15psi to 18 psi. Also before you ask i already have a boost gauge in the car. But this is good info and i will take that into consideration. So you think he that can possible give me the break and he will still have a chance hmmmmm.....
    "BOV is recirc" - Very glad to hear! You might want to say Recirculating Valve instead of BOV since that usually means vent-to-atmosphere.

The filter gives you a sound increase, but it might be helpful.

MBC - not sure how they are on the MS6 but for us they are bad b/c of our MAF sensor location, and i have a feeling you guys will have the same issue like pretty much everyother stock turbo car.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Like they have all said here, really depends on what all has been done to the WRX.
    But the way I see it, it looks as though you have the experience of running your car on the track. And for a one time race, I think that may give you the edge.
    As you know, launching an AWD car is tricky on a prepped surface of the track. If this guy has the car and the tune to run a 13 flat, and has never been to the track, he may be lucky to pull a 14 flat. It takes seat time to run the numbers. And to run 1.8 to 60'.
    Go do a one time, or best of three one night at the local strip, and let your experience do the talking. Then let him stew in that loss for a while.

Symmetrical AWD is an advantage in the subie's favor too.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

This all seems kind of silly to me. Unless you're going to race this guy for large sums of money, why don't you just ask him? Who cares if you lose? Either the guy is going to be like "oh I have this and that and the other thing done" and you know you're going to lose because he's really modded, or he'll say "oh I just have the front mount" in which case it will probably be pretty close. If you wanna see how you stack up against a WRX, racing a guy with some unknown mod combination is not the way to do it. Either way racing is fun, but all this speculation is kind of well....stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650 View Post
    This all seems kind of silly to me. Unless you're going to race this guy for large sums of money, why don't you just ask him? Who cares if you lose? Either the guy is going to be like "oh I have this and that and the other thing done" and you know you're going to lose because he's really modded, or he'll say "oh I just have the front mount" in which case it will probably be pretty close. If you wanna see how you stack up against a WRX, racing a guy with some unknown mod combination is not the way to do it. Either way racing is fun, but all this speculation is kind of well....stupid.
    well the purpose of me asking about this is to see what it would take for him to beat a mazdaspeed6 that has done consistant low 1.8's and a 14.1 qtr. Also as far as that 14.1 i think that it has a 13.8 in her but i personaly have not done it YET. Hell the fastest stock speed is a 13.5!!!FREAK CAR.On average the car runs a 14.0-13.7 I will look for the guy this weekend and also the NOPI NATIONALS with be at the track next weekend and hope i will see him there so that we can line up at the track. Stay tuned.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.