Pocono East Course HPDE Saturday 5 May 2007

This is a discussion on Pocono East Course HPDE Saturday 5 May 2007 within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well this was a first time for me doing an HPDE. After a long day of flogging the car I ...

Pocono East Course HPDE Saturday 5 May 2007

Well this was a first time for me doing an HPDE. After a long day of flogging the car I have to say that I am very pleased with the setup and performance. My instructor has a stock 05 STI and said that he was jealous of the way my car felt. He said it felt better ballanced than his car and that it was glued to the track. I had my 25mm front sway bar set to the stiffest setting along with the 22mm rear bar. I would have to say that after riding in his race prepped Miata (his track car) that the only complaint I have about the WRX is the brakes were definately struggling to keep up with the punishment I was trowing at them. The Axxis Ultimate pads and Motul fluid were an improvent from stock, but did begin to show signs of fade and I noticed a spongy pedal feel towards the end of each session. I also think that the tires were showing their fatigue towards the end of the day also. After four 25 minute sessions they were getting a little slippery, which I was told is to be expected from Azenis RT615. My inside edge temps were around 165 after my last session.

I can definately say that I have safely learned a lot about the limits and capabilities of the car, as well as learning a few better driving techniques to apply not only to the track, but also in everyday driving. I would highly reccomend this type of event to anyone wanting to improve driver skill and learn the limits of your vehicle! And best thing.......It was a blast!

Sorry these are the only pics I was able to get!

Last edited by rtstone; 05-06-2007 at 11:26 AM.
    2006 WRB WRX Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That was a great track to get you out on for your first time! Your car was really hookin' up! Flat through the turns and quick out of them. I couldn't keep up on my sorry old tires and under-powered glass-roofed brute.

Tyler,

That sounds like it was an amazingly fun day. I wished I could've made it out, or at least to the autox at Warminster.

However, I was busy trouble-shooting a broken uppipe.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

JR...you missed an amazingly fast course on Sunday....Adam and I were bouncing off theEvo's limiter in second for a while and most of the STis had to grab third for a bit....

Quote Originally Posted by JSCspeed View Post
    JR...you missed an amazingly fast course on Sunday....Adam and I were bouncing off theEvo's limiter in second for a while and most of the STis had to grab third for a bit....
    I got to see video last night. That looked like the most fun I've seen yet at Warminster. I'm really pissed I couldn't make it.

Quote Originally Posted by rtstone View Post
    I had my 25mm front sway bar set to the stiffest setting along with the 22mm rear bar.
    Which sways do you have? And what is your full suspension setup?

Mind...rtstone's set up is a Perrin 25mm FSB, Perrin 22mm RSB, Perrin endlinks all around, Tein H.Techs and a hybrid alignment (its a compromise between a full autox alignment and a street alignment. He's also sporting super sticky RT615 rubber, which help tremendously! Here's a post where he discusses his options and talks about the install/set up.

Thanks bro! Yeah like he said up there^^^
    2006 WRB WRX Wagon

Sounds like a darn fun day. I wish a track had open track days in my area. For now I have autox to keep me satisfied. The good thing is our courses are a mile long and I often hit the rev limiter in third.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

Quote Originally Posted by Wrx BriT View Post
    Sounds like a darn fun day. I wish a track had open track days in my area. For now I have autox to keep me satisfied. The good thing is our courses are a mile long and I often hit the rev limiter in third.
    Got video?