Would an ALK be allowed in STX??? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Would an ALK be allowed in STX??? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; An offset bushing in the stock bracket is ST_ legal. There is no allowence for a new bracket that moves ...

An offset bushing in the stock bracket is ST_ legal. There is no allowence for a new bracket that moves the bushing from the original location. It's in The Solo rules 14.8 C.

The ALK removes some of the anti dive geometry in the stock suspension. If you read those two books I mention in my reply, what happens is anti dive geometry keeps the nose dropping with soft springs by locking up to an extent. With stiffer springs you don't need this as much and can gain more compliance and traction at corner entry.

There is just not enough room to do all of this inside the stock diameter bushing with a two axis ofset so max castor is what the offset bushings go for.

I too fell into the trap thinking it was "only" a castor change, but the ALK is a way to remove the anti dive geometry.

The STi does have more castor than a WRX. If you look at the wheelbase it's longer. Subaru shoved the front hubs forward 0.6". With that said, I've been thinking that rotating the bushings 90 deg in STU might be more of an advantage. Who knows. I just run AS.
    Cones don't count at Hillclimbs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I understand mostly what the anti-dive/anti-lift is for and how its accomplished.

So basically the ALK moves the location of the outside of the bushing. If the bracket had the same I.D. location as OE, then it would be purely an offset bushing, but it relocates the whole bushing up.

All someone has to say is, "it moves the bushing". If the bracket was identical to oe, no problem, but not so. It never seemed this simple in other threads, lol.

Alright, i think i've found the simplest solution yet...You say the holes in the strut mounts can be slotted for up to 3* camber?? If so, then camber plates become caster plates...7* here i come.

Can you point me towards a thread/site on bushings that make a difference (group N, which ones help, which ones roughen the ride, which ones do nothing, cheaper alternatives).

Sways I'm hearing 29mm front and 22-24mm rear. I am going to delay sways until i calculate/drive on the springs...goin for 2.2hz F and 2.5hz R...if its more convinent, I will go 2f 2.2r. How's the ride with springs near those NFs?

Engine mgmt: Open source, Accessport, ECUTEC...that's my idea in that order.

How tough is Opensource, accurate instructios, safe? Just barely dug into opensource.org I have heard good things about accessport, but i'm on a dirt budget and not only does that limit $ for tuning, but for other HP parts which means i will eventually need another tune. So i'd like to be able to tune as I progress. ECUtec worth not having the hassles??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.