Everyone competing in ST*- needs to read this!

This is a discussion on Everyone competing in ST*- needs to read this! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You may or may not be aware of a major change looming for ST* classes. This major change is the ...

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Everyone competing in ST*- needs to read this!

You may or may not be aware of a major change looming for ST* classes. This major change is the result of a "clarification". The long and short of it is that almost no WRX/STi competing currently will be "legal" by this clarification. The clarification is far from clear and directly conflicts the rules governing cats/emissions/O2 sensors. If your running anything other than a stock exhaust- this directly impacts you.

Please read through this thread:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1309156

and then more importantly after you read through the thread- please write both the SEB at

seb@scca.org

and doug gill at

dgill@scca.com

Thanks!
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

D'oh. Thanks for the notice. Been too busy to get to any events yet this season so I haven't heard anything about this.

I'll have to read it in detail when I get time. I hope this doesn't prevent me from running catless in stx.

I assume these changes are for next season, not immediate?
    ~Selah

Wow. I'm just starting page 4 of 11 of the thread on NASIOC, so I'm not fully up to date on the latest with this, but so far I must say as someone fairly new to the sport that I'm disappointed with the bureaucracy of the SCCA.

Edit: I also just found a length thread on SCCA forums: http://sccaforums.com/forums/thread/255144.aspx
    I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but there may be something else worthwhile in there as well.
    Last edited by Business810; 08-03-2007 at 09:55 AM.

Yes, please do voice your opinions. I found out last weekend that my Cobb Downpipe makes me illegal for STU. Total BS, this goes against the entire purpose of ST* classes.

I mean they were made for the people with mildly modded street cars to play without R-comps and without having to run against the SM crowd. I mean come on, what is the first thing probably 90% of mildly modded cars do?

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    D'oh. Thanks for the notice. Been too busy to get to any events yet this season so I haven't heard anything about this.

I'll have to read it in detail when I get time. I hope this doesn't prevent me from running catless in stx.

I assume these changes are for next season, not immediate?
    it' s a "clarification" so it's immediate, the more folkd that write in the better chance of getting this "clarification" rescinded

y
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman