Everyone competing in ST*- needs to read this!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Everyone competing in ST*- needs to read this! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You may or may not be aware of a major change looming for ST* classes. This major change is the ...

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Everyone competing in ST*- needs to read this!

You may or may not be aware of a major change looming for ST* classes. This major change is the result of a "clarification". The long and short of it is that almost no WRX/STi competing currently will be "legal" by this clarification. The clarification is far from clear and directly conflicts the rules governing cats/emissions/O2 sensors. If your running anything other than a stock exhaust- this directly impacts you.

Please read through this thread:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1309156

and then more importantly after you read through the thread- please write both the SEB at

seb@scca.org

and doug gill at

dgill@scca.com

Thanks!
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

D'oh. Thanks for the notice. Been too busy to get to any events yet this season so I haven't heard anything about this.

I'll have to read it in detail when I get time. I hope this doesn't prevent me from running catless in stx.

I assume these changes are for next season, not immediate?
    ~Selah

Wow. I'm just starting page 4 of 11 of the thread on NASIOC, so I'm not fully up to date on the latest with this, but so far I must say as someone fairly new to the sport that I'm disappointed with the bureaucracy of the SCCA.

Edit: I also just found a length thread on SCCA forums: http://sccaforums.com/forums/thread/255144.aspx
    I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but there may be something else worthwhile in there as well.
    Last edited by Business810; 08-03-2007 at 10:55 AM.

Yes, please do voice your opinions. I found out last weekend that my Cobb Downpipe makes me illegal for STU. Total BS, this goes against the entire purpose of ST* classes.

I mean they were made for the people with mildly modded street cars to play without R-comps and without having to run against the SM crowd. I mean come on, what is the first thing probably 90% of mildly modded cars do?

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    D'oh. Thanks for the notice. Been too busy to get to any events yet this season so I haven't heard anything about this.

I'll have to read it in detail when I get time. I hope this doesn't prevent me from running catless in stx.

I assume these changes are for next season, not immediate?
    it' s a "clarification" so it's immediate, the more folkd that write in the better chance of getting this "clarification" rescinded

y
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.