BH GP: Honda goes "boom"

This is a discussion on BH GP: Honda goes "boom" within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The GP was broadcast at a time that overlapped with my Sunday AM coma, so I DVRed it and watched ...

I Support ClubWRX

BH GP: Honda goes "boom"

The GP was broadcast at a time that overlapped with my Sunday AM coma, so I DVRed it and watched it when I was revived -- at the crack of noon. Since nobody's really going to watch a GP in the western US at 0400 on a Sunday, Speed must have been unable to book infomercials at that time I'd guess. That one with Eric Estrada is among the most annoying. The land looks great but I'm betting it's really mosquito-infested and in any case, I'm not about to make a real estate deal in the middle of the night. I wish they'd show that infomercial with the practical jokes DVD from those German guys or whoever they were, that wasn't bad.

Money makes people do strange things, like hold GPs in Bahrain. The track is great, with ultra-safe runoffs that are better than those on many airfields and it's really wide too, giving people plenty of room to build up some speed before running into each other. That modern GP cars can't start a race without incident in places like this speaks volumes I think, but it's certainly not something to be proud of for the teams.

Hamilton continues to dazzle, Ferrari got their act a bit more together, and Heidfeld is regaining some ground from Kubica. What I found interesting is how many Honda motors blew up. They have lots of work to do. I also liked the director giving us shots of the mid-field battles, since they were more interesting than figuring out when the lead car will pit and continue uneventfully.

I'm looking forward to European GPs.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, what's the deal with the Japanese manufacturers? Toyota, who has the (supposedly) best funded program still has yet to win a single race after 6 years of competing. And Honda's new car clearly has major issues. They fare little better than last year's car, currently in use by Super Aguri.

I'm getting a kick out of seeing this poised, young kid drive the crap out of the McLaren. Wonder how long his streak of podiums will last?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, even the greatest have resorted to ramming, and his opponents are certainly not among the greatest. If Ayrton can smash up Alain Prost's car, anything is possible in a GP. I think Hamilton is very good at scuffling and he's shown how he can force more experienced rivals into mistakes. Masa went off without hitting anything last time, but either Ferrari could take Hamilton out if things go wrong. Or, he could end up being the fourth man, as he's quite well matched with Alonso, Kimi, and Masa so it's just luck of the draw. Another factor is that the tracks we've seen so far are forgiving, you can drive off without damage. Monaco is not like that, the slightest slip and you're walking back.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I thought it was a good GP. I like when the "number 2" drivers out perform the higher paid driver. If BMW continues to improve like they have then this year could be up for grabs in the Driver's race and the Manufacturer's race as well.

Both the Customer teams are doing a better job then the Works teams if you ask me. Neither are funded with anything close to what the Works team gets. I think it this protest by Spyker will be interesting.

There was definitely some great midfield fights going on. Fisicella and Truilli, David Coulthard's march to the front just before the seal on his axle went. Lots of great stuff...but the pass Heidfeld made on Alonso was the highlight for me.

Now a big break until the next GP...it will be interesting to see where everyone is when they come back.
    "Winners generally are not nice people, they try to be but are immensely selfish, immensely arrogant, have total belief in their own ability and nothing else matters when they are at work." -Eddie Jordan

I managed to catch the last hour or so of the race, and it was pretty entertaining. Of course, any GP is entertaining to me since I don't get Speed and have to rely on friends who do whenever I want to see it. Hopefully I'll get to see some of the Euro GP's when they happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheers View Post
    There was definitely some great midfield fights going on. Fisicella and Truilli, David Coulthard's march to the front just before the seal on his axle went. Lots of great stuff...but the pass Heidfeld made on Alonso was the highlight for me.
    i agree. it was good to see dc actually drive the car. i also think it shows that red bull could be competitive some times. but heidfeld passing alonso was great. by far the highlight of the race.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWorks View Post
    i agree. it was good to see dc actually drive the car. i also think it shows that red bull could be competitive some times. but heidfeld passing alonso was great. by far the highlight of the race.
    Agreed, I got a kick out of that, too. Funny how "quick nick" has come alive, now that he has a teammate that's really pushing him. I'm hoping that BMW turns this into a 3-way fight; it would be fun to watch.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon