questions about scca

This is a discussion on questions about scca within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This summer there are a couple of goals i have. 1. motorcycle licence 2. get involved in auto-x 3. (OT)learn ...

questions about scca

This summer there are a couple of goals i have.
    1. motorcycle licence
    2. get involved in auto-x
    3. (OT)learn how to read EKG's
    4. lose 30lb's

I need some help on #2, i'm completely new to this. I was on the SCCA website and its 75 bucks to join, before i pay the fee, i'm having trouble understanding what exactly i get access to once i join.

will i be able to go to test and tune days at Lime Rock or other race tracks around my area? or is there something else involved to do that? will i be able to participate in SOLO events in my area with this 75 dollar fee?

thanks guys
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well, do you just want to do AutoX events or do you want to take your car to the track also?

You would be in the New York Region of the SCCA. I would check out their website for info on upcoming events.

You don't need to have a membership in AutoX. Most regions do give you a discount if you are a member. Usually $25-30 instead of $35-40. If you attend even half of the events or so it will pay for your membership.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I am in the Misery Bay Region in NW PA and I am sure the membership is close to the same in your area. You can participate in Auto-x events whether you are a member or not, you will get discounts on the solo events if you are a member. and like he said above if you go to half the events this year it will be worth your while. As a member you will also be able to go to the track race days at local circuits. Your region may offer test/tune days but you will need to read up on what your local perks are.
    2006 Aspen White WRX STI (320whp/390wtq - Molested by Drunkmann Tuning)

thanks for the info guys. i'm looking into it.
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

I'm in Ct and I autocross with a couple of clubs, neither do you have to be a member of, or a member of scca for that matter. I run with Fairfield Co. Sports Car Club primarily, and they're a lot of fun. The only problem is our lot was in Waterbury before, not a bad ride, and the new lot we run in is in Plainfield, almost in RI. check out these clubs

www.fcscc.com
    http://www.wscc.org/
    http://www.psccny.com/
    http://www.nyr-scca.com/
    www.cartct.com
    New England F4
    If you're not shifting, you're just riding.

I totalled my WRX