Cecil Co Dragway noob questions - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Cecil Co Dragway noob questions within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i don't mess with the dccd i leave it on auto. Steel gray sti any mods i remember askin someone ...

i don't mess with the dccd i leave it on auto.

Steel gray sti any mods i remember askin someone with an 06 sti what he ran but he ran after i left.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Everything is stock other than wheels/tires and the stereo. Someone actually did ask what I ran, but I hadn't ran yet. Was that you?

probably was me any mods you plan on getting soon

not necessarily soon ... I have to get my CC bill down first. But I do want to stop my Matt Slap to see if they'll void my warranty if I get an AccessPort. I know it probably won't hurt anything, just worried that if something happens to break in the engine that I'll get screwed. If they'll void the warranty, I may end up getting the SPT intake/cat back exhaust. If they don't care about the AccessPort, then I'll be headed down the COBB route.

yeah i hear ya i just spent 2500 in the last month modding my sti now i got 331hp and 349tq and mid 12's

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    don't forget...cecil is one of the fastest tracks on the east coast....so no pressure or anything
    How does Cecil compare to Atco? I've never been there before but recently a few of my friends have been telling me to go there instead of Atco...
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    How does Cecil compare to Atco? I've never been there before but recently a few of my friends have been telling me to go there instead of Atco...
    Cecile is good for a few tenths off your time when compared to Atco. At least a tenth. I've ran at atco once, and I know it is just psychological, but the track seems uphill....it's just the perspective on the horizon I know, but it messes with my head.
    Cecil usually has faster lines too. Get there early (www.cecilcountydragway.com) and you'll get in around half a dozen runs if you stay late. I always got in early and managed about 3 runs in the first hour, then left when all the posers showed up.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    Cecile is good for a few tenths off your time when compared to Atco. At least a tenth. I've ran at atco once, and I know it is just psychological, but the track seems uphill....it's just the perspective on the horizon I know, but it messes with my head.
    Cecil usually has faster lines too. Get there early (www.cecilcountydragway.com) and you'll get in around half a dozen runs if you stay late. I always got in early and managed about 3 runs in the first hour, then left when all the posers showed up.
    Nice, yeah I was thinking maybe the track is uphill, too. I know it isn't but I can break into the 13's with my '06 WRX to save my life, even with a 1.90 60', I know it's not perfect but I should be able to at least squeeze a 13.9 out of it. How far is Cecil from the Deleware Memorial Bridge? I'm in Jersey...
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

How far is Cecil from the Deleware Memorial Bridge? I'm in Jersey...
    about 32 mins according to google maps linky. Probably around 25-30 mins using 95.
    Last edited by MidnightDragon; 04-17-2007 at 11:31 AM.

Anyone heading up Saturday morning?

A few saturdays back I went and got 15 runs in less than 2 hours, worth the extra money
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC View Post
    Anyone heading up Saturday morning?

A few saturdays back I went and got 15 runs in less than 2 hours, worth the extra money
    I might give it a shot this Saturday... How much do they charge you to run? I usually pay $15 @ Atco...
    2006 Panty Dropper

I might give it a shot this Saturday... How much do they charge you to run? I usually pay $15 @ Atco...
    Anyone going tomorrow morning?
    2006 Panty Dropper

Hope to see some of you guys this morning!
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC View Post
    Hope to see some of you guys this morning!
    I was there, don't think I saw you though... I did see a black STi like that with gold rims leaving around noon, was that you?
    2006 Panty Dropper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12