Co-Driver Needed!

This is a discussion on Co-Driver Needed! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; From SWRT website: Glenn Macneall, co-driver to Chris Atkinson in the Subaru World Rally Team, is stepping down with immediate ...

Co-Driver Needed!

From SWRT website:
    Glenn Macneall, co-driver to Chris Atkinson in the Subaru World Rally Team, is stepping down with immediate effect. The 34-year-old Australian, who has partnered Atkinson since he joined the team in 2004, has decided to return home in order to devote more time to his personal and business commitments.
    "Competing in the World Rally Championship is far more than just a job, and while I really have enjoyed my time with the team I’ve simply come to the point now where I want to do other things,” said Macneall. "Having made up my mind to go, it wouldn’t be fair on Chris for me to carry on with anything less than 100 per cent commitment, and for this reason I felt it would be best to step down straight away. I’ll continue to follow the sport very closely and I wish Chris, Petter and the whole Subaru team the best of luck in the future.”
    Atkinson has been partnered by Macneall on all of his 36 WRC starts with Subaru. "I’d like to thank Glenn for all his hard work since our first rally together in Australia 2004,” he said. “I’m sorry that he has decided to go, but I can understand his reasons and in the long term I’m sure a clean break now is the best way forward.”
    Subaru World Rally Team managing director Richard Taylor said: “Glenn has been part of Subaru’s rallying programmes ever since he joined our team with Toshi Arai in 2001. He is an experienced and respected competitor in both the Australian and World Rally Championships. On behalf of Subaru, Chris and the rest of our team I’d like to thank him for his contribution over the years and wish him the best of luck in the future.”
    An announcement concerning Chris’s new co-driver will be made before next month’s Rally Argentina.
    Comments from some forums are suggesting that Portugal was one off too many for Glenn...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah its a shame he left , but i'm sure they have a replacement already.

Maybe its also due to the fact that your away from home/life etc for over 250+ days of the year, that also took its toll on him?
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Bummer.

So where would go to fill out an application?
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

SWRT announced that Stephane Prevot (Belgium) will become Chris Atkinson's new co-driver. I'm guessing most of you already knew this, but here's the link to the story posted yesterday.

http://www.swrt.com/news/viewarticle.html?id=1258
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #127
    06 WRB WRX

"I will say one thing. It is amazing how many drivers, even at the Formula One level, think that the brakes are for slowing the car down." -Mario Andretti

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    for the link lazy:
    Stephane Prevot will co-drive for Subaru World Rally Team driver Chris Atkinson from Rally Argentina, which takes place on May 3-6.

The Belgian, 38, has close links with the team, having sat in Impreza World Rally Cars alongside Bruno Thiry in 1999 and Stephane Sarrazin for the 2006 season. Prevot has competed in more than 100 World and European events in a co-driving career stretching back to the late 1980s.

During the team's recent test session in Sardinia, Atkinson and Prevot spent three days working together in the Subaru Impreza WRC2007.

"Right from the start of the test we seemed to work well together and we improved with every day,” said Atkinson. “Stephane's an experienced and professional co-driver and he adapted to my driving very quickly. Of course there's still work to do, as Stephane gets used to my notes system, and my words and phrases, but it's good so far. We already have a good understanding in the car and I'm feeling positive about our rally debut in Argentina.”

Subaru World Rally Team managing director Richard Taylor added: “Finding a suitable world-class co-driver partway through a season is never an easy task, but Stephane was a logical choice. His vast experience, allied to his knowledge of the way our team works, means he will be able to fit seamlessly into our driver line-up.

We're confident he and Chris will work well together and expect them to be in contention for a strong points finish in Argentina next month.”

Prevot has visited the World Rally Championship podium 12 times in his career. Prevot replaces Glenn Macneall, who recently stepped down and returned to the southern hemisphere to concentrate on business and personal commitments.

Career highlights
    2007: Re-joins Subaru World Rally Team as Chris Atkinson's co-driver
    2006: WRC programme with Subaru World Rally Team (with Stephane Sarrazin)
    2005: World Rally Championship (with Francois Duval)
    2004: Second place, Mexico and Germany WRC (with Francois Duval)
    1999: WRC programme with Subaru World Rally Team (with Bruno Thiry)
    1999: European Rally Cup winning co-driver (with Bruno Thiry)
    1994: Fifth place, World Rally Championship (with Bruno Thiry)
    1992: Second, WRC Ivory Coast Rally (with Bruno Thiry)
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Great choice! I can just imagine the conversation at SWRT:

"We need someone who can put up with big crashes. Who's that guy who used to co-drive for Duval? Atkinson's offs should be childs play to him"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by perfusionista View Post
    Great choice! I can just imagine the conversation at SWRT:

"We need someone who can put up with big crashes. Who's that guy who used to co-drive for Duval? Atkinson's offs should be childs play to him"
    for sure
    "All We'll Drive"