WRC Portugal 2007 - Talk/Results *spoiler
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRC Portugal 2007 - Talk/Results *spoiler within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; With the Rally de Portugal coming up pretty soon, let's get a thread started on member comments, opinions, predictions, etc. ...

WRC Portugal 2007 - Talk/Results *spoiler

With the Rally de Portugal coming up pretty soon, let's get a thread started on member comments, opinions, predictions, etc.

Naturally, I'm a Pastrana and Block fan so I'll be rooting for them, but it looks like Atkinson might have a better chance, and Loeb will most likely come out in the top 3 after his victory at Mexico.

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Travis and Ken are only slated to do 3 PWRC events this year !
    is Portugal one of them?

also Portugal is March 30-Apr 1 and if you see how we post the WRC Events-talk/ results spoilers , you may want to change your title

p.s. if your that big a fan , how come you never posted in the WRC Mexico thread
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I am downloading the 3rd day of mexico so i can see how it ended, but I was impressed at Petter's ability to lead up until freak engine failure caused by a fan blade...

nevertheless, i think that subaru should have a shot on the gravel of Portugal. I think that the gravel mastery of Gronholm will prevail, and after the performance of Loeb in Norway, it seems like anything is possible at this point.

Chris Atkinson put up a good fight as well with the new Impreza, and without problems with his turbo, would have seen a possible podium.

My top 5 prediction for the rally is below...i didnt make one for Mexico I kinda forgot i think. But here is my top 5 prediction for the Rally of Portugal.

1. Gronholm by 40 seconds
    2. P. Solberg
    3. Loeb
    4. Atkinson
    5. Hirvonen

We will see how it pans out.
    "Women: Shopping, Hair, Diets. What's the mystery? - AC Slater (Saved by the Bell)

#102 - BugEye Mafia - "Cabana Boy"

Sorry dude

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    Travis and Ken are only slated to do 3 PWRC events this year !
    is Portugal one of them?

also Portugal is March 30-Apr 1 and if you see how we post the WRC Events-talk/ results spoilers , you may want to change your title

p.s. if your that big a fan , how come you never posted in the WRC Mexico thread

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    well back after been off the schedule for 6yrs , definitely a tough rally,lets hope the over-enthusiastic fans dont spoil it again!.

Recce : From Tuesday 27 March to Wednesday 28 March

Shakedown : Thursday 29 March from 08h00 to 13h30

Leg 1 : Friday 30 March : 7 stages (122.79 Km)
    Leg 2 : Saturday 31 March : 6 stages (152.92 Km)
    Leg 3 : Sunday 1 April : 5 stages (81.39 Km)

http://www.rally-live.com/wrc/en/index.shtml
    http://www.crash.net/home~cid~4.htm
    www.swrt.com
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Subarus lead shakedown

From wrc.com

"The boys from Subaru World Rally Team, Petter Solberg and Chris Atkinson, set the pace during this morning's 5.10 kilometre Shakedown in preparation for Vodafone Rally de Portugal which starts later on today with the superspecial stage at the Algarve Stadium.

The Norwegian set the best time on his third run through the short test in 3 minutes 06.0 seconds while on the same run his team-mate was just six-tenths adrift, both in the new Impreza WRC2007.

BP-Ford's Mikko Hirvonen was third fastest, followed by the reigning champion Sebastien Loeb in the C4 WRC. Fifth was Daniel Carlsson who returns to competition in the OMV Kronos Citroen Xsara ahead of current points leader Marcus Gronholm in the second Ford Focus.

The Shakedown, however, was compromised when Armindo Araujo's car left the road and made contact with five people who were standing in a designated 'no-go' area. Fortunately there were no life threatening injuries. A local photographer sustained a broken leg while another person suffered a broken arm; both were attended by the organizers' medical staff before being taken to Faro hospital for further treatment. The other casualties suffered slight injuries and were taken to hospital for precautionary checks."

Looks like the Portugese speccies are living up to their reputation...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by perfusionista View Post
    Looks like the Portugese speccies are living up to their reputation...
    damn ! they'll ruin it
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Overall SS4:

1.Gronholm - Ford - 44'19"9
    2.Loeb - C4 - 44'22"5
    3.Hirvonen - Ford - 44'24"8
    4.P.Solberg - Subaru - 44'28"7
    5.Sordo - C4 - 44'53"7
    6.Stohl - Xsara - 45'20"2
    7.Carlsson - Xsara - 45'21"9
    8.Atkinson - Subaru - 45'28"6
    9.Latvala - Ford - 45'31"4
    10.Gardemeister - Mitsu - 45'40"4
    11.H.Solberg - Ford - 45'49"9
    12.Galli - Xsara - 46'04"0
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

rally-live
    News end of Day 1:
    At the end of the Leg 1 stages, Frenchman Sébastien Loeb took the lead of Rally Portugal.

The Citroën Sport driver started the day in the fourth position of the overall standings with a 6"3 second delay. He ends it on top of the leaderboard with a 3"1 second advantage. Loeb was quicker during his second passes on the trails.

As for the last stage of the day, Sébastien conquered SS7 with a run of 11'10"6, but he knows that things are not yet settled in Portugal. "The fight is really close with Marcus and with Petter. I will have to continue to fight like this tomorrow," Loeb pondered.

Marcus Grönholm came in second for SS7, losing 4"7 seconds to Loeb and also losing his hold on the top of the leaderboard. The BP Ford driver slips to second place overall, most probably due to the heavy tyre wear of his Focus.

Jari-Matti Latvala came in third for this stage, the same position he took in the previous stage. "It's surprising how well the afternoon has gone," said the Stobart Ford driver. "We have found the pace and everything is going well."

Only three tenths of a second behind Latvala came Mikko Hirvonen, the other BP Ford contender. He was not too happy with his fourth position nor with his tyres which no longer had much grip.

"We lost a hell of a lot of time," said Mikko.

Petter Solberg was in the first Subaru to show up, taking fifth place, claiming that he has to learn how everything works. Dani Sordo took sixth in the other Citroën Sport car.

Taking seventh place was Toni Gardemeister aboard his MMSP Mitsubishi Lancer, his best ranking so far for Rally Portugal. After colliding with the cement structure of a bridge this morning, it was a fitting end to the day. "Difficult rally really. It's a pity we broke the wishbone on this first leg," he said.

Manfred Stohl took eighth position for OMV Kronos Citroën, with Subaru's Chris Atkinson squeezing by only one tenth of a second before Daniel Carlsson, the other OMV Kronos driver who had to settle for tenth.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    End of Day 1 Overall:

1.Loeb - C4 - 1h25'39"0
    2.Gronholm - Ford - 1h25'42"1
    3.Hirvonen - Ford - 1h26'04"3
    4.P.Solberg - Subaru - 1h26'11"8
    5.Sordo - C4 - 1h26'49"9
    6.Latvala - Ford - 1h27'21"2
    7.Stohl - Xsara - 1h27'40"0
    8.Atkinson - Subaru - 1h27'51"2
    9.Carlsson - Xsara - 1h27'51"2
    10.H.Solberg - Ford - 1h28'21"3
    11.Galli - Xsara - 1h28'58"3
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Day 2 - overall as of SS10:

1.Loeb - C4 - 2h13'55"9
    2.Gronholm - Ford - 2h14'10"9
    3.Hirvonen - Ford - 2h15'16"9
    4.P.Solberg - Subaru - 2h15'30"2 <----correct time
    5.Sordo - C4 - 2h16'21"6
    6.Latvala - Ford - 2h17'29"4
    7.Carlsson - Xsara - 2h18'50"6
    8.H.Solberg - Ford - 2h19'05"5
    9.Galli - Xsara - 2h20'32"7
    10.Mikkelsen - Ford - 2h22'34"2

News !
    Subaru's Chris Atkinson has retired from the second leg of the Rally de Portugal after he went off the road in SS10, the final test of the morning, the 20.89 kilometre-run through Almodovar 1.

The incident occurred just 700 metres from the start, when the Aussie missed a pace-note while negotiating a complex sequence of sixth gear corners and drove off the stage at high speed.

Atkinson and co-driver Glenn Macneall were uninjured in the incident but when their car eventually cane to rest it was too badly damaged for them to continue and the pair retired from the leg. It is not yet known if they will be able to re-start on Sunday under the SupeRally format.

Mitsubishi privateer, Toni Gardemeister has been excluded from the Rally de Portugal, the fifth round in the 2007 FIA World Rally Championship.

Gardemeister had finished leg 1 in tenth place overall, however after the stewards received a report from the FIA technical delegate stating that the Finn had arrived at time control 4A without a left rear tyre, they had no option but to disqualify him.

Under the rules, article 3.6 of the FIA WRC Sporting Regulations, it stipulates that ‘on a road section that is a public road a competition car may only be driven on four wheels and tyres'.
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 04-01-2007 at 07:08 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Does Petter have the same time as Mikko?
    An escalator can never break. It can only become stairs. You would never see an ‘Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order’ sign, just ‘Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience.’ - Mitch Hedberg

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    End of Day 2 Overall SS13:

1.Loeb - C4 - 3h00'25"5
    2.Gronholm - Ford - 3h01'06"0
    3.Hirvonen - Ford - 3h02'22"8
    4.P.Solberg - Subaru - 3h02'35"8
    5.Sordo - C4 - 3h04'24"9
    6.Latvala - Ford - 3h05'15"7
    7.H.Solberg - Ford - 3h07'14"5
    8.Carlsson - Xsara - 3h07'21"1
    9.Galli - Xsara - 3h08'38"3
    10.Stohl - Xsara - 3h11'46"1
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Loeb wins Portugal with Ford 2&3

End of Day 3:

1.Loeb - C4 - 3h53'33"1
    2.Gronholm - Ford - 3h54'10"2
    3.Hirvonen - 3h55'41"2
    4.P.Solberg - 3h56'47"0
    5.Sordo - C4 - 3h58'38"4
    6.Latvala - Ford - 3h59'18"0
    7.Carlsson - Xsara - 4h01'46"3
    8.Galli - Xsara - 4h03'12"7
    9.H.Solberg - Ford - 4h04'45"5
    10.Stohl - Xsara - 4h06'19"1
    "All We'll Drive"

how does one even follow the wrc?i have never seen it on tv and just looking at the standings dont do much for me.
    silly peguin. pointless wings are for ricers!
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy silver View Post
    heard there is an ecu out thats like the hondata but for subbys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast