Subaru WRC on Discovery Channel?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Subaru WRC on Discovery Channel? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; crash.net in the UK is reporting the following story: "Fans of the WRC will get a chance to go 'behind-the-scenes' ...

Subaru WRC on Discovery Channel?

crash.net in the UK is reporting the following story:

"Fans of the WRC will get a chance to go 'behind-the-scenes' later this month, when the Discovery Channel begins screening a documentary series focusing on 2006 and the trials and tribulations suffered by the Subaru World Rally team.

"‘Engineering the World Rally' joins the Subaru WRT as they and their driver, Petter Solberg, fight for the championship. With exclusive behind-the-scenes access for an entire season, this six-part series provides a unique insight into the deeply secretive world of big budget motorsport, getting under the skin of the British-run Subaru World Rally Team and following their every move as they prepare the cars for each event, test and shakedown," read a statement from the producers.

"What unfolds is a rollercoaster of action both behind-the-scenes and on the rally stage as they endure the worst year they've ever had. Driver issues, endless car trouble and pure bad luck sees them constantly fighting to keep pace with their rivals."
    I can't find anything about it on Discovery's (incredibly slow) website, so I don't know if there's a different schedule in Europe, but I'm keeping an eye on it...
    Last edited by perfusionista; 03-02-2007 at 07:11 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by perfusionista View Post
    crash.net in the UK is reporting the following story:

I can't find anything about it on Discovery's (incredibly slow) website, so I don't know if there's a different schedule in Europe, but I'm keeping an eye on it...
    bump because i want to see it too.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    now that would definitely be kewl , altho havent seen any ads on DSC yet
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

here is the link http://discoverychannel.co.uk/ontv_h...o2/index.shtml apparently is only for UK

i think we are clamfed

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    bummer , least dicovery channel UK understands there British market
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I Support ClubWRX
    that would be awesome
    -AJ | Hawk-Eye Alliance #55 | Stink-Eye Mob #1
    NASIOC - Narcissistic, Arrogant, Self Involved, Oligarchy of Cryptorchidisms

2011 Chevy Camaro SS RS Package & 2011 Honda Pilot
    Used to have: Protune Stage 2 2010 Subaru WRX
    Used to have: Stage 4 2006 Subaru WRX

Add me to Facebook

Im sure it will be available to download on the intraweb sometime soon but that sounds like a great show.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Quote Originally Posted by PolarisSnT View Post
    Im sure it will be available to download on the intraweb sometime soon but that sounds like a great show.
    Hopefully the nice guys who put the WRC on BitTorrent will do the same for this...

I think you all are talking about the WRC documentary series. That wouldn't be the actual races themselves.

http://scoobynews.com/2007/03/04/wrc...overy-channel/

Additionally, Racecentral.tv has said they plan to broadcast the WRC rally races in the USA, but I heard they only have a channel in Colorado. But that's just the word on the street.

http://scoobynews.com/2007/03/04/wrc...o-to-be-on-tv/

There are some clips of the Discovery Channel prog available here and here. What a nice job someone has: taking SWRT's new cars down to the MIRA test track for a blast to see if everything's working. Where do I sign up?

http://motorsport-torrents.info/viewtopic.php?id=65

Its donwloading for me now so I hope its good. I apologize if it turns out to be the wrong thing.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

I am starting to hate BitTorrent. It's always touted as being faster and more efficient than a straight download, but my experience is the exact opposite. You're entirely at the mercy of the seeds so, although I appreciate the link, there's nothing there right now...

I used to get my WRC coverage on BitTorrent last year, until I discovered enormouslysideways and rally703. Now I can get them when they are posted, or later, and it takes a fraction of the time I used to wait for torrents to download.

Quote Originally Posted by perfusionista View Post
    I am starting to hate BitTorrent. It's always touted as being faster and more efficient than a straight download, but my experience is the exact opposite. You're entirely at the mercy of the seeds so, although I appreciate the link, there's nothing there right now...

I used to get my WRC coverage on BitTorrent last year, until I discovered enormouslysideways and rally703. Now I can get them when they are posted, or later, and it takes a fraction of the time I used to wait for torrents to download.
    ok, but lets all seed ! les try to seed at least 100%

It was a pretty good first show. Kinda sucks we all now how the season goes but it was nice to see some of the inner workings of how they run the Subaru team.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by PolarisSnT View Post
    It was a pretty good first show. Kinda sucks we all now how the season goes but it was nice to see some of the inner workings of how they run the Subaru team.
    so... i guess i don't have a chance on a 1/4 mile against a WRC STI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast