13.7!!stock 07 wrx tr! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 13.7!!stock 07 wrx tr! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Damn.... I wish i can run that well... the best i've done is a 14.16... in my stock 06 tr... ...

Damn.... I wish i can run that well... the best i've done is a 14.16... in my stock 06 tr... Although I've heard Vegas tracks just suck because of Altitude etc.... CONGRATS!!!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #23

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User revolvedspecv05's Avatar
    whhooops sorry forgot about this post, but yea ill get up the slip as soon as i can take a pic. and yes it was cecil.
    but yea 100% stock, 3500rpm drop, 13.7 ... the fastest i have seen is 13.6 out of this car. but yeaaaa, lemme post the slip. pictures are 1000 words
    07 tr. gone...

current, sr20 powered s14...

bug eye coming soon?

here some slips from somone with a bone stock 06 running 13.7s

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=136303
    wingless urban Grey metallic 06 wrx sedan
    Wingl3ss @lliance #14

Quote Originally Posted by ynotajb View Post
    how so? that 2.5 surely doesn't add any extra power in the lower rpms

nice times, 2.5>2.0
    And the STI has less torque than the 06-07 wrxs? Come on even the people with STIs bog if they launch below 4k, most of them launch 5-6k and they have a good deal more torque than the wrx's, now this whole thing seems fine if he slipped the clutch, but my stage 2 wrx has as much torque as a stock 06-07 and if i dump the clutch at 3500 even with the balled ass tires i will still bog. I don't doubt the time one bit i have seen a few run 13s stock, but the technique doesn't fit at all.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Registered User revolvedspecv05's Avatar
    all i can say is it was in between 3-4k no more no less,i wasnt steadly keeepin my eye on the tach i just reved up looked about were i was at and watched the lights. but yea, either way.
    07 tr. gone...

current, sr20 powered s14...

bug eye coming soon?

I Support ClubWRX
    With good technique, you can pretty much launch at whatever RPM you desire if you are quick with the throttle. Remember though, just because he said he started at 3-4K, doesn't mean when the light hit that it stayed there. Using a clutch dump launch, I can bet that he hit a higher RPM than 4K. Really a non-isse though. He did it, regardless of how.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by vroompssh View Post
    here some slips from somone with a bone stock 06 running 13.7s

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=136303
    Yeah, I ran that time almost a year ago. Definitely felt that with a 1.7 60ft, I could have been in the 13.5 range...

To the OP, nice time but post more info. What was your 60ft, trap speed, etc. Definitely post a slip as well. I know this time is possible.
    2006 Steel Gray WRX TR
    13.74 @ 98.25mph w/ 1.9 60ft (bone stock)

#170/70 D-Stock
    Dual BRR/WDCR SCCA member

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78 View Post
    And the STI has less torque than the 06-07 wrxs? Come on even the people with STIs bog if they launch below 4k, most of them launch 5-6k and they have a good deal more torque than the wrx's, now this whole thing seems fine if he slipped the clutch, but my stage 2 wrx has as much torque as a stock 06-07 and if i dump the clutch at 3500 even with the balled ass tires i will still bog. I don't doubt the time one bit i have seen a few run 13s stock, but the technique doesn't fit at all.
    The STI doesnt have a td-04 which just about instantly boosts the 2.5l. The vf-39/43 doesnt hit boost nearly as fast as my wrx did.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I just got back from the 1/4, im an 06 stg 2, best i could get was a 14.2
    launching at 4k

i might add it was 83F, and 1 hour drive down there and jumped right on, no cool down. and ran one after another.
    and this is dallas tx, so i dont know about the sea levels and all. if i subtract my reaction time then i would be in the 13's
    Last edited by djnick7000; 03-09-2007 at 11:25 PM.

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djnick7000 View Post
    launching at 4k

i might add it was 83F, and 1 hour drive down there and jumped right on, no cool down. and ran one after another.
    and this is dallas tx, so i dont know about the sea levels and all. if i subtract my reaction time then i would be in the 13's
    Practice makes perfect.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Quote Originally Posted by Death To Ricers View Post
    Practice makes perfect.
    yep, was also my first time ever at the track with the wrx. all other times was with a FWD

Quote Originally Posted by djnick7000 View Post
    launching at 4k

Reaction time does not affect your ET.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

hey can you tell me how did you lunched you WRX like what rpm and such
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by revolvedspecv05 View Post
    ive heard rummors of these 06+ wrx's gettin high 13's bone stock, so i went tonight in my 2 week old 07 wrx tr, first time at the track and ran a 13.7 bone stock. i just dropped it around 3k and whaam there it was. i dunno, i surpised myself haha.
    I'd have to see that to believe it. I have a bone stock 2006 WRX TR and ran it at my local 1/4 mile track twice since I've bought it last year. It was great weather conditions too........cool temp, dry pavement, low humity, etc. I'm not the best driver, but I can drive my car pretty good. I ran it about 5 times and mid 14's was the best I could get. There was even STI's there that were barely running 13.7.......and if you and others can run a stock WRX at 13.7, don't you think the people with Motor Trend or Car & Driver could do it and post those times as well?
    Just my $0.02
    2006 WRX TR (black)
    18x8 Rota P1 (black w/ red lip)

**Hawk-Eye Alliance #47**
    **Wingless Alliance #19**

Quote Originally Posted by revolvedspecv05 View Post
    ive heard rummors of these 06+ wrx's gettin high 13's bone stock, so i went tonight in my 2 week old 07 wrx tr, first time at the track and ran a 13.7 bone stock. i just dropped it around 3k and whaam there it was. i dunno, i surpised myself haha.
    I'd have to see that to believe it. I have a bone stock 2006 WRX TR and ran it at my local 1/4 mile track twice since I've bought it last year. It was great weather conditions too........cool temp, dry pavement, low humity, etc. I'm not the best driver, but I can drive my car pretty good. I ran it about 5 times and mid 14's was the best I could get. There was even STI's there that were barely running 13.7.......and if you and others can run a stock WRX at 13.7, don't you think the people with Motor Trend or Car & Driver could do it and post those times as well?
    Just my $0.02
    2006 WRX TR (black)
    18x8 Rota P1 (black w/ red lip)

**Hawk-Eye Alliance #47**
    **Wingless Alliance #19**

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast