soft launch?

This is a discussion on soft launch? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; If i were to do a soft launch like lets see...3k? do i slip the clutch or drop it? i ...

soft launch?

If i were to do a soft launch like lets see...3k?
    do i slip the clutch or drop it? i dont think dropping it would be bad at low rpms?
    but, i still think that i will bog alot

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 04blckwrx View Post
    If i were to do a soft launch like lets see...3k?
    do i slip the clutch or drop it? i dont think dropping it would be bad at low rpms?
    but, i still think that i will bog alot
    The only way you can do a soft launch and not bog it is to slip it, if you dump/drop the clutch and you don't have the rpms up high the car is going to bog for sure, the only way to dump the clutch and get a good launch is to rev it up to 5k or higher and drop it and you will get slight wheel spin and take off. If you rev it up to 4k or lower you may not get wheel spin when you dump it and you will bog down and thats the worst thing you can do for the trans. You can always slip/dump it, that is what most people do and it seems pretty effective, you let the clutch out at a normal rate until you feel it catching and then you dump it at the same time you mash the gas, but again make sure you are reved up to 4k or higher doing that, otherwise you will bog. If you want to do a soft launch you have to slip it or you will bog.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph