STX suspension setup and question thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on STX suspension setup and question thread within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Thanks for the link, there are some decent pictures in there. I ordered myself a set of wheels and tires ...

Thanks for the link, there are some decent pictures in there.

I ordered myself a set of wheels and tires today. Got a set of Gold 17x7.5 et48 Rota Boost Wheels and 225/45/17 Azenis RT615's.

I should have them on the car for the next SJR event on the 29th. Might even just go ahead and get me a front sway bar too. I will have to really sweet talk the wife for that one!

Hey wagone do you still have your CUSCO front camber plates? I noticed you aren't running those anymore. If so would you be interested in selling them?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails boost_gold.jpg  
    2006 WRB WRX Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rtstone View Post
    Thanks for the link, there are some decent pictures in there.

I ordered myself a set of wheels and tires today. Got a set of Gold 17x7.5 et48 Rota Boost Wheels and 225/45/17 Azenis RT615's.

I should have them on the car for the next SJR event on the 29th. Might even just go ahead and get me a front sway bar too. I will have to really sweet talk the wife for that one!

Hey wagone do you still have your CUSCO front camber plates? I noticed you aren't running those anymore. If so would you be interested in selling them?
    That should be a good setup.

I sold the Cusco plates. I did think that they mated up quite well with the Tein H-techs.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I am currently running Tein H-Tech springs and a Perrin 22mm rear sway bar, but I think I am going to go ahead and change out the front bar also. I want to stick with Perrin, but I am not sure if I should go with the 22mm or the 25mm bar. Will the 25mm be too big for the rear bar? Once I do this I promised the wife no more goodies for the car this year
    Last edited by rtstone; 04-03-2007 at 07:00 PM.
    2006 WRB WRX Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by rtstone View Post
    Well currently I am running Tein H-Tech springs and a Perrin 22mm rear sway bar, but I want to change out the front bar also. I want to stick with Perrin, but I am not sure if I should go with the 22mm or the 25mm bar. Will the 25mm be too big for the rear bar?
    I would go with the biggest swaybar you can get. I just ordered a new 24mm adjustable rear bar for the car today.

I think your balance should be fine. That Perrin bar should have a 24mm setting, that should be able to handle basically whatever front bar you throw at it.

I got my Perrin 25mm front bar Wednesday and installed it yesterday along with a set of Axxis Ultimate brake pads front and rear, and Goodridge brake lines. I can say that the big front bar definately made a vast improvement in the handling of the car. The turn in response seems to be much better and as far as the brakes... they are much better than stock, just wish they were that good from the factory. All in all I am very happy with the upgrades and we will see how it all plays out this weekend in the rain at Warminster. lol

Just another few days untill the wheels show up so I can finally get the new wheel/tire setup on the car. They should be here next week sometime. I already have the tires sitting around but they don't do any good just sitting there.

I don't know if anyone else is running aftermarket stainless brake lines or not, but the clips that secure the lines to the rear struts didn't seem to fit too well on my car. I had to resort to some plastic zip ties to get them secured good. Anyone else had any problems with this as well?
    2006 WRB WRX Wagon

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    try reusing the oe ones (clips) or play around bending/reshaping the included ones
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    try reusing the oe ones (clips) or play around bending/reshaping the included ones
    I tried reusing the OE ones first and it seems that the mount on the strut has a larger hole than the brake line and therefore there is a signifigant amount of movement and the clip can just wiggle off. Then I tried the ones supplied with the kit and those weren't any better. So I just zip tied the line to the strut body to eliminate the clip all together and it seems to work out just fine.

I don't think anything would be any different on the 06 but I think I will end up calling goodridge and see if they have heard of any other problems like this.
    2006 WRB WRX Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    zip ties will work I've had the clips less then snug and then simply bent them a little to make them fit snugger- snug enough I had to tap them in

Finally here they are on the car!
    2006 WRB WRX Wagon

Looking real good!

I'm anti-anal about stuff so I've been using zip ties for quite a while to hold my brake lines in place.

We just got the 27mm whitleine front sway. With an event this weekend, let's hope it works out.
    "Failure is an orphin, sucsees has many fathers's"

Quote Originally Posted by DIESEL View Post
    We just got the 27mm whitleine front sway. With an event this weekend, let's hope it works out.
    You should like it.

I Support ClubWRX
    well I can finally say that unequivicolly a bigger front bar "works". finally got the cob webs out today- found turn in much better, fast, transitional stuff better and in most turns could get back into the throttle quicker

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    well I can finally say that unequivicolly a bigger front bar "works". finally got the cob webs out today- found turn in much better, fast, transitional stuff better and in most turns could get back into the throttle quicker
    Nice! It is the cats pajamas. I'd like to run something smaller for street use, but it is beautiful on the AutoX course.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast