New 2015 STI launch owner and new at forum
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New 2015 STI launch owner and new at forum within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everybody! So yesterday I raced a Dodge Charger SRT. It was a 2012 or 13. 0-90. I was shocked ...

New 2015 STI launch owner and new at forum

Hi everybody! So yesterday I raced a Dodge Charger SRT. It was a 2012 or 13. 0-90. I was shocked that my car was faster?! All I have done is intake, CBE, Stage I standard tune. And I swear to all that this is truth. I had slow pull or even acceleration all the way to 90 or 95 mph. So 2015 STI Launch Edition vs 2013 Charger SRT I am the victor. The question is could I have taken him in a quarter mile on at track? Not likely. FYI it was 15 F out that night. Charger driver seemed slightly mad

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

mrd
    It looks like it was the street race. I would be mad at you both, if I was driving close by. Do not race on set street, you never know what could happen.
    Imagine somebody is driving a child in a car and gets scared, or slides of the road.
    Not a good practice.

Agreed. Fortunately it was an empty little stretch but I dont make a habit of it. I am a trauma surgeon so I realize things can happen.

mrd
    Life is nice, but goes away in split of the second. Good luck.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to Club.
    Congratulations on your new STi! Your job is further evidence of the very eclectic mix of folks that Subarus/WRXs attract.

We can all understand your enthusiasm. However, street racing is not looked on favorably here and we don't really allow discussion of first hand illegal activities. So please keep that in mind.

Post some pics of your STi when you get a chance.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

St. Louis Metro East, on the Illinois side, but not the really bad Illinois side, but also not the really good side.
    Sell your car and go buy a turbo charged civic.

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Ok will do. It wasnt really a street race in that i stopped at a light on an empty highway with do driveways or crossroads. Other car was just behind me. It was just a random encounter and I was itching. But I understand. I do not go street racing. Just one of those pull up to a high and go a bit. I love the car. Think I will replace the solenoid and BPV but i will need a custom tune. I would consider making the adjustments myself to a pre load cobb map using there race tune software but I really have no idea as to what All it would entail. Is there much benefit from such installs. I plan to go stage II and maybe new injectors and fuel pump if Cobb creates a Map for it.

I have pics of the STI and CLA45 AMG on my profile.

I Support ClubWRX
    It wasn't a street race, obviously. The daadge had his cruise control set at 65 mph. You flew by him at unsafe speeds. Daaadge driver was angry. You felt like you deserved a cookie.

Yup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Not hardly. I was minding my own business and he was antagonizing me by revving his loud engine.

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice cars both.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.