WRC'14 Rally Germany Aug21-24 talk/results spoiler **
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRC'14 Rally Germany Aug21-24 talk/results spoiler ** within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Rnd9 - ADAC Rally Germany Aug21-24 History First held in 1982, the rally was part of the European Championship. It ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Cool WRC'14 Rally Germany Aug21-24 talk/results spoiler **

Rnd9 - ADAC Rally Germany Aug21-24

History

First held in 1982, the rally was part of the European Championship.
    It relocated to Trier in 200 and joined WRC in 2002.
    Only Citroen has won since it entered WRC. Sebastien Loeb has nine victories, with one each for Sebastien Ogier and Dani Sordo.

What’s new for 2014

Start ceremony returns to Trier’s historic Porta Nigra.
    Short stage based almost entirely within the famous Panzerplatte arena.
    New Waxweiler stage in the Eifel Hills, near the Belgian border.

Official Website: adac-rallye-deutschland.de/

Listen Live: wrc.com/live_popup_radio

WRC+ for €4.99 Euro : Live Stages/Live Maps/Onboard Action/Full Highlights plus.wrc.com/

Last edited by Weasel 555; 08-24-2014 at 05:01 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Shakedown:

Thierry Neuville rolled his Hyundai i20 heavily in shakedown at ADAC Rallye Deutschland this morning !
    The Belgian was making his third pass through the 4.60km Konz stage when he crashed at a double left corner about 1.7km after the start.

A spokesperson for Hyundai Motorsport said Neuville rolled up to six times in a vineyard section of the stage, the car coming to rest off the road among the vines. Neither Neuville nor co-driver Nicolas Gilsoul were injured.

The car has heavy panel damage on Gilsoul’s side but it is thought the vines may have absorbed some of the impact.

The i20 will be returned to the Trier service park where the team will try to repair it ahead of tomorrow’s opening leg. It is not necessary to have the car running for tonight’s start ceremony and both driver and co-driver can walk over the podium.

Jari-Matti Latvala was fastest as his Volkswagen team claimed a 1-2-3. The Finn went quickest on his fourth and final run in his Polo R, 0.5sec clear of championship leader Sébastien Ogier with Andreas Mikkelsen a further 0.6sec back.

Citroen’s Kris Meeke topped the times initially in his DS3 and the Northern Irishman finished fourth, 1.7sec behind Latvala. Dani Sordo, winner here in 2013, and Mikko Hirvonen completed the top six in a Hyundai i20 and Ford Fiesta RS respectively.

Robert Kubica was seventh, despite a slight handbrake problem.

click: wrc.com/news/germany-shakedown/

Times:

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Friday

SS1 Sauertal 1 (14.14km)

This was a repeat of the 2013 stage, with a short extension at the finish. It ran through open countryside between fields and crossed a couple of villages. It was narrow and bumpy at the beginning, but fast throughout.

Sébastien Ogier was fastest out of the blocks to win the opening Sauertal stage at ADAC Rallye Deutschland in his Volkswagen Polo R. The Frenchman was quickest by 0.4sec from team-mate Jari-Matti Latvala, but it wasn’t a clean run for either.

“I expected better grip and was surprised by no grip. I made two mistakes at junctions, so it wasn’t quite perfect,” said Ogier.

Latvala’s error could have been more serious. “I made a mistake at a place I marked in the notes. There was a bank on the inside of a corner and I thought we could cut, but I cut too much and hit the bank. The car went onto two wheels,” he told WRC Live.

Also in difficulties were Mikko Hirvonen, who overshot a junction into a field in his Ford Fiesta RS, and Kris Meeke who damaged the rear of his Citroen DS3.

“I spun at the midpoint,” said Meeke. “I came round a tight right bend and there was gravel on the edge of the road. I got the back wheel on it and didn’t get turned in so I pulled the handbrake and did a 360 degree spin. Not the start I wanted, but the car feels fine.”

A heartening sight was the appearance of Thierry Neuville after Hyundai mechanics worked all night to rebuild his i20 following yesterday’s shakedown roll. The Belgian paid tribute to their tremendous efforts but reported an intermittent handbrake issue.

click: wrc.com/news/germany-update-1/

-----------------------------

SS2 Waxweiler 1 (16.40km)

This new stage in the Eifel hills lies close to the Belgian border. It climbed or descended throughout with plenty of hairpin bends as it darted in and out of the trees.

First in the running order was the place to be in Waxweiler as mud and dirt dragged onto the roads made it impossible for those further down to match the pace of the early starters through the second stage of ADAC Rallye Deutschland.

Sébastien Ogier took full advantage to set fastest time by 1.7sec from Volkswagen team-mate Jari-Matti Latvala to extend his lead to 2.1sec.

“It was damp and I attacked a bit less than the first stage, but I was more consistent. Perhaps I tried a bit too hard in the first one,” said the Frenchman.

Even though Latvala was immediately behind Ogier in the order, the deteriorating conditions were apparent by the mud caked on the Finn’s Polo R.

“It’s getting quite dirty. There’s quite a lot of mud at the beginning and that’s where we lost time. For the rest of the stage we matched the speed of Seb,” he said.

Kris Meeke was third in his Citroen DS3, and summed up the conditions for the later starters. “It was full mud for the first three-quarters of the stage,” said the Northern Irishman, who was almost 10sec slower than Ogier.

Andreas Mikkelsen reported understeer issues in his Polo R, while Martin Prokop admitted he could not settle into a rhythm in his Ford Fiesta RS, but was confused as to whether that was due to the conditions or the tricky roads.

click: wrc.com/news/germany-update-2/

------------------------------

SS3 Moselland 1 (21.02km)

Moselland is a Rallye Deutschland classic. It runs alongside the Mosel river, twisting and turning through 60 junctions in vineyards on steep hillsides. Narrow but fast service roads, linked by strings of hairpin bends are its hallmarks. It was used in the opposite direction to last year.

Jari-Matti Latvala was fastest by two-tenths of a second from Sébastien Ogier in this morning’s final stage at ADAC Rallye Deutschland as the Volkswagen pair continued to dominate.

It was the first win for the Finn after Ogier took the honours in the opening two tests. The gap between them was 1.9sec in Ogier’s favour as drivers returned to service in Trier.

“It seemed more slippery than last year, maybe there’s more dirt on the road. It was difficult to feel what the grip was like, but it wasn’t as bad as the previous stage,” said Latvala.

The Polo R duo are already more than 20sec clear of Kris Meeke in third, but Ogier hinted there was more to come.

“I’m not completely happy with the car but my pace was good. The first stage was more slippery than expected. I tried to be aggressive but made two mistakes and lost time. We’re still in the lead and quite well ahead of everyone except Jari-Matti, so that’s OK,” he said.

Meeke is 24.0sec off top spot in his Citroen DS3, a gap exaggerated by a first stage spin, with Dani Sordo a further 4.6sec back in fourth.

Sordo, winner in 2013, is enduring the worst of the road conditions. A low start position means the roads are covered in mud and dirt, dragged onto the surface by those starting earlier.

Andreas Mikkelsen slipped from third to fifth after swiping the rear left of his Polo R near the start of Moselland. Although the wheel rim was badly damaged, the Michelin rubber stayed inflated until 4km from the finish.

Clustered close behind are Mads Østberg, Mikko Hirvonen and Thierry Neuville, just over 10sec splitting the six drivers from Meeke to Neuville, The latter lost time as the brakes on his Hyundai i20 faded near the finish and the Belgian also reported losing the place in his pace notes as he and co-driver Nicolas Gilsoul made corrections mid-stage.

Elfyn Evans and Bryan Bouffier complete the top 10 but Robert Kubica dropped four minutes after sliding off 600 metres after the start of Moselland, buckling his front left wheel and damaging the clutch.

“We went off in a tightening corner. I wasn’t holding the steering wheel strongly enough and when I hit something I lost the line. By the time I recovered it was too late. We had two wheels off the road and although spectators helped us, we couldn’t get out. The wheels were just spinning,” said Kubica.

click: wrc.com/news/germany-update-3/

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    SS4 Sauertal 2 (14.14km)

This was a repeat of the 2013 stage, with a short extension at the finish. It ran through open countryside between fields and crossed a couple of villages. It was narrow and bumpy at the beginning, but fast throughout.

Sébastien Ogier made a clear statement to team-mate Jari-Matti Latvala when he stretched his lead through the opening afternoon stage at ADAC Rallye Deutschland.

Ogier led his Volkswagen Polo R colleague by 1.9sec after the morning loop, but was quickest through the second pass of Sauertal by 3.8sec after changing the set-up at mid-leg service.

“I did a clean stage but was a bit too cautious where I made the mistakes this morning,” said Ogier.

Latvala told a similar story. “I took the cuts and gravel places far too carefully. I didn’t have any split times so I didn’t know what his times were,” said the Finn.

Kris Meeke consolidated third, the Citroen DS3 pilot 5.1sec down on Ogier. “There was lots of gravel but there is a line through it. I was a bit cautious in places but, to be honest, I couldn’t match Seb’s time,” he admitted.

Dani Sordo remains fourth in his Hyundai i20, less than 13sec covering six drivers in the overall standings from the Spaniard down to Elfyn Evans in ninth.

Robert Kubica stalled the engine of his Ford Fiesta RS at the start. The Pole has a new clutch after damaging the previous unit while trying to regain the road when he slid off this morning.

click: wrc.com/news/germany-update-4/

SS5 Waxweiler 2 (16.40km)

This new stage in the Eifel hills lies close to the Belgian border. It climbed or descended throughout with plenty of hairpin bends as it darted in and out of the trees.

Volkswagen secured its fifth consecutive stage win at ADAC Rallye Deutschland when Jari-Matti Latvala outpaced team-mate Sébastien Ogier over the final few kilometres of Waxweiler to go fastest by a tenth of a second.

The Finn was almost three seconds down after the muddy and dirty opening half, but regained it all in drier conditions during the second part.

“I can’t match the speed Ogier is driving at when it’s dirty. But the last 4km were like a race circuit, wide and smooth, and I drove them like a race driver, using the whole width of the road,” said Latvala.

Kris Meeke was again best of the rest in third, but the Citroen DS3 pilot is now 37.0sec off the lead. He has a new pursuer in fourth as Andreas Mikkelsen relegated 2013 winner Dani Sordo to fifth.

“I made some mistakes in the middle of the stage. I lost a bit of confidence with the car and was understeering and oversteering,” explained Sordo.

There were also changes behind as Mads Østberg struggled in the dirty sections in his DS3. Both Mikko Hirvonen and Thierry Neuville moved ahead, Neuville also leapfrogging Hirvonen into sixth.

Martin Prokop has struggled to find a rhythm for much of the day and the Czech driver remains at a loss to explain why. “Something is wrong, but I have no idea what,” he said.

click: wrc.com/news/germany-update-5/

SS6 Moselland 2 (21.02km)

Moselland is a Rallye Deutschland classic. It runs alongside the Mosel river, twisting and turning through 60 junctions in vineyards on steep hillsides. Narrow but fast service roads, linked by strings of hairpin bends are its hallmarks. It was used in the opposite direction to last year.

Jari-Matti Latvala moved into the lead of ADAC Rallye Deutschland when Sébastien Ogier crashed in the vineyards of the Moselland stage.

The test was initially delayed for more than 35 minutes but when it started Ogier went off the road 7.5km after the start. His Volkswagen Polo R emerged from the grapes onto a different road below the stage, which he drove along in an effort to regain the correct route.

However, it did not lead back to the stage and the Frenchman eventually found a way down to the main road and set off on the journey back to service in Trier. He will receive a 10 minute penalty for not completing the test.

Also in trouble was Thierry Neuville, who drove all but the opening 2km with smoke in his Hyundai i20. The exhaust tunnel leading from the engine to the rear was extremely hot and Neuville and co-driver Nicolas Gilsoul were quickly out of the car at the finish before starting the liaison section to Trier.

click: wrc.com/news/germany-update-6/

Jari-Matti Latvala leads ADAC Rallye Deutschland following a dramatic conclusion to the opening day when team-mate Sébastien Ogier crashed out of first place.

The Volkswagen duo dominated on the asphalt roads. Ogier claimed three fastest times to Latvala’s two to hold a 5.5sec advantage heading into the final delayed Moselland stage.

However, the championship leader crashed his Polo R at a tight corner 7.5km into the hilly vineyard test. He emerged from the shrubs onto a different road below the stage, which he drove along in an effort to regain the correct route.

It did not lead back to the stage and Ogier eventually found a way to the public road and drove to the Trier service park. The car was undamaged and he will restart under Rally 2 regulations tomorrow with a 10 minute retirement penalty.

Read More: wrc.com/news/germany-update-7/

"All We'll Drive"

I Support ClubWRX
    Neuville's crash was on TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38EZu9v6K3I&html5=1

I found it odd that he never let go of the wheel; I'd have expected him to let go to at least protect his wrists but he maintains his grip throughout.

It's a shame he plowed up that vineyard, especially in August when the harvest is so close. I wonder if it was Reisling.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Saturday
    SS7 Stein & Wein 1 (17.53km)

This was a shortened version of the 2013 stage, starting in the village of Fell by the much photographed arch. It was narrow and twisty to begin with, before opening out into very fast sections with long straights and sweeping corners.

Overnight rain provided tricky conditions through Saturday’s opening stage at ADAC Rallye Deutschland and Robert Kubica took advantage of a good position in the start order to set fastest time.

The roads were clean when the Pole, second in the running order, started in his Ford Fiesta RS. The passage of more cars meant mud and dirt was dragged onto the surface and as the grip became increasingly inconsistent, nobody could match his pace.

He was fastest by 1.7sec from Thierry Neuville’s Hyundai i20, the Belgian closing to within 0.2sec of Andreas Mikkelsen in their fight for fourth overall.

“There were some really tricky places. I saw a lot of lines where drivers went off so I tried to be smooth. I could have gone faster but wanted to keep the car on the road,” said Neuville.

Leader Jari-Matti Latvala was third in a Volkswagen Polo R, the Finn happy to have emerged from a stage in which he crashed last year. “I really had to concentrate on the grip levels,” he said.

Kris Meeke was fifth and sixth for Elfyn Evans moved the Welshman to within 0.8sec of Fiesta RS team-mate Mikko Hirvonen in sixth overall.

Road opener Sébastien Ogier missed a junction and had to reverse but was still fourth fastest.

click: wrc.com/news/germany-update-7/

----------------------------

SS8 Peterberg 1 (11.08km) cancelled

After a new opening 3.56km section, Peterberg followed the same route as 2013. It is fast through the open sections but when it turns into the forest it becomes damper and narrower.

Peterberg was cancelled after Sébastien Ogier crashed his Volkswagen Polo R heavily into a roadside barrier 1.1km after the start.

Ogier and co-driver Julien Ingrassia, starting first on the road after crashing out of the lead last night, were not injured but both were taken to hospital for precautionary checks.

The impact damaged the barrier which separates the stage from the motorway and the test was halted for safety reasons. It is unknown whether the barrier can be repaired to allow the stage to be run this afternoon.

click: wrc.com/news/germany-update-8/

SS9 Arena Panzerplatte 1 (3.03km) and SS10 Panzerplatte Lang (42.51km)

A short test around the central Panzerplatte area was followed by a monster in the Baumholder military zone. Ninety-three junctions and many more corners on a mix of rough, narrow concrete tracks and smooth, wide asphalt provided a stern challenge. The roads are edged with huge hinkelsteins, kerbs designed to keep tanks in line.

Hard or soft tyres for Panzerplatte? That was the question drivers faced as the roads were mostly dry but dark clouds hovered above.

Hyundai’s Dani Sordo and Thierry Neuville opted for Michelin’s hard rubber while the other frontrunners selected soft compounds. Who was right?

Fastest time in the long test went to leader Jari-Matti Latvala on softs, but the big winner was Neuville, whose hard rubber enabled him to overhaul Andreas Mikkelsen and Sordo to take third.

“I think we were right,” said Neuville. “It wasn’t a perfect run because in the slippery parts I was too cautious and could have been faster."

The Belgian is 1.3sec ahead of Sordo, who admitted he was too careful in the damp sections, and 12.3sec clear of Mikkelsen who finished with badly worn front tyres on his Volkswagen Polo R and said: “In the forest it’s wet, but in the open areas it’s really drying.”

Latvala was 5.2sec clear of Meeke and heads the Citroen driver by 45.8sec. “It was tricky in places because the soft tyres were overheating. It’s going well, but it’s not easy,” he said.

Mikko Hirvonen and Elfyn Evans struggled for grip in their Ford Fiesta RS cars. Both dropped more than 20sec to Latvala, but Evans did enough to relegate his colleague to seventh. Mads Østberg, Bryan Bouffier and Martin Prokop complete the leaderboard.

Julien Maurin leads WRC 2 by 0.4sec from Pontus Tidemand after former leader Bernardo Sousa dropped more than three minutes with a puncture. Nasser Al Attiyah also punctured, Sébastien Chardonnet crashed and Marty McCormack stopped with a broken steering arm.

click: wrc.com/news/germany-update-9/

SS9:

SS10:

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Saturday Afternoon

SS11 Stein & Wein 2 (17.53km)

This was a shortened version of the 2013 stage, starting in the village of Fell by the much photographed arch. It was narrow and twisty to begin with, before opening out into very fast sections with long straights and sweeping corners.

Thierry Neuville edged closer to second-placed Kris Meeke as a front wheel problem threatened to derail the Northern Irishman’s progress during Saturday afternoon’s opening stage at ADAC Rallye Deutschland.

Meeke was third fastest in his Citroen DS3, but ceded 2.9sec to Neuville’s Hyundai and was at a loss to explain why he completed the test with a misshapen tyre.

“I have no idea. For the last 3km in left corners there was something strange. I thought it was a puncture and in the last few corners I had come down a few gears,” Meeke told WRC Live before departing the finish to fit a replacement.

The gap between the two drivers is now 5.1sec, but not even Neuville could match the pace of Jari-Matti Latvala who was quickest by 1.7sec in his Volkswagen Polo R.

Most drivers opted for Michelin’s soft tyres but were taken aback by how dry conditions were. “I was surprised, there were just a couple of damp patches in the forests,” explained Latvala.

Andreas Mikkelsen fell further behind fourth-placed Dani Sordo after a mistake at a hairpin while Mikko Hirvonen regained sixth from team-mate Elfyn Evans. Evans was one of just two top drivers using a hard / soft compound mix of tyres in his Ford Fiesta RS.

click: wrc.com/news/germany-update-10/

SS12 Peterberg 2 (9.38km)

After a new opening 3.56km section, Peterberg followed the same route as 2013. It is fast through the open sections but when it turns into the forest it becomes damper and narrower.

Dani Sordo escaped unscathed from a heart-stopping sixth gear spin in the rain-soaked Peterberg stage at ADAC Rallye Deutschland.

The Spaniard, who was fighting for a podium with Kris Meeke and Hyundai team-mate Thierry Neuville, pirouetted his i20 7km after the start.

“We were in sixth gear, absolutely flat out. We had big braking and the car aquaplaned and started to move, and we went off. Not very nice,” said Sordo, who is now 20.1sec behind Neuville but stayed ahead of fifth-placed Andreas Mikkelsen.

Third fastest for Thierry Neuville meant the Belgian closed to within 0.4sec of Meeke in their fight for second.

Road opener Robert Kubica took advantage of the conditions to set fastest time in his Ford Fiesta RS by 7.2sec from Bryan Bouffier’s i20. Heavy rain fell as the stage progressed and the deteriorating conditions meant nobody could match his pace.

Sebastien Ogier, who crashed heavily in the first pass of this stage this morning, will not restart tomorrow under Rally 2 regulations.

The Frenchman hit a roadside barrier in top gear and after FIA officials examined the Polo R they ruled the roll cage was too badly damaged.

This afternoon’s run was shortened to avoid the section where he crashed as the roadside barrier separating the stage from a motorway was damaged.

click: wrc.com/news/germany-update-11/

SS13 Arena Panzerplatte 2 (3.03 km)

SS14 Panzerplatte Lang 2 (42.51 km)

Latvala in comfort zone in Germany

Jari-Matti Latvala moved within touching distance of his maiden asphalt victory after extending his lead to almost a minute at ADAC Rallye Deutschland in today’s second leg.

The Finn won five of the seven special stages on often wet and muddy roads to stretch his lead to 56.6sec with four speed tests remaining tomorrow. Kris Meeke repelled a fierce challenge from Thierry Neuville for second and holds a 4.3sec advantage in a Citroen DS3.

Latvala admitted that barring problems he could drive cautiously tomorrow to secure his second consecutive win, boosting his world title hopes following the demise of championship leader and team-mate Sébastien Ogier who crashed for a second time.

“It should be fine. I think we can take it easy tomorrow on stages that are a bit shorter than in previous years. You never want anything bad for your team-mate but I need this victory to happen to open up the championship fight. But first I have to finish and keep my head cool,” said the Volkswagen Polo R pilot.

The battle for second was thrilling. Neuville, who restarted in fifth in his Hyundai i20, leapfrogged Andreas Mikkelsen and team-mate Dani Sordo in the first pass through the marathon Panzerplatte military zone test and set about catching Meeke.

He reduced the deficit to 0.4sec when Meeke dropped a handful of seconds with a puncture, but the Northern Irishman battled back to hold the advantage.

Sordo remained in contact until he aquaplaned in sixth gear in standing water and spun onto the grass. He dropped 10sec but retained fourth ahead of Mikkelsen, who lost time after misjudging a hairpin bend. The gap between them is 10.2sec.

Mikko Hirvonen heads Elfyn Evans by 4.9sec after a daylong battle in which the Welshman briefly headed his more experienced Ford Fiesta RS team-mate. Mads Østberg has closed to within 1.2sec of Evans in eighth.

Read More: wrc.com/news/germany-day-2/

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Sunday

Latvala and Meeke crash in Germany

Jari-Matti Latvala and Kris Meeke both crashed out of ADAC Rallye Deutschland in an astonishing opening to Sunday’s final leg to leave Thierry Neuville on the verge of his maiden WRC victory.

Leader Latvala went off the road in a vineyard section about 14km after the start of the opening 18.03km Dhrontal stage. His car dropped through the vines and came to rest near a road below at the 8.7km point.

The Finn’s demise left Meeke with an 8.4sec lead over Neuville, but Meeke crashed into a wall early in the following Grafschaft stage, ripping the rear left wheel from his Citroen DS3.

The drama means Neuville has a 35.7sec advantage over Dani Sordo with a second pass through the same two stages remaining before the Trier finish.

Their Hyundai team is on course to record a maiden WRC victory and a 1-2 finish. If Neuville wins, he will be only the second Belgian to win a world rally following François Duval’s success in Australia in 2005.

Latvala was aiming for his second consecutive victory, and his first ever on asphalt, after winning his home round in Finland last month. He left Trier this morning with a 56.6sec lead in his Volkswagen Polo R over Meeke.

Volkswagen have lost both Latvala and team-mate Sébastien Ogier to crashes this weekend and it brings to an end the team’s winning run of 12 events which started in Australia last year.

Andreas Mikkelsen spun his Polo R at the same point where Latvala went off, but the Norwegian lies third. He is chased by Elfyn Evans, who is just 8.5sec behind, with Mikko Hirvonen fifth a further 9.6sec behind his team-mate.

Bryan Bouffier and Yuriy Protasov also reported spins in Dhrontal, while Robert Kubica retired his Ford Fiesta RS before the stage when the gearbox became stuck in third gear as he warmed his tyres.

click:wrc.com/news//latvala-crash/

SS15 Dhrontal 1 (18.03 km)

SS16 Grafschaft 1 (19.27 km)

SS17 Dhrontal 2 (18.03 km)

------------------------------

SS18 Grafschaft 2 (Power Stage) (19.27 km)

BREAKING NEWS: Neuville triumphs in Germany

Thierry Neuville scored his and Hyundai’s first WRC victory at ADAC Rallye Deutschland in Trier today.

The Belgian won the three-day asphalt event, round nine of the FIA World Rally Championship, by 40.7sec in an i20 World Rally Car.

Dani Sordo, winner in 2013, ensured a 1-2 for the Korean manufacturer in its first season back in the championship. The Spaniard finished 17.3sec ahead of Andreas Mikkelsen’s Volkswagen Polo R after a chaotic day in which Jari-Matti Latvala and Kris Meeke both crashed out of the lead.

Elfyn Evans won the rally-closing live TV Power Stage to take maximum bonus points in a Ford Fiesta RS. Neuville claimed two points for second with Mikko Hirvonen taking one in another Fiesta RS.

click: wrc.com/breaking news/

-------------------------------

Neuville nets maiden win in Germany

Thierry Neuville claimed a rags-to-riches first world rally victory in Germany today (Sunday), three days after virtually destroying his car when he rolled six times at pre-event shakedown.

In a chaotic final day at ADAC Rallye Deutschland, Neuville climbed from third after first Jari-Matti Latvala and then Kris Meeke crashed out of the lead.

The win on this ninth round of the FIA World Rally Championship was the first for Hyundai in its debut year back in the series. Dani Sordo added icing to the cake by finishing second for the Korean manufacturer.

Twelve months ago Neuville came close to victory in Germany as he and Sordo fought a final stage duel when driving for different teams. Sordo won on that occasion to secure his first win when Neuville slid off just before the finish.

Neuville’s story began on Thursday morning when he barrel-rolled through the vineyards near Trier. Team mechanics worked for 18 hours to rebuild the battered i20 car and Neuville repaid them in style, becoming only the second Belgian to win a world rally and the first since François Duval in 2005.

“I think we did an unbelievable job during all three days of the rally and I can only say thank you to our team,” he said. “They did a fantastic job after our roll on shakedown and I couldn’t believe we could do such a good result. We put pressure on the others and it paid off.”

Latvala, chasing his first asphalt win to reignite his title bid, was almost a minute clear when he started the first of the final four stages in the vineyards on the banks of the Mosel River.

However, he crashed his Volkswagen Polo R in treacherously slippery conditions, handing Meeke an 8.4sec advantage over Neuville. But the Northern Irishman hit a wall early in the next test after a recce pace note error, ripping the left rear wheel from his Citroen DS3.

Read More: wrc.com/news/august/germany-day-3/

Next Rnd10 Rally Australia 11-14 Sept

History

Australia hosted WRC from 1989 to 2006 in the west coast city of Perth.
    Langley Park super special stage next to Swan River provided the template for such tests.
    Won the accolade for the best rally three times in the late 1990s.
    The rally moved to the east coast in New South Wales in 2009 and two years later was relocated to Coffs Harbour in 2011.

What’s new for 2014

New mixed surface super special stage which will be run in darkness at the end of Friday and Saturday’s action.
    Service park switches to the Cex Coffs International Stadium, which adjoins the super special stage.

Official Website: rallyaustralia.com.au/

Listen Live: wrc.com/live_popup_radio

WRC+ for €4.99 Euro : Live Stages/Live Maps/Onboard Action/Full Highlights plus.wrc.com/

Last edited by Weasel 555; 08-24-2014 at 08:01 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.