Isle of Man results June 2014
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Isle of Man results June 2014 within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; go here: Higgins breaks Isle of Man car lap record - BBC Top Gear...

I Support ClubWRX

Talking Isle of Man results June 2014

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by guzziman View Post
    Best video ever!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    It's certainly a great video! However it's actually a bit misplaced on a Subaru site (this is odd to explain).

It's a case of the man, not the machine.

Higgins is a local with extensive experience, including training by Timo Makkinen. He owns a school of his own.

The Subaru was largely irrelevant. It was Higgins; in fact, I can't help but wonder how much better he'd have done in a more evolved car. I suspect Higgins did an outstanding time not because of the Subaru, but maybe even despite the Subaru.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    What would you like to see him do it in?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by livid_wrx View Post
    What would you like to see him do it in?
    Out of interest, I'd like to see someone better Tony Pond's 100+MPH average speed lap that he did in a Rover Vitesse, using that same 1990 model Rover Vitesse (or at least a similar car, fully restored). One issue is that compounds have come so far since then and they can't safely run 25-year-old compounds even if they could find the several sets needed. Put in perspective that lap is absolutely ground-breaking (in my view, 100+ mph in 1990 is "quicker" than 115+ mph in 2015, even though that's not mathematically correct).

For modern cars below, say, 2,0L displacement I'd be interested in seeing him use an Alfa, maybe a Mitsubishi, and maybe a Ford.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    I agree with everything you just said. A Countach or a Diablo doing 170mph is much more satisfying to see than an Aventador. It's expected for the Aventador, it was ground breaking for the other two.

Just like it's so much more satisfying to see a Ford Cosworth or a Audi Quattro tear up a mountain pass than it is to see an Polo R.

I Support ClubWRX
    You know I was just looking at a Diablo pic yesterday and thinking that's the last Lamborghini that interested me. Off topic. Anyway, great lap by the great Higgins.

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guzziman View Post
    impressive to say the least... dang...
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.