Turbo swap

This is a discussion on Turbo swap within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok I'm looking to upgrade my stock turbo on my 2014 wrx to a td05 off my buddy's Evo x ...

Turbo swap

Ok I'm looking to upgrade my stock turbo on my 2014 wrx to a td05 off my buddy's Evo x
    Needing to know if it will bolt right on or if I'll need to modify the inlet or outlet I have Cobb dp and intake as we'll as fatback invidia n1 and ap tuner any info would be great appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I doubt it'll fit unless the evo turbo is flanged...which I don't think it is. Our Stock turbos have a flange that volt directly to the intercooler where the x has a front mount and the turbo hooks up to a hose.
    It was hard to see the turbo in the engine bay though

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

No.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Would be nice though...

Nope. Two completely different turbos. All different flanges. If you wanted to make it work, it would involve a lot of machining (read: $$$$$$) which is pointless when you can just pick up a good used 18G or smaller Dom.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Unless you can get a front mount intercooler so it may for to those pipings and use the evo intake side and the subies exhaust side so it could match up to the downpipe still
    A little outside the box thinking