WRC'14 Rally Mexico March 6-9 talk/results spoiler**
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRC'14 Rally Mexico March 6-9 talk/results spoiler** within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Rnd 3 - WRC Mexico Mar 6-9 What’s new for 2014 The long stages have become even longer. Each leg ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Cool WRC'14 Rally Mexico March 6-9 talk/results spoiler**

Rnd 3 - WRC Mexico Mar 6-9

What’s new for 2014

The long stages have become even longer. Each leg contains a marathon test covering 44.03km, 53.69km and 55.92km respectively. The long stages in legs 1 and 2 are used twice.
    While the single service park remains at León’s Poliforum, cars will be serviced outdoors rather inside the huge exhibition hall.
    The service park is based in the area previously used for a street stage, which will not be run.

more info: wrc.com/en/wrc/calendar/mexico-2014/

Official Website: rallymexico.com/

Listen Live: wrc.com/live_popup_radio

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Shakedown

Jari-Matti Latvala was fastest in shakedown at Rally Mexico this morning, as Volkswagen set a strong pace through the opening gravel action of the 2014 season.

Latvala, who leads the WRC after winning in Sweden last month, was fastest by 1.1sec in his Polo R through the dusty 6.27km Llano Grande stage.

The Finn posted his best time on his fourth run and at one point Volkswagen was on course for a 1-2-3. However, Citroen’s Kris Meeke went second fastest on his fourth and final run to move ahead of Sebastien Ogier by 0.9sec, with Andreas Mikkelsen a further 0.5sec behind.

“Generally I feel in the groove with the car,” said Latvala. “Tyre wear was OK and this was a good way to get started. The stage had a narrow, technical section and a high speed part so it was a good sample of the actual rally, good preparation.”

Mads Ostberg and Mikko Hirvonen completed the top six. Robert Kubica was eighth in his Ford Fiesta RS WRC, the Pole showing no ill effects after a road accident during yesterday’s recce.

Chris Atkinson was ninth in his first taste of Hyundai’s i20, the Australian completing five runs through the stage. The only other WRC driver to complete five passes was Mexico’s Benito Guerra, who was 10th, 1.2sec behind Atkinson.

The times for the WRC drivers were:

1. Jari-Matti Latvala 3min 53.6sec
    2. Kris Meeke + 1.1
    3. Sebastien Ogier + 2.0
    4. Andreas Mikkelsen + 3.5
    5. Mads Ostberg + 3.6
    6. Mikko Hirvonen + 4.6
    7. Thierry Neuville + 6.5
    8. Robert Kubica + 7.9
    9. Chris Atkinson + 9.2
    10. Benito Guerra + 11.4
    11. Martin Prokop + 16.9
    12. Elfyn Evans + 17.8

click: wrc.com/2014/mexico-shakedown/

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I Support ClubWRX
    This is a fantastic thread, may I offer up a website for watching WRC streaming? No fees, no malware, no adds.

FIA WORLD RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP | LAOLA1.tv
    Drive Hard, Stay Driven..

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    ^thank you for the info / link

-----------------------------------------

Tens of thousands of fans packed the historic streets of Guanajuato tonight to generate a crackling atmosphere for the start of Rally Mexico.

Music and dancing filled the town at the colourful start ceremony for this third round of the FIA World Rally Championship, after which competitors immediately tackled the opening special stage.

The 1.01km test threaded through underground tunnels built by silver miners in the 1600s before emerging onto narrow streets lined by enthusiastic fans.

As championship leader for the first time, Jari-Matti Latvala led the field into the stage but Volkswagen team-mate Sébastien Ogier emerged fastest by 0.3sec in his Polo R.

“It was a great feeling driving through there with so many spectators. It’s always slippery here and you have to be careful – no risks at all tonight,” said the Frenchman.

A remarkable second was Estonia’s Ott Tanak at the wheel of a WRC 2 category Ford Fiesta R5. He was a 0.1sec clear of Andreas Mikkelsen’s Polo R, with Kris Meeke’s Citroen DS3 and Latvala completing the top five.

There were early problems for Hyundai debutant Chris Atkinson whose i20 stopped just 100 metres after the start. “I don’t know what happened but we reset the car and it started again,” explained the Australian who dropped more than 20sec.

Tomorrow’s leg contains 10 more stages covering 148.62km. Most are in the mountains east of León, but the day ends with two passes through a super special stage at the city’s race circuit. The opening Los Mexicanos stage starts at 08.32.

click: wrc.com/mexico-ss1/

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    SS2: Drivers handicapped by dust

Dust was the big issue as drivers emerged from the opening 9.88km Los Mexicanos stage. Organisers increased the interval between cars from the normal two minutes to three, but there was no breeze and dust lingered in the still morning air after the passage of each car.

Among the worst affected was Andreas Mikkelsen whose Volkswagen Polo R was sporting damage to the front bumper. “We hit a rock on the third corner. The dust was so bad I couldn't see the road and clipped something. The dust was terrible - really bad,” he said.

Chris Atkinson drove the stage with no turbo anti-lag system in his Hyundai i20 after the switch fell off before the start. “No ALS, no power,” said the Australian who dropped almost 30 seconds.

Mikko Hirvonen punctured the left front tyre on his Ford Fiesta RS about 5km from the finish but the Finn’s time loss over the short stage was minimal.

Fastest was overnight leader Sébastien Ogier, whose Polo R was quickest by 0.6sec from Mads Ostberg’s Citroen DS3 with Mikkelsen third.

----------------------------

SS3: Mikkelsen retires

Andreas Mikkelsen’s Rally Mexico debut proved a brief one when the Norwegian’s Volkswagen Polo R retired midway through the long 44.03km El Chocolate with broken suspension.

It is believed Mikkelsen went off the road and hit a rock. His Volkswagen hopes he will restart tomorrow under Rally 2 regulations.

Robert Kubica was hampered for the final 30km by troubles with the gearshift on his Ford Fiesta RS. To aid his weakened right hand, the Pole uses a paddle shift system but the hydraulic assistance failed, a problem Kubica blamed on the heat.

Thick gravel covered the surface and Jari-Matti Latvala and Sébastien Ogier, the first two cars into the stage, swept the loose stones clear for the benefit of those behind. Third on the road Mads Ostberg was one of those to benefit, the Norwegian going fastest to move into a 1.1 second lead over Ogier with Mikko Hirvonen climbing to third.

Benito Guerra damaged the steering rack on his Fiesta RS and his steering wheel was moving around in the cockpit. WRC 2 leader Ott Tanak retired shortly after the start when he went off and ripped the left front wheel from his Fiesta R5 while Nicolas Fuchs also stopped with a broken suspension arm.

SS4: Suspension woes for Atkinson

You have to feel sorry for Chris Atkinson. He worked so hard to earn a drive with Hyundai Motorsport and his debut rally has been nothing short of a nightmare so far.

His i20 stopped briefly in last night’s Guanajuato street stage and then struggled through this morning’s opening Los Mexicanos test with reduced power after a switch on the car’s anti-lag system fell off.

Brake problems haunted the Australian through the 44.03km El Chocolate and now broken right rear suspension in the 15.59km Las Minas (SS4) left the wheel sticking out at a strange angle

“It happened a long left corner,” he said. “I felt something strange and I thought I had a puncture. I didn’t hit anything but I guess an arm is broken.”

Atkinson dropped nearly a minute in comparison to team-mate Thierry Neuville and he’s already more than four minutes behind leader Mads Ostberg.

SS5:

Friday Midday:
    Mads Ostberg holds a narrow lead over world champion Sébastien Ogier

Each claimed two stage wins but Ostberg returned to the León service park with a 3.3sec advantage in his Citroen DS3.

The lead would have been larger but he lost time in the final test when co-driver Jonas Andersson forgot to remove the radiator blanking plate, which keeps the engine warm on road sections, before the start.

Ogier stretched his overnight advantage in his Volkswagen Polo R by winning the opening Los Mexicanos test before Ostberg moved ahead with fastest time in the 44.03km El Chocolate. He moved 6.6sec clear with quickest time in Las Minas before Andersson’s error.

Mikko Hirvonen lies a further 8.0sec behind in a Ford Fiesta RS despite a left front puncture in the opening stage. Despite ploughing the loose surface gravel as first car into the stages, Jari-Matti Latvala minimised his losses and lies fourth, 19.2sec off the lead.

Kris Meeke and Robert Kubica complete the top six, despite a problem with the hydraulic system on the Pole’s paddle shift gearchange. Elfyn Evans, Martin Prokop, Thierry Neuville and Benito Guerra complete the top 10.

Andreas Mikkelsen retired his Polo R with broken suspension after going off and hitting a rock while Chris Atkinson has endured a trying debut in his Hyundai i20. A broken switch in his car’s anti-lag system, brake problems and broken right rear suspension left him almost 4min 30sec behind.

Yuriy Protasov leads WRC 2 in a Fiesta R5 by 7.1sec from the Fiesta RRC of Lorenzo Bertelli, with the Mitusbishi Lancer of Max Rendina third. Early leader Ott Tanak retired after going off and ripping a wheel from his Fiesta R5.

click: wrc.com/mexicoleg1midday/

Last edited by Weasel 555; 03-07-2014 at 05:27 PM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    SS6:

---------------------------

SS7:

SS8:

SS9:

SS10:

SS11:

-----------------------------

Friday Summary:

Sebastien Ogier tops the Rally Mexico leaderboard by 26.1sec after a tough and dramatic opening leg. Mads Ostberg lies second with Jari-Matti Latvala a further 16.4sec behind.

It was a tale of woe for many others. Mikko Hirvonen, Kris Meeke, Robert Kubica and Andreas Mikkelsen all retired from the leg.

......Robert Kubica rolled in the first pass through tonight’s two super special stages at León’s race circuit.

The Pole, lying fourth on his first visit to the rally, crashed his Ford Fiesta RS shortly after the start of the 2.21km test. After powering down the opening straight, Kubica braked late for a tightening hairpin, missed the turn-in point and hit a concrete bollard.

The impact gently tipped the car onto its roof and the stage was immediately stopped. Both Kubica and co-driver Maciej Szczepaniak were unhurt but the windscreen was smashed and the front of the car was damaged.

Rescue vehicles righted the car and Kubica slowly completed the stage, which had been immediately yellow flagged for Thierry Neuville who started alongside the ex-Formula 1 driver.

Kubica wanted to start the second pass but officials prevented him from doing so and he set off to drive back to the León service park. It is not known what penalty he will receive for missing the final stage.

After the stage was restarted, Chris Atkinson went off at exactly the same point. Rather than trying to turn into the bend, the Australian ploughed straight on through a series of bollards. Fortunately for him, the bollards were plastic rather than the concrete one that Kubica hit.

“The guys said the Tarmac was slippery, there’s oil or something on that one corner. I saw the concrete bollard and went for the plastic ones. I'm glad I did!” joked Atkinson.

......Both Mikko Hirvonen and Kris Meeke fell foul of the final mountain stage in today’s opening leg.

Third-placed Hirvonen gave an indication of problems when he quickly left the finish of the long El Chocolate test without speaking to media.

And those concerns proved true when the Finn parked his Ford Fiesta RS early in the following 15.59km Las Minas (SS8) with what his M-Sport team described as suspected electrical problems.

Meeke, who had just gone second fastest in El Chocolate to climb to fourth, was quickest at the opening split by almost five seconds. However, his times tumbled and he stopped his Citroen DS3 near the end of the stage with a broken suspension arm.

Their demise gave a very different look to the leaderboard. Behind Sébastien Ogier and Mads Ostberg in first and second, Jari-Matti Latvala now lies third. Robert Kubica, Elfyn Evans, both of whom are competing here for the first time, and Thierry Neuville complete the top six.

more: wrc.com/friday summary

Last edited by Weasel 555; 03-08-2014 at 11:30 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Saturday

SS12:

SS13:

Saturday Midday

Sébastien Ogier won both special stages this morning to stretch his lead in Rally Mexico to 49.0sec over Volkswagen team-mate Jari-Matti Latvala.

He started the second leg with a 26.1sec advantage over Mads Ostberg, but earned breathing space when Ostberg hit a bank in the opening 30.33km Ibarrilla and broke the rear left suspension upright on his Citroen DS3.

Ostberg battled valiantly to make repairs ahead of the monster 53.69km Otates, but conceded defeat before the start and will return tomorrow under Rally 2 regulations.

With an extended lead, Ogier admitted he could afford to control his pace, while Latvala was second fastest in both stages in the team’s other Polo R.

The VW duo have a comfortable cushion over Thierry Neuville, who is 3min 51.6.sec off the lead in third in a Hyundai i20. The Belgian moved ahead of Elfyn Evans in Otates and is 11.1sec clear of the Welshman’s Ford Fiesta RS.

Martin Prokop and Benito Guerra complete the top six, both in Fiesta RS cars, with Chris Atkinson seventh in the other Hyundai. WRC 2 leader Yuriy Protasov is eighth with Mikko Hirvonen and Kris Meeke, both running under Rally 2 regulations after retiring yesterday, ninth and 10th.

Robert Kubica and Andreas Mikkelsen both rolled out in Otates.

Protasov has a lead of more than 16 minutes in WRC 2 over Max Rendina, who inherited second when fellow Italian Lorenzo Bertelli rolled heavily.

click: wrc.com/mexico/saturday-midday/

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    SS14:

SS15:

SS16:

SS17:

SS18:

Saturday Update

In summary

Sebastien Ogier stretched his lead in Rally Mexico to 60.3sec during today's third day. Volkswagen team-mate Jari-Matti Latvala lies second with Thierry Neuville on target for a maiden podium for Hyundai in third.

It was another tough day for the WRC's stars. Mads Ostberg retired from second with broken suspension while Robert Kubica and Andreas Mikkelsen both rolled out.

read more: wrc.com/saturday-update/

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    SS19:

SS20:

SS21:

SS22:

Sunday

In summary

Sébastien Ogier won his second consecutive Rally Mexico today by 1min 12.6sec to move back to the head of the FIA World Rally Championship.

Volkswagen team-mate Jari-Matti Latvala finished second with Thierry Neuville claiming a maiden podium for Hyundai on only the Korean manufacturer’s third rally.

read more:wrc.com/sunday-update/

WRC 2

Yuriy Protasov won WRC 2 by a massive margin of almost 24 minutes to stretch his lead in the championship to 14 points.

The Ukraine driver, who won the opening round in Monte-Carlo, drove most of today’s third and final leg with a broken front driveshaft on his Ford Fiesta R5. But such was his advantage that his lead never came under threat.

Lorenzo Bertelli, who retired yesterday after rolling his Fiesta RRC, restarted today under Rally 2 rules and climbed the leaderboard to snatch second in the final stage.

Fellow Italian Max Rendina was third, just 15.9sec behind, in his Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X. That was sufficient to claim maximum points in the Production Cup category in WRC 2 to add to his Monte-Carlo success.

read more: wrc.com/en/wrc-2/news/

------------------------------

Next Rnd 4 - WRC Portugal - April 3-6

What’s new for 2014

The Lisbon area becomes the focus of the opening day. The start ceremony takes place in Estoril, just outside the city, before the opening stage at Praco do Imperio in the shadow of the Jerónimos Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
    Saturday’s Santana da Serra stage runs in the opposite direction to 2013.
    Sunday’s penultimate Santa Brás de Alportel returns after not being used last year.

Official Website: uk.rallydeportugal.pt/

Listen Live: wrc.com/live_popup_radio

"All We'll Drive"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.