F1 2014 All the news & rumors,& race results. - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

This is a discussion on F1 2014 All the news & rumors,& race results. within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; LOL...

I Support ClubWRX
    LOL

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Great team pic, captures the spirit. On another note, what's going on with Hamilton's hair? Did he get transplants? He looks a bit like Wayne Rooney.

Elton John's got them both beat though. Forty years ago he was almost completely cabriolet, now he looks like Bette Midler.

Last edited by SD_GR; 08-27-2014 at 05:27 PM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well looks like Button is on the way out judging from his recent comments. He says he'll retire if he doesn't get a race seat next year. All those Alonso to Mclaren stories may have something to them after all. Whoever it is,Honda will want someone competent enough to win. I have this nagging feeling Vettel's may leave RB after it was announced that Rocky will no longer be his race engineer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    I am in love with Ricciardo❤️.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    Wait: Lewis Hamilton got the Segrave Trophy in 2007. John Surtees got it in 2013. What?! Compared to Surtees, who is Hamilton? I don't understand.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

The new late-braking king?

I Support ClubWRX
    Ricciardo did really well again.

I wonder why Rosberg waited until it was too late to attack Hamilton. I also wonder how Hamilton won the GP. Anyway, great racing by everyone except Ferrari.

I Support ClubWRX
    So about Ferrari: people say they're unrecognizable but I disagree. In the first turbo era they were a middle tier team, an easy target for quick smaller teams. This is their natural role and this is their status now.

People wonder where it all went wrong for them but it didn't. The Schumacher years were an anomaly. The current results are much more normal.

As for Luca di Montrzrmolo, I think he may as well stay. His biggest mistake isn't something from this year or even this century. His biggest mistake is in the picture. Lots of water under the bridge anyway.

Maybe with new leadership and a trillion euro from
    Fiat they can stay above Caterham and get a podium once in a while depending on who from the opposition DNFs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410356332.677729.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	165633

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    Name the world champions in this picture and -- if for reasons I could not begin to understand -- you are somehow a fan of the repetitive, silly way US commentators insist on listing the number of world championships anyone and everyone has won over and over and over again, list the number for each champion. Just copy/paste the number 60 times or so in your response. (In case the memo didn't get through I'm no fan of US coverage in English and have resorted to watching US coverage in Spanish because I don't understand Spanish):

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410390295.705385.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	165721

PS Ties and shirts always. That's class. The primadonas of today could use a little cleaning up. That's another story though.

I Support ClubWRX
    Formula E off to a great start, with Nico Prost showing Nick Heidfeld where the wall is. Great aerobatics. I hope the do well and I might attend Long Beach -- one race that finally won't mean breathing fumes and wearing ear plugs.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ferrari has been on my nerves since 1980 or so. Di Montezemolo was great when he got wins -- here he is dancing for joy as Niki Lauda crossed 1st -- but now he has to go (ironically, because he can't beat Lauda)? Really boys? That's the issue?

Era felicissimo anni fa. Perché punirlo adesso? È tutta colpa sua?!

You're selling road cars anyway, whether you beat Caterham or not. Always did. I remember a sea of red on Wilshire BLVD when Alboreto was fighting for 6th, and when Alesi only won once etc etc. I suddenly feel bad for L d M -- not that a millionaire needs it -- but for old times' sake.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410843009.888110.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	166586

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nikki Lauda. That name brings back memories. Break out the rose colored glasses.
    Most kids now a days only know him because of that Rush movie. And just for posterity James Hunt!
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I Support ClubWRX

F1 2014 All the news & rumors,& race results.

James Hunt was incorrigible and when he got together with Bazza legend has it they left ruins in their wake but he was in later years a great TV announcer. I'm no fan of current announcers.

Consider this: at one point you could hear Grands Prix announced by James Hunt and read about them by Nelson Piquet (writing for Quattroruote). You could also read rally coverage by Walter Röhrl. Today I watch F1 in a language I can't understand because the coverage I can understand is absolutely grating. My how things change.

(More irony in that Lauda runs Merc now but he owns at least one Ferrari because I remember in 1987 or so he bought a 288 GTO Evolutione -- kind of a prova generale or mule for the F40 and a bit of a stillborn Group B homologation special. Monstrous at the time.)

PS in the photo I really want to know who the flag bearer is. Those red pants are all the money. Plus look at his cuffs, he's got the courage to show cuffs so he's not wearing a jacket off the peg, or at least he's had it altered correctly. Impressive.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 09-15-2014 at 11:39 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678