F1 2014 All the news & rumors,& race results. - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2014 All the news & rumors,& race results. within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Vettel said it best when asked what he felt about the new engine sound. NSFW...

I Support ClubWRX
    Vettel said it best when asked what he felt about the new engine sound. NSFW

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    "Sebastian,Daniel is faster than you. Let him by."

Sent from my HTC One
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Lol

Bahrain was awesome. Really put team mates up against each other. Aaaaan Ricciardo beat Vettel. Not to mention the awesome fight for first with the Mercedes cars. Although I'm rooting for Mercedes, was a shame for Ferrari. Force India seemed to come out of no where and surprised the Hell out of me though.

Sent from my unreasonably large Note II

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    That move reinforced my opinion that Maldonado has no place in F1. Just too many errors in judgement at other peoples' cost.

Domenicali stands down as Ferrari F1 team principal

Considering Montezemolo's reaction and early exit from the track at the last race, I'd put money on this not being Domenicali's decision; simply a chance to exit with dignity.

I Support ClubWRX

F1 2014 All the news & rumors,& race results.

So someone counts beans, right? Is it cheaper to have Vettel refuse team orders and publicly air laundry vs having him listen and potentially putting the other car on the podium? Weighing exposure money vs team points money would be interesting.

If exposure is more profitable I'd love to see Vettel ram Alonso.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    So someone counts beans, right? Is it cheaper to have Vettel refuse team orders and publicly air laundry vs having him listen and potentially putting the other car on the podium? Weighing exposure money vs team points money would be interesting.

If exposure is more profitable I'd love to see Vettel ram Alonso.
    Vettel's complete lack of sensibility and smart calls makes me think he is desperate for attention since he has kind of taken a back seat to Ricciardo.
    Highlight of the race was Vettel saying "Tough luck..." to team orders asking for him to allow Ricciardo pass and then getting passed by Ricciardo anyway. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

I Support ClubWRX
    I wonder if it's not his complete lack of sensibility that's helped make him a millionaire.

I agree about the highlight of the race; in fact that's what lead me to my quesion: I wonder if it's more profitable for Red Bull to air dirty laundry (perhaps even generate dirty laundry specifically to then air it?!) than it is to fight for a few more points given that team points translate to money for the team at the end of the season. So it's possible that was all for show... Since the teams can chose which conversations make airtime and which don't, and this one made the broadcast, I wonder who made that decision and why. Are we being lead?

So, somebody must be doing cost:benefit analyses for each scenario I suppose, and I just wonder which option makes them the most ca$h.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I'm pretty sure it would be most beneficial, financially, to get Ricciardo on the podium rather than having him fight past his childish teammate. Seriously, Ricciardo would have had a better chance to pass Alonso if he didnt have to wait two laps to get past Vettel. More points more money, I would think.

Did you hear how Vettel is downplaying his rebbellious inner child? He is claiming that initially he thought they were on the same strategy (three stop I think) but after getting word that Ricciardo is on two stop, he let him pass. I don't buy it. I'm convinced he is at it again.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SwrvnMrvin View Post
    I'm pretty sure it would be most beneficial, financially, to get Ricciardo on the podium rather than having him fight past his childish teammate. Seriously, Ricciardo would have had a better chance to pass Alonso if he didnt have to wait two laps to get past Vettel. More points more money, I would think.

Did you hear how Vettel is downplaying his rebbellious inner child? He is claiming that initially he thought they were on the same strategy (three stop I think) but after getting word that Ricciardo is on two stop, he let him pass. I don't buy it. I'm convinced he is at it again.

I would think the points would matter more in the end too, and I thought at the time that Ricciardo had a decent chance to catch Alonso had Vettel not delayed him. Since Ricciardo was so much quicker than Vettel at that stage, once the pace difference and the tyre strategy had become clear to Vettel I think it was pointless to fight, much less posture.

I wonder, has Vettel given this year's car a silly name like he did with cars in the past?

Also, I wonder how many world championships Vettel has won. Since the announcers didn't repeat the number more than a dozen times, I think I might write them a letter begging them to tell us all at least one hundred times per broadcast. That's a pet pieve of mine...

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Also, I wonder how many world championships Vettel has won. Since the announcers didn't repeat the number more than a dozen times, I think I might write them a letter begging them to tell us all at least one hundred times per broadcast. That's a pet pieve of mine...
    +1.

With the exception of his pretty amazing ability to come out in qualifying and immediately put in a great lap over the last few seasons, I don't rate Vettel as a driver very much. He simply had the best car. So I don't find it surprising that he's struggling now that's no longer the case.

I'm not convinced there's too much theater going on during the race, as far as the drivers are concerned. I think there has to be an enormous amount of adrenaline flowing while racing at those speeds, so for the drivers to say anything other than what's really on their mind seems hard to believe. I wasn't aware the teams had any say over which radio messages were broadcast. I thought that was purely down to race control. But, if that's not the case, then I can absolutely see the teams using it to their financial advantage. Any advertising's good advertising, right? It sounds even more plausible for a team whose sponsor IS the team.

Also.... read this this morning. I'm sure someone's got a good reason for the rule, but it sounds pretty bizarre to me: https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/...41175--f1.html

I Support ClubWRX

F1 2014 All the news & rumors,& race results.

Intermission... Between Grands Prix and in the spirit of a Subaru forum here is the Subaru-powered (I'm using "powered" very generously) F1 car in its natural habitat (Gachot's car; Montreal CA 1990). The indifferent Subaru flat 12 and the Coloni organization's infrastructure combined into an unprecedented fiasco.

Coloni eventually did the right thing and got Ford engines. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    +1.

With the exception of his pretty amazing ability to come out in qualifying and immediately put in a great lap over the last few seasons, I don't rate Vettel as a driver very much. He simply had the best car. So I don't find it surprising that he's struggling now that's no longer the case.

I'm not convinced there's too much theater going on during the race, as far as the drivers are concerned. I think there has to be an enormous amount of adrenaline flowing while racing at those speeds, so for the drivers to say anything other than what's really on their mind seems hard to believe. I wasn't aware the teams had any say over which radio messages were broadcast. I thought that was purely down to race control. But, if that's not the case, then I can absolutely see the teams using it to their financial advantage. Any advertising's good advertising, right? It sounds even more plausible for a team whose sponsor IS the team.

Also.... read this this morning. I'm sure someone's got a good reason for the rule, but it sounds pretty bizarre to me: https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/...41175--f1.html
    For what its worth, Vettel tends to behave this way regularly. I am sure you guys remember in seasons past, in spite of a points advantage, when Vettel was asked to let a faster team mate pass, he refused. That is largely why poor old Webber ended up leaving.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast