2014 WRX 1/4 mile time?

This is a discussion on 2014 WRX 1/4 mile time? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I took my 2014 WRX HB to Atco today and my fastest run was a 13.9. What is the ...

2014 WRX 1/4 mile time?

So I took my 2014 WRX HB to Atco today and my fastest run was a 13.9. What is the advertised stock time on this car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

as far as i know, there isn't an "advertised" 1/4 mile time. just an advertised 0-60 time of something like 4.7 seconds. 13.9 sounds on point with other late model WRXs stock 1/4 mile times.

I've never personally been to atco, but from what I've heard, its a pretty crummy track, and its commonly referred to as "slow atco". your opinion?

I haven't been to Atco to run since 2008. That being said, my first run I took it like a rookie and drove on top of all the burnout rubber and ran a 15.1. After that I knew better to drive around it and ran a 14.6. My third run I did a 14.056 and then the 4th run a 13.9. I ran one more time to try and beat it but I ran a 14.054 so I stopped.

If I got a 13.9 on my first trip to the track I would be extremely happy with that, at my local track I usually see stock wrx's with a 13.8-14.5 times. I have never ran mine but thats what I see around here, motortrend or some other magazine once did a test and they said that with an extremely nasty redline clutch slip the car can go 13.5 but they did not recommend you do that obviously. IMO be happy with your time and take it as a baseline.

First time, only time, I've been to the track I ran 14.4/14.3/14.4.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Yea, I was happy with getting into the 13's.

Quote Originally Posted by jcr557 View Post
    Yea, I was happy with getting into the 13's.
    btw, how did you launch?

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    as far as i know, there isn't an "advertised" 1/4 mile time. just an advertised 0-60 time of something like 4.7 seconds. 13.9 sounds on point with other late model WRXs stock 1/4 mile times.

I've never personally been to atco, but from what I've heard, its a pretty crummy track, and its commonly referred to as "slow atco". your opinion?

ATCO is one of the fastest track in the country. Many the fastest bone stock times come at Atco. It's near sea level and it gets really cold up in N.J. It's not uncommon for the Density Altitude to be negative -1000 ft or more. That produces very fast times.

I've heard rumors that Atco is actually slightly downhill as well.

When I had my Mustang I always went to Raceway Park, it's only 30 minutes from me, and Muscle Mustangs mag rated Raceway as one of the best amateur tracks in the country.
    2014 Subaru WRX WRB Stage 1
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson

13.9 huh. That's a good run. I'm guessing I can expect the same in a couple months when I run my '13?
    Stitch Jones aka Mr Bakalava
    2013 PBP WRX

Absolutely. I'm going back when they open up to try and beat it. I also want to run my ST and see what I can do.