Ford pulls official support from top-level NHRA teams

This is a discussion on Ford pulls official support from top-level NHRA teams within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As the smallest team in the sport, it wasn't really a surprise when Dodge decided to pull out of NASCAR, ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Ford pulls official support from top-level NHRA teams

As the smallest team in the sport, it wasn't really a surprise when Dodge decided to pull out of NASCAR, but Autoweek is reporting that Ford is looking to pull the plug on its professional-level NHRA sponsorships following the 2014 season. With attendance and television ratings down, the article reports that Ford is just backing out of the top series but will remain active in the Sportsman classes of racing, which are geared more toward the grassroots and semi-professional racers.

This means that one of drag racing's biggest names, John Force, will be left looking for new sponsorship after next season. Force, 64, has been with Ford for 17 years, winning 15 championships in that time and winning almost half of all Funny Car events in his Mustang since he started working with Ford in 1997, but after 2014, there could be some big shakeups at John Force Racing.

According to the report, Force would consider is moving over to the Top Fuel dragster series, although he could also move to another manufacturer to remain in the Funny Car series. With Ford on the way out, this leaves just Toyota and Dodge as the remaining active automakers in the highest levels of drag racing.

click: autoblog.com/2013/08/11/ford-pulls-official-support-from-top-level-nhra-teams/
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 08-12-2013 at 08:10 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow, that's crazy.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I think it's a terrible decision by Ford and a real low blow to the Force,Tasca and Wilkerson funny car teams.It's been really disheartening to see how many big sponsors have pulled out of drag racing the last 5 years.The sport is going to suffer because of it.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[