2013 Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2013 Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I attended this event for the first time last year, and returned again this year. I figured I'd post up ...

2013 Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix

I attended this event for the first time last year, and returned again this year. I figured I'd post up a little bit about it.

Basically, it's a week and a half long event consisting of car shows, scenic drives, food, music, etc.... culminating in a number of classifications of vintage car races through Schenley Park in Pittsburgh. This year was the 31st running of the event, which uses all proceeds from the events to benefit a couple of local schools serving individuals with various disabilities. PVGP is run on a very challenging and dangerous track, and is the only vintage event held on city streets in the U.S. As a result, the event has gained a lot of notoriety both nationally and internationally. Here's the website if you'd like to know more.

Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix | Presented by Shop 'n Save

Below is a map of the course highlighted in red. The start/finish is marked in the lower right and the course runs clockwise from there.

And an on-board video from last years event.

Between the small show on Monday and the main events this weekend, I took a good number of pictures, so I'll just include some samples here. The full album can be found here.

A few phone shots from the Walnut Street show on Monday.

- Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Here's a number of pictures from the car show and races on Saturday and Sunday.

Anyone know what this thing is on the front bumper of this TR2?

SUBIES! (Lots more in the photobucket album linked above)

Last edited by djk5077; 07-22-2013 at 05:45 PM.
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

Last edited by djk5077; 07-22-2013 at 05:52 PM.
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.