Pikes Peak 2013 & the return of Peugot
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Pikes Peak 2013 & the return of Peugot within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; For those unfamiliar with Peugeot's history at Pikes Peak. Peugeot stopped participating in the WRC after Group B was killed ...

I Support ClubWRX

Pikes Peak 2013 & the return of Peugeot

For those unfamiliar with Peugeot's history at Pikes Peak. Peugeot stopped participating in the WRC after Group B was killed off. In 1988 they created the 405 T16 specifically for the Pikes Peak International climb & it was piloted by Ari Vatanen & can be seen in the all time great intense climb dance film.

The track measures 12.42 miles (19.99 km) over 156 turns, climbing 4,720 ft & it is said that you can experience all four seasons on the climb to the top. It can be bright & sunny at the bottom & freezing at the summit.

Last edited by rage-wrx; 07-01-2013 at 09:03 AM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    That was the only & last time Peugot participated in the hill climb. Well now they are back with none other than 9 time WRC champion Sebastian Loeb in the 2018 T16. Loeb is the most successful driver in the history of the WRC. Loeb has never driven the track before.

The track record is held by Rhys Millen in a Hyundai Genesis Coupe in 2012 with a time of 9:46:164. In comparison Ari Vatanen did the run in a then record breaking 10:47:220 in 1988.

Last edited by rage-wrx; 06-27-2013 at 08:24 AM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Rhys Millen's record run

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    Intro to Sebastian Loeb's attempt

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    The car.

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    Interview

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    So far Sebastian Loeb has dominated in qualifying putting him at the front for Sunday's race.

Pikes Peak Hill Climb: Sebastien Loeb dominant in qualifying - Other news - AUTOSPORT.com

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

WTF - it's all tarmac now??!? Well, that's not the same race at all! It certainly explains how Millen's time was a full minute quicker than Vatenen's.

I've been looking forward to Loeb's attempt since I heard about it a few weeks ago. It seemed like the best rally driver in the World stood a pretty good chance of breaking the record so long as the Pug was good. But if it's all tarmac, then any track driver stands just as good a chance. It's not rallying anymore
    Last edited by Soobvirgin; 06-27-2013 at 09:21 AM.

^+1 The change to all asphalt make the "old" times not compare to the new times. I'd think Vatanen still holds a record that can not be broken, unless it went back to dirt track. Comparison is simply not possible. And yes, that is racing, not rallying. Let's just leave it there. Looking forward to what's coming, it's still interesting racing, even if it reminds a bit of auto-x.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I Support ClubWRX
    I think Peugeot also entered the 205T16 at Pike's Peak, before Vatanen ran the 405. Anyway, now it's like any other hill climb. If the rules allow it I'd like to see an F1 chassis.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I think Peugeot also entered the 205T16 at Pike's Peak, before Vatanen ran the 405. Anyway, now it's like any other hill climb.
    You're right.

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    If the rules allow it I'd like to see an F1 chassis.
    I think the car that Paul Dallenbach uses is more or less based on an F1 chassis. They called it a Dallenbach Special in Dirt 2 but I'm not sure it actually has a name.

PPIHC10 0075 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Dem wheels and tires!!!!

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.