Pikes Peak 2013 & the return of Peugot - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Pikes Peak 2013 & the return of Peugot within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Gonna have to check this out at home where I can watch videos without buffering every 4 seconds. When did ...

Gonna have to check this out at home where I can watch videos without buffering every 4 seconds.

When did they change the track to all tarmac!?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was at the race and it was amazing. Some of my favorites were the Peugeot, the modified 4-wheeler motorcycles, the side-cars, and an older Camaro drifting around the turns where we were watching. Also some of the EV's were surprisingly fast with Monster's placing 5th if I remember right.

The track has been all tarmac for a few years now. They had been paving it at a rate of about a mile per year for over a decade. It was a fun to watch race when it had dirt but the drivers all say it was actually a safer race then too. Now the speeds are so high it is more dangerous then ever. Loeb was hitting right around 160 mph compared to the old days at only around 120mph i think. It has evolved but i think in the coming years it will be amazing to watch the competition grow.

Loebs car goes 0-60 in 1.8 seconds. Holy *#>*!!!

Quote Originally Posted by andrenelon View Post
    The track has been all tarmac for a few years now. They had been paving it at a rate of about a mile per year for over a decade. It was a fun to watch race when it had dirt but the drivers all say it was actually a safer race then too. Now the speeds are so high it is more dangerous then ever. Loeb was hitting right around 160 mph compared to the old days at only around 120mph i think. It has evolved but i think in the coming years it will be amazing to watch the competition grow.

Loebs car goes 0-60 in 1.8 seconds. Holy *#>*!!!
    Yeah the turns we were watching from were two hairpins at the middle campground and he hit ~80 between the two and it was insane.

To me the old records are standing, period. The "new" records are open to be challenged, in the coming years. With the change to all asphalt nobody can break the old records, since it's not the same track. So we're looking forward only. Unless the track is the same, I'd just not compare performances.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Here it is. In-car video of the most intense concentration for 8 minutes.

RB Standard Channels Player

Edit : oh just noticed post above me....lol

Here's a sick onboard vid...Enjoy!

Last edited by Big_Ben; 07-02-2013 at 09:47 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12