First time awd drag racing
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on First time awd drag racing within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ran a 13.6 in the quarter. Not to bad for my first time in an awd car. Especially considering the ...

First time awd drag racing

Ran a 13.6 in the quarter. Not to bad for my first time in an awd car. Especially considering the crap 91 octane and 100 degree temps. Didn't launch to hard cause I like my transmission in one piece.

Just an FYI on the car
    2013 wrx, Cobb OTS 91 octane ACN LWG map, invidia catted dp, invidia q300, Cobb intake, kartboy ss.

2013 wrx sedan(saving up for a 2015 STI)

Previous faist cars: '05 Mustang GT '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    nice run man. What did you launch at? Did you use launch control or flat foot shifting? Since i see you have the AP.

Ya I used launch control set at 4200 rpm. I think a setting of 46-4800 rpm on the launch control would have yielded a better 60' and a 13.5 or less time. But I didn't want to push it too hard. I already spanked a 2012 gti, fox mustang and stayed dead even with a modded evo 8. Also lost to a few boosted 2011+ 5.0 stangs. Man those thing haul serious butt. So I was happy for the night regardless lol
    2013 wrx sedan(saving up for a 2015 STI)

Previous faist cars: '05 Mustang GT '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

Vegas is an altitude track. It is a beast to run a good number there. Those are some good numbers for a hot day in Vegas.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.