WRC 13 Rally Mexico Mar7-10 talk/results spoiler** - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRC 13 Rally Mexico Mar7-10 talk/results spoiler** within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; WRC Mexico Day 1 part2 ......

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    WRC Mexico Day 1 part2

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Ogier’s time reduced after gate incident

Sebastien Ogier's stage time though SS18 (Otates) has been reduced by 40 seconds after he was forced to stop to open a gate that blocked the road.

The clerk of the course examined GPS data and split times from Ogier’s Polo R before deciding on the amount of time to be credited.

The decision makes Ogier the fastest driver through Otates, and gives him an extended rally lead of 3min 29.7sec ahead of Sunday’s competition.

click: wrc.com/news/ogier-gate

...!
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Sunday:

SS21: Neuville challenge ends with lucky escape

As promised by his M-Sport team boss on Saturday night, Thierry Neuville had Mikko Hirvonen’s second place in his sights on Sunday's opening Guanajuatito test.

But after making a promising start, and matching Hirvonen’s opening pace, the Belgian’s challenge effectively ended 10km in, when his Fiesta RS slipped off the road and into a ditch.

His car unscathed, Neuville got back underway with the loss of around 15 seconds but the positions effectively settled. “It was a huge moment,” explained Neuville. “I braked too late for a tight corner, and went straight on into a ditch. I was very, very lucky to get back on.”

Following Neuville through the stage, Hirvonen set the fastest time, and by the finish had extended his advantage to a more comfortable 29.2sec. “I knew that he was pushing, but it was clear from the lines in the road that he had braked too late and gone off," said Hirvonen.

"When we heard the split time I knew I could take it easier. I must say I have huge respect for the way he drove today - and of course to the team for allowing him to fight.”

With little to gain and everything to lose, most of the drivers in the top ten adopted a cautious approach and tried to save their tyres for the Power Stage that followed.

Chris Atkinson, however, was still playing catch-up after his problems on Friday and his persistence was rewarded with another step up the classifications, moving ahead of Ken Block into sixth.

“Okay, its a bit disappointing to lose the place, but that’s a really enjoyable stage to drive,” said Block. “Perhaps I was to cautious in the first half, I was braking too early in places but I’m happy to have taken six seconds from Guerra.”

Rally leader Sebastien Ogier completed the stage cleanly in the second fastest time. “At the beginning I was avoiding every rock, no matter how small, but after the middle when it opened up and got a bit safer I pushed harder to get my rhythm back," he said. "It went okay, now I’ll see if I can take one or two points in the Power Stage.”

Michal Kosciuszko’s troubled rally came to an premature end when his Mini JCW stopped at the 42km mark.

click: wrc.com/news/mexico ss21

---------------------

SS22: Ogier wins Power Stage

If anyone thought rally leader Sebastien Ogier would throttle back and preserve his lead rather than chase Power Stage points, then they were mistaken. The Frenchman took maximum bonus points by winning the test by 5.9sec in his Volkswagen Polo R.

If that was a surprise, then so was the fact that Mads Ostberg and Jari-Matti Latvala were second and third, claiming two and one points respectively. Latvala started first on the road and Ostberg was just one car behind him, and both endured the worst of the conditions as they ploughed slippery loose gravel.

With the exception of Ogier, it seemed those higher up the leaderboard were unwilling to risk their overall positions in the pursuit of Power Stage points, despite the benefit of cleaner roads further down the start order.

A relaxed Ogier was asked if he was trying to win everything and joked: “Not everything – but as much as I can! I wasn’t flat out but the road was getting cleaner and cleaner. Mads did a good job to take second from second on the road.”

Ogier referred to a small problem with the throttle, the Frenchman checking it out before the stage start. Wrc.com understands it is related to the throttle sensor, but the Volkswagen Motorsport team in the Leon service park remained unconcerned.

Ostberg will be hugely surprised with second in his Ford Fiesta RS. “It was very difficult because there was a lot of gravel on the road and the drivers behind will have a cleaner line. They will have to go very slowly not to beat my time,” he said.

Latvala was a further 2.3sec behind in the other Polo R. “The feeling was good but it’s so slippery,” said the Finn. “We took two spare wheels this morning but maybe that wasn’t the right decision.”

Mikko Hirvonen was fourth in his Citroen DS3, despite completing the stage with a huge chunk of rubber missing from his rear left tyre. Fortunately for him the tyre remained inflated. Dani Sordo’s Citroen DS3 and Evgeny Novikov’s Fiesta RS rounded off the top six.

click: wrc.com/news/mexico ss22

---------------------

SS23 SuperSpecial

Sebastien Ogier has taken victory in Rally Mexico and secured a maiden win on gravel for Volkswagen's Polo R World Rally Car on only the manufacturer's third event.

Ogier, 29, held the lead of the Leon-based rally from Friday’s sixth stage, eventually winning by 3min 28.9sec from Citroen Total Abu Dhabi team driver Mikko Hirvonen at the wheel of a Citroen DS3.

Thierry Neuville was third, 54.9sec behind Hirvonen, in a Qatar World Rally Team Ford Fiesta RS.

click: wrc.com/news/ogier wins

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    WRC wrap:

Sebastien Ogier claimed his second consecutive WRC victory today after dominating Rally Mexico in a Volkswagen Polo R.

The Frenchman led after Thursday’s opening sprint tests, and despite losing the lead briefly on Friday, he quickly regained his advantage and was never again troubled. He eventually took this third round of the 2013 season by 3min 28.9sec from Mikko Hirvonen’s Citroen DS3.

Thierry Neuville claimed his first WRC podium in a Ford Fiesta RS. The Belgian gave up his pursuit of Hirvonen after sliding into a ditch on this morning’s opening stage, and he finished 54.9sec behind the Finn.

Ogier won 16 of the 23 stages, covering almost 400km in the hills above Leon, and claimed maximum points from the weekend having also taken bonus points for winning the Power Stage earlier today.

His victory came on the Polo R’s gravel debut, and in its first season of competition the duo have finished second on Rallye Monte-Carlo’s asphalt, won in the snow and ice of Sweden and now laid down a marker on gravel.

“The start of the season is just amazing for us,” said Ogier. “We want to thank the team because the car was perfect again all weekend. Okay, just a small alarm this morning with a sensor but it was not a drama, and here we are again at the end with a perfect amount of points.

“Now we have quite a good lead for the championship after just three rallies. For sure the season will be long, but already it’s not bad,” added Ogier, who heads Sebastien Loeb in the drivers’ standings by 31 points.

Hirvonen climbed to second when Mads Ostberg, the only driver capable of matching Ogier’s times, was sidelined with a broken alternator on his Ford Fiesta RS yesterday. Hirvonen held off a charging Neuville to claim his best result of the season and climb to third in the points.

“Second place - back to normal!” joked the Finn. “Of course, I’m happy to get my first podium of this year but Sebastien was so fast and we couldn’t match his pace. Okay, we have lots of work to do but I’m happy we’ve finally got on the podium and taken a solid result.”

A buoyant Neuville celebrated with a champagne shower on the podium from his rivals.

“We did a job we can be proud of and learned a lot. This morning I tried to push but okay, it went wrong, but we are still here with no damage on the car. It’s been a long wait for a podium, last year many things went wrong. We showed everyone we can learn, we took another step, now we are ready to go forward again and win,” he said.

Dani Sordo finished fourth, despite frequently feeling uncomfortable in his Citroen DS3, the Spaniard more than six minutes behind Ogier. Nasser Al-Attiyah finished fifth on his debut in a Fiesta RS WRC and Chris Atkinson shrugged off a 3min 30sec time penalty after breaking his Citroen DS3’s steering to claim sixth.

Ken Block scored a career-best seventh place and the leaderboard was rounded off by Benito Guerra on his World Rally Car debut, Martin Prokop and Evgeny Novikov.

click: wrc.com/WRC Wrap

---------------------

WRC 2 wrap:

Abdulaziz Al-Kuwari dominated the WRC 2 support category to bring his Ford Fiesta RRC home 9min 14.6sec clear of Mexico's Nicolas Fuchs.

The Qatari was the only driver present in a new-generation WRC 2 car and he won 21 of the 23 stages on his Rally Mexico debut.

It was also Al-Kuwari’s first appearance in a Fiesta RRC and he admitted the weekend had been easier than anticipated.

“I thought it would be very difficult here, but we started well and continued to do a good job,” he said. “There were no mistakes and no problems with the car. Killian (Duffy, co-driver) did a great job. Four hundred kilometres on the pace notes and no mistakes.”

Fuchs had no serious problems in his Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX and finished 8min 19.6sec ahead of the Evo X Lancer of Ricardo Trivino, who struggled with brake issues in the high temperatures.

Armin Kremer retired from third yesterday with a broken steering arm on his Subaru Impreza WRX. He restarted today under Rally 2 rules and came home fourth, despite stopping in the opening stage to check a vibration which turned out to be a stone wedged in the brake caliper.

Yuriy Protasov was sidelined on Friday with broken suspension on his Impreza WRX but he, too, restarted and completed the finishers despite a dramatic final day. He survived a big spin in the opening stage, but punctured both rear tyres and bent his front right suspension in the incident.

click: wrc.com/WRC2 wrap

-----------------------

Next: Rnd 4 WRC Portugal 11-14 April

Rally de Portugal retains the broad format of 2012, with three days of competition in the Algarve and Baixo Alentejo regions. With the recce held on 9 and 10 April, the Qualifying Stage (April 11) returns to Vale do Judeu. Later that day, and for the first time since its return to the WRC, Rally de Portugal will feature a ceremonial start in the setting of the Vilamoura Marina, echoing the 2005 and 2006 rallies, which ran as candidate events ahead of the rally’s return to the WRC.

Portugal’s stages, which include a mixture of open roads and technical and narrow sections, are characterised by their abrasive surface. This puts the onus on tyre wear although the April date means this might not be as apparent as in 2010 when tyre wear rates were reported as being 40 per cent higher than on other gravel rallies.

Official Website: uk.rallydeportugal.pt/

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    WRC Mexico Day 2 part1

Last edited by Weasel 555; 03-11-2013 at 08:44 PM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    WRC Mexico Day 2 part2

Last edited by Weasel 555; 03-11-2013 at 08:44 PM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    WRC Mexico Day 3 part1

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    WRC Mexico Day 3 part2

"All We'll Drive"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.