F1 2013 Thread
Page 1 of 33 1234567891011 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2013 Thread within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Formula 1® - The Official F1® Website There are some small but important changes to the F1 regulations for 2013. ...

I Support ClubWRX

F1 2013 Thread

Formula 1® - The Official F1® Website

There are some small but important changes to the F1 regulations for 2013. This drawing highlights the key revisions that have been made to the FIA's technical requirements for the new cars…

1) Weight - due to changes in their structure, Pirelli's 2013 tyres are around 2kg heavier per set than in 2012, hence the car's minimum weight limit has been increased by the same amount, from 640 to 642kg. As a consequence, the weight-distribution requirement has also been revised to minimum figures of 292kg:343kg front to rear, leaving teams 7kg to play with.
    2)Stepped noses - to mask the step in the car's nose (thought unattractive by many), teams are now allowed to place a non-structural 'vanity panel' over this area, the shape of which is strictly controlled by the regulations.
    3) Front wing tests - to prevent them flexing, front wings now face a tougher deflection test, with a 1,000N (100kg) load applied at two different points on both the longitudinal and transverse axes. The amount the wing may deflect has been reduced from 20mm to 10mm.
    4) Load and crash tests - more severe load tests for the roll structure have been introduced and the crash test requirements modified.
    5) Survival cell - the side load test for the survival cell is more severe too, and it must be applied to all chassis produced by a team, rather than to a single example.
    6) DRS - active 'double DRS' systems - where the DRS activation mechanism is utilised for other purposes - are no longer allowed (only passive solutions are now considered legal). Also, DRS usage is now limited to the DRS zones in all sessions (previously it could be used anywhere during free practice and qualifying).
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    I hope I can make either the Singapore or Korean GPs this year! The '12 Korean GP was awesome (and cheap)!
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Old video but interesting

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    nice job on the f1 thread

hammy for the title
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    hammy for the title
    I lost a lot of sleep over the title. I wanted to stay within teh Weasel's F1 thread title rules. Which is why I took an example from the F1 2012 thread
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    2012 F1 got lost, for me, since we cut cable at the house. I'm really hoping to keep up with it this year, via NBC!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX

Re: F1 2013 Thread

On the topic of NBC, I don't know if you guys heard about the new-ish commentator line up. I know Spiros will be delighted to hear that they have preserved the SPEED TV team save for the all around hated Bob Varsha, who will be replaced by Leigh Diffey

http://jalopnik.com/5960933/nbc-hire...ts-f1-coverage

Also Will Buxton has been retained.

http://jalopnik.com/5969888/nbc-make...e-pit-reporter
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 01-15-2013 at 08:02 AM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    LOLz, I actually liked Bob Varsha. But it's all good, I'm sure I'll enjoy the team on NBC!
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    It's going to be on NBC sports, a cable network and Varsha was the worst.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    What did you guys dislike about him? He was certainly more of a "radio announcer" type than the other folks, who were more driving and tech-based.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX

Re: F1 2013 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    What did you guys dislike about him? He was certainly more of a "radio announcer" type than the other folks, who were more driving and tech-based.
    He was pretty knowledgeable about F1 history. Yes, he was mostly an announcer. I didn't fancy his sometimes pompous attitude. He would at times cut off the others from expressing their views on a topic. I once remember him almost get into a live on air tiff with Will Buxton last year when Buxton started expressing his views on a subject, then suddenly cutting him off & going to commercial. He was the boss. Just too formal for me I guess. I personally have liked Leigh Diffey ,who was Varsha's stand in ,a lot more
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Page 1 of 33 1234567891011 ... LastLast