F1 2013 Thread - Page 9
Closed Thread
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2013 Thread within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Interesting graphs from last weekend's race. Shows lap times throughout the race (from an article here: Tech Talk: Tyre trends ...

Interesting graphs from last weekend's race. Shows lap times throughout the race (from an article here: Tech Talk: Tyre trends to decide season | Will Gray - Yahoo! Eurosport UK). Something about either the Lotus chassis or Raikkonen's driving style, or a combination of the two, that allowed him to steadily lower his lap time as fuel burnt off. Compare this to the dramatic drop-off in times as the tires wore on Vettel's and Alonso's cars.

Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Raikkonen's driving style has always been calculated, consistent and cool. He doesn't torcher the Pirellis and seems smooth on and off the power, and gets his braking right without lockup. Hes the ICEMAN.

The Lotus while not the fastest chassis last year, had a very good aero balance both front to rear and side to side. I think they just improved upon that this year.

I'd also bet that if you could put the lotus in the wind tunnel with corner weight scales, you'd find that the down force and load was pretty evenly distributed across the chassis even with changes in direction. It doesn't seem to favor or degrade one tire over another. But if you look at the Mclaren, Mercedes, and RBR, they always favor the fronts and one tire more than the other depending on the circuit. Its always the "inside" tire that dies as the weight and aero bias during direction change favor that tire, and the same for all 3 mfgs for any race.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Fail post
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Watching the race again It is apparent to me that Kimi was on it immediatly and knew exactly when to push and when to wait. He locked up into turn one to maintain position and then attacked Lewis but after the pass on Lewis he waited and let the ferraris eat there tyres. Brilliant racecraft from the Finn knowing that he would get the last laugh after the third pitstop rotation.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

Interesting article

Insight: Different ways Lotus and Red Bull find speedJames Allen on F1

The key with the Pirelli tyres is to get the fronts warmed up evenly with the rears for a single lap in qualifying. But with the same set up, the car has to then manage that heat, particularly the rears, on longer runs. Having the front tyres in the right temperature window is particularly important for grip on turn-in to the corner.

One of the ways teams manage the heat is by playing around with heat soak from the front brake discs. It was while experimenting this early last summer that McLaren’s Jenson Button struggled, for example.

Anyone watching FP2 live?

Good to see Varsha!!!!
    2007 UGM STI: Vigilant Street series short block, ClutchMaster FX350 clutch w/ lightweight Flywheel, Invidia catless DP, Invidia N1 Race CBE, Grimspeed EBCS, Walbro 255 FP, BC Coils, AEM CAI, 8k lights, Driver Mod

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Andor View Post
    Good to see Varsha!!!!
    I forgot to DVR. How many times did he mention the 6 world champions?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX

Good to see Varsha!!!!
    I hate you.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Good to see Varsha!!!!
    I like Varsha too. And Will Buxton. Matchett and Hobbs irritate me no end. I'd really like to see Peter Windsor, who Will Buxton replaced, come back in some position.

I Support ClubWRX
    Varsha is such an annoying blow hole. Him and Greg Cramer and Ralph Shaheen need to go away. At least David Hobbs and Matchett were at least involved in F1, not some random Lawyer who got into broadcasting.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I really thought we were done with that insufferable ass.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll go back on record saying that I enjoyed the Varsha, Matchett, and Hobbs team. I think it's because Varsha's voice is what I heard when I first got into F1. I've never related to the negatives that people here throw around about him.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    All I think is this weekend will make for an awkward situation. Varsha was either ousted or he decided not to continue after FOX lost the bid to NBC. I'm thinking the first was most probably the case seeing that he does do temporary work. Do we really have no one in the entire country or a guest announcer from overseas who can sit in?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    All I think is this weekend will make for an awkward situation. Varsha was either ousted or he decided not to continue after FOX lost the bid to NBC. I'm thinking the first was most probably the case seeing that he does do temporary work. Do we really have no one in the entire country or a guest announcer from overseas who can sit in?
    I read, either here in this thread or elsewhere on the interwebs, that the rumor was Varsha had another year to run on his contract with SpeedTV, but after that he make the switch to NBC Sports to continue where he left off.

I Support ClubWRX
    Massa keeps this up he'll find himself at Williams or something pretty soon.

Anyone else see the part where Raikkonen impeded Rosberg? I played back & maybe it was the moment before the last corner when Rosberg downshifted?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.