F1 2013 Thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2013 Thread within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ...

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Strangely Force India still only has one driver & Paul Di Resta unveiled the VJM06

Force India: A refined VJM06 | Planet F1 | Formula One | News, Standings, Results, Features, Video

Force India unveiled their VJM06 at Silverstone on Friday, saying it is not only an evolution but also better looking that it's predecessor.
    The midfield outfit finished seventh in last year's Championship after ending with a run of nine consecutive grands prix in the points.
    This year, though, Force India are hoping for better as their VJM06 is a refinement of last year's car.
    "Obviously the regulations are reasonably stable from last year to this year, and the ban on the double DRS doesn't really affect us, for example," said technical director Andrew Green.
    "We basically stopped developing last year's car around the middle of the season. In fact it was still being developed in the tunnel, but those parts were not being brought to the track.
    "So the trackside guys had a chance to understand what they had, rather than it changing every week, which is really what happened up to that point.
    "When you have something that is stable you can then refine it and really dial it in.
    "We just tried to understand what the car was doing, where it differed from the model, and more importantly how we worked the tyres. We used that extra knowledge for this year's car, and it helped quite a lot."
    But despite the new car being an evolution of last year's Green says there is a lot that has changed as well and not just the nose.
    "It's a brand new car from the ground-up - everything is new, including the chassis. I know other teams were talking about carrying over big chunks of last year's car, but we haven't done that, to try and push ourselves up the grid.
    "There were still some gains to be had with the chassis, so we elected to do that. However the car is evolution rather than revolution compared with last year, just due to the nature of the regulations.
    "Visually probably the biggest thing that everybody's going to notice this year is the fairing on top of the nose to get rid of the step. It's completely neutral as far as the car is concerned, so it's a small thing really. We were happy to do it as the car looks nicer!"
    He added: "There are quite a few changes under the skin. Because we focussed a lot on the tyres last year we've given ourselves quite a few more options on set-up to help us manage them from qualifying to the race.
    "So that's something we'll be looking at going into winter testing - we'll be looking at those options and trying to understand them. It's going to be difficult because in testing it's so cold, but those options will give the engineers another weapon in their armoury.

Pics

Di Resta And His Force India VJM06 | Planet F1 | Formula One | Photo Gallery

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    That's got to be exciting, starting at a new team. It's not like he does it every other year. But he just had to mention that he went quicker than Nico in testing the new car. What an ego

I Support ClubWRX
    Britney doesn't seem to be bothered by talk like that. So its all in good humor I guess.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    But he just had to mention that he went quicker than Nico in testing the new car. What an ego
    LOL, yeah, why can't he be like all of those other race car drivers that have small egos? Sheesh!

My understanding is that he and Nico have been friends for a long time...might have just been a friendly jab.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    My understanding is that he and Nico have been friends for a long time...might have just been a friendly jab.
    Actually, that's a good point. I'd forgotten about their friendship (despite Lewis mentioning it in the video).

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    Actually, that's a good point. I'd forgotten about their friendship (despite Lewis mentioning it in the video).
    Still, money changes everything and egos don't usually help either. It'll be interesting to see what happens if they start competing with one another in earnest, or better still if the car isn't evolving as well as the others and they have to fight for row 4 each and every GP. Then nerves will start to show and it may become a soap opera -- in fact I'd not mind if it did, that'd make the team more interesting to me.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

That's my take on it as well, you can see him smirk before he says it.

Looking forward to this season, hopefully the NBC coverage is good!

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    LOOK MA, NO SIDEPODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the Cheif Aerodynamicist at Sauber deserves more money.

"It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

"It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

"And then we made ugly cars"

you can tell Alonso is looking at that thing that was developed without a propper wind tunnel and thinking,
    "oh **** I'm gonna have to drive that?"