F1 2013 Thread - Page 31
Closed Thread
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233 LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2013 Thread within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So nothing new this weekend...... Vettel wins again by such a ridiculous margin the cameras don't even bother to follow ...

So nothing new this weekend...... Vettel wins again by such a ridiculous margin the cameras don't even bother to follow him. (boring IMO) Fun part of the race for me was to watch the Ferrari's trying to move up, only to be held off by Mercedes (barely), then the drama with Kimi - I was curious if Grosjean could pull out another podium. Can't wait for next year as I hope the tech changes let everyone catch-up a bit to Red Bull.

I could feel the hate for Lotus from Kimi when he stormed straight out of the racetrack to his car and left. I could not believe he just left without doing a single interview; wow.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by STiDriven View Post
    I could feel the hate for Lotus from Kimi when he stormed straight out of the racetrack to his car and left. I could not believe he just left without doing a single interview; wow.
    I can't believe he left in a Toyota Land Cruiser. But with no pay,that is probably all he can afford now.

Fernando Alonso fails at merging.

I thought 1:18 was pretty hilarious.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I can't believe he left in a Toyota Land Cruiser. But with no pay,that is probably all he can afford now.

Fernando Alonso fails at merging.
    Well, it's only a rental car. I think it probably seems pointless to rent anything nice when all you're doing is driving between the hotel and the track for a few days, then flying off somewhere else.

Alonso's pit exit... WTH was that? He was clearly "rejoining the track". To me, this is no different than if you spin off. It is your responsibility to rejoin the race safely. I really felt he should have yielded there.

I Support ClubWRX

Williams.where rejected Ferrari Drivers find a second home.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Wow. Difficult to seem enthusiastic when you're planning on moving to a team who have scored a grand total of 1 point in the constructor's championship this year. It's a shame that he waited until it was announced he was leaving Ferrari before he really started driving. Since then, he's been giving Alonso a run for his money.

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX

More drivers drop out of last two races

More drivers drop out of last two races Sniff Petrol

Following news that Kimi Raikkonen is to miss the last two races of the Formula 1 season due to ‘back problems’, several other drivers have revealed that they too will be sitting out the remainder of the year.
    First to drop out were Ferrari drivers Fernando Alonso, who gave the excuse that his back was ‘still a bit hurty’, and Felipe Massa, who claimed that after signing for Williams he had accidentally ‘thrown away’ all his Ferrari overalls.
    Not to be outdone, Lewis Hamilton announced he was missing the last two races on account of having ‘no one to look after the dog’ whilst team mate Nico Rosberg said he mistakenly thought Abu Dhabi was the last race of the year and had ‘booked a two week non-refundable holiday at Center Parcs’.
    Other absentees will include Pastor Maldonado, who claimed his seat had got jammed too far toward after the team adjusted it ‘to let Massa have a go’ and Sergio Perez who will be unable to drive on account of ‘crying too much’.
    Meanwhile, over at Red Bull Mark Webber will not complete the season because he ‘just can’t be ****ing arsed’.
    In total, 20 of the current 22 drivers have elected not to compete in the final two races. As a result, the only entries in this weekend’s US GP will be Sebastian Vettel, who will win as usual, and Marussia’s Max Chilton, who will somehow finish 19th.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    That's funny.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    McLaren confirm Magnussen | Planet F1 | Formula One News

McLaren have confirmed Kevin Magnussen for the 2014 season with the rookie set to partner veteran Jenson Button.
    With Mexican Sergio Perez confirming on Wednesday evening that he will leave the Woking squad after only one season, the deal for Magnussen was all but done and dusted.
    The team announced on Thursday that the 21-year-old, who won this year's World Series by Renault 3.5 Championship, will make his Formula One debut next year.
    "I'm absolutely overjoyed to be making my Formula 1 debut with McLaren," Magnussen said.
    "I'll put it simply: this team is the best. It's been my dream to drive for McLaren ever since I was a small kid, and it's no exaggeration to say that I've dedicated almost every day of my life to achieving the goal of becoming a McLaren Formula 1 driver.
    "I have an enormous amount of respect for everyone at McLaren, and I want to say a massive 'thank you' to everyone, but most of all to Martin and his senior colleagues, for giving me this chance. I won't let you down, guys!
    "Equally, in Jenson, I have absolutely the ideal team-mate. He's extremely quick, obviously, but he's also very experienced and superbly capable from a technical perspective. He's a Formula 1 World Champion, which is what one day I also hope to become, and I'm determined to learn as much as I can from him."
    Team principal Martin Whitmarsh is delighted to have recruited the youngster.
    "Next year, we'll witness the biggest raft of technical changes to Formula 1 in many years, and every team and manufacturer will be pushed to the limit as they try their best to adapt to those new challenges," he said.
    "Jenson's race-winning speed, intelligence and racecraft have long been a crucial advantage to McLaren, but it's his skill as a development driver and his peerless technical feedback that will be equally valuable as we make the transition into a new and complex technical formula during the winter and new year.
    "Kevin, too, is clearly very talented and very determined, and we therefore have high hopes for him. Moreover, every time he's tested our Formula 1 car, he's been very quick and very methodical, and his feedback has been first-class.
    "Furthermore, the manner in which he won this year's World Series by Renault 3.5 Championship was truly outstanding, showcasing as it did not only his impressive natural pace but also his increasing maturity and ability to structure and manage a Championship campaign."
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX

Plus if you check out that youtube channel there are some pretty incredible sound compilations of older race cars.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    Checo was let go!

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Checo was let go!
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I understood from this article I read this morning:

Gray Matter: Why Kevin Magnussen makes sense for McLaren | Will Gray - Yahoo Eurosport UK

Back in March, I commented that I was pretty sure McLaren had chosen Perez over Hulkenberg for 2013 because of the TelMex sponsorship money he was bringing with him. It seemed to make sense as Vodafone, McLaren's main sponsor, had announced they would be parting company with the team at the end of 2013. I didn't rate Perez as a driver (too erratic), so the money seemed to make sense. Dumping him (and his sponsorship money, I assume) at this stage means they're heading into the 2014 season without a main sponsor. So then why the hell did they sign Perez for 2013?!?! He was NOT the best driver available for this season. Bizarre.

SPOILER ALERT: The results of this weekend's US GP have been leaked two days early; Vettel won again.

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.