F1 2013 Thread - Page 28
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2013 Thread within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ...

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    For all you Ferrari fans,the Ferrari store has a 50% off offer going on for anything in store with coupon code 7C5P2SBAJ1ZFH957BV59D1SJF8.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Korean GP coming up next weekend! Oddly enough, I'll be in town on business for the second year in a row. Apparently, the pit passes dropped to just a couple hundred bucks the day of the race, since they couldn't fill seats. Depending on how work goes, I might go again. I had a blast last year.

Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Ok so f1 may have tamed its image and the drivers are more socially responsible but let's not forget just a couple years ago Sutil stabbed the owner of lotus f1 in the neck in a bar after the Chinese gran prix. My step brother who I don't know all that well is English and knows a few of the drivers and has tons of crazy partying stories about Jenson from pre 2009.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Anybody else see this?

I was thinking the usual 'the loosers are just whining' - Vettle drove his tail off. But then I saw this link with a video about the odd 'sounds' Vettle's car was making at Singapore coming out of the corners

Is clever engine mapping on his Red Bull the secret to Vettel’s success? | Grand Prix 247

In the link above there is a video that shows him coming onto an acceleration zone. Sure does sound off - you can hear how raspy the engine is as he gets on the gas. The entire field doesn't sound the same and you could see how quickly Seb came out of the corners where the others are still basically coasting through (or just watch the lap times; -2.00s a lap)

I don't think he is running anything illegal - but definitely feel Red Bull figured something out with the exhaust plumbing that has them with a pretty big car advantage - perhaps like the old 'vacuum' cars like the Chaparral.

If true, I also think this move was strategic (so essentially, excellent team planning) - where R.B. knows that most others, once Singapore rolled around, would be concentrating funds for the 2014 season. So when they unleashed whatever they did; nobody could catch them even if they wanted at this point in the season. Vettle + superior car = nobody can touch them

That engine sound has me sold that something is going on there that other teams don't have.

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The sound has been there for a while. It's not one thing redbull are doing to get 2 seconds of time in the pocket it's hundreds of things. The car is just on another level development wise.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    The sound has been there for a while. It's not one thing redbull are doing to get 2 seconds of time in the pocket it's hundreds of things. The car is just on another level development wise.
    I'm just saying - that the level of performance is soooo good I understand the questioning.... and in Singapore 2.00s a lap was a 'pace' lap for Vettle. When he was told to push at the end there were times he was putting 3 and I think 4 seconds once per lap - on old tires. They either made one big change that made a huge difference for Singapore - OR they just hit the nail on the head with the setup, and everyone else missed it.

I'm starting to think Vettle sandbags practice/qualifying and unleashes in the races. We shall see if the performance continues, but if he DOESN'T dominate every other race this year I guess that answers my question.

I just think we are going to see Vettle destroy the field for the rest of the year - which IMO is no fun to watch. I like competitive racing. And no I don't think Webber is driving nearly the same tech level of car the the R.B. #1 is.

Again - don't get me wrong, I do NOT think Vettle or R.B. is cheating; but they've got something figured out and the curious cats (me included) can't help but ask what is it. And yes I would be disappointed if it really was just Vettle alone.

Quote Originally Posted by STiDriven View Post
    And no I don't think Webber is driving nearly the same tech level of car the the R.B. #1 is..
    I take it you mean the same as Vettel's car? As much as I dislike Vettel, he is a quicker driver than Webber. Why would RB risk holding themselves back in the constructors championship by giving Webber an inferior car?

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    I take it you mean the same as Vettel's car? As much as I dislike Vettel, he is a quicker driver than Webber. Why would RB risk holding themselves back in the constructors championship by giving Webber an inferior car?

I think he gets the upgrades - just not as soon as Vettel. Figure potentially Webber has the Singapore upgrades by now - but Vettel will have something special for Korea also.

EDIT: But thinking about it - your probably right. I thought it was somewhat normal for teams to have 1 car with superior tech, but some google searching shows that is typically only lower $$$ teams as they can't afford upgrades to both cars all at once - and can't risk the money lost if an 'upgrade' causes problems and they have to back out the change ($$ lost on opportunity cost). Red Bull has plenty of funds so yea - your probably right; Webber is just showing why he is retiring.
    Last edited by STiDriven; 10-04-2013 at 02:04 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

So I turn on my directv genie DVR to watch this mornings practice and what do I see recording? Formula one Qualifying!!! I think to myself "que" and select it and it's Indy car WTF? so I check the real qualifying time and it's not set to record!

Heads up for directv users check your dvrs

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT