F1 2013 Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2013 Thread within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I guess I got my start watching F1 with Varsha, so he's "the voice of it" for me, lol. Perhaps ...

I Support ClubWRX
    I guess I got my start watching F1 with Varsha, so he's "the voice of it" for me, lol. Perhaps he was a little dominating.
    Either way, it'll be nice to watch F1, again. I missed it, last year!
    I need to figure out a digital DVR solution, so I can watch it at my leisure.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Either way, it'll be nice to watch F1, again. I missed it, last year!
    I need to figure out a digital DVR solution, so I can watch it at my leisure.
    Ditto, I missed almost everything last year. I was always busy.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Can someone explain the double - DRS changes.... what manufacturer is this impacting? Red Bull?

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    The Ban is on DDRS. The DRS system can not provide a secondary function, Ie opening holes on the end plate to blow parts of the car.

The teams who raced a DDRS system last year were MercGP and RBR.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

The Ban is on DDRS. The DRS system can not provide a secondary function, Ie opening holes on the end plate to blow parts of the car.

"It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post

Cool - thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    The better announcers were former competitors; the late James Hunt comes to mind.

There must be former competitors available that speak English natively and would be interested in the job -- for a price.

Local and/or Speed coverage was not fun.

I know they have to pay their bills. I don't care whether they do or not though, nor do I have any sympathy for the network. I've only been following F1 since Rosberg was World Driving Champion, and it's been a great 30 years but it's not worth me getting upset or annoyed. I'll find another feed online, or not. If not, I'll follow something else I suppose.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

The races where Diffey replaced Varsha were fine. Varsha was the problem IMO and he is gone. I was worried NBC wasn't going to hire Will Buxton, he is great and would have been missed.

Spiros, the BBC feed is on Sirius radio you can get an online subscription if you don't already have it in one of your cars.

I listen on my iPhone at work when I am at work during the race.

I Support ClubWRX

F1 2013 Thread

My Honda has sat radio, great tip!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

You have to check the online channel guide to find the channel. They put it on the sports channels that change. One day I waited 15 minutes on one channel only to realize they put it on a different one.

I Support ClubWRX
    There has been a lot of Robert Kubica news lately.

Video can be found in the link.

'No problems' for Robert Kubica at DTM test | Formula 1 | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1

Robert Kubica has completed his Mercedes DTM test at Valencia's Circuit Ricardo Tormo, logging 114 laps with "no problems whatsoever in the car".
    It was Kubica's first return to a high-downforce car since his rallying accident two years ago and he completed a total of 456.570 kilometres in a DTM Mercedes AMG C-Coupe. He started the test in wet conditions before completing the bulk of his running once the track had a chance to dry out.
    "My first day of testing in a DTM car was great fun and I learned a lot about the series and the DTM Mercedes AMG C-Coupe," He said. "The first installation lap was in the dry, then a few heavy showers of rain came down and we had to wait for the track to dry out. All in all, it was a good experience, getting to know the car in different weather conditions.
    "I was able to get to grips with the DTM Mercedes AMG C-Coupé and felt very comfortable in the car, even though after my long break it meant adjusting to the high downforce that a state-of-the art DTM race car produces. I'm very pleased with my performance on this first day of DTM testing and had no problems whatsoever in the car."
    Kubica is set to complete a season in the European Rally Championship this year and in the latest issue of F1 Racing magazine made his most promising comments yet about a return to F1.
    For those new to F1 Robert Kubica is the guy who first walked away from this

Last edited by rage-wrx; 01-25-2013 at 08:39 AM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Then Kubica walked away from this

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

He did not "walk" away from the rally accident.

While I applaud his devotion, I doubt that he is ever going to be competitive again be it in rally, DTM or F1.
    The injury sustained to his wrist was quite severe.

I Support ClubWRX
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson