F1 2013 Thread - Page 17
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2013 Thread within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Soobvirgin Very true about Webber. Vettel has extended his contract through 2015. Yeah there is no point ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    Very true about Webber. Vettel has extended his contract through 2015.
    Yeah there is no point for him to leave RBR right now. They are king of the heap. However the 1.6L may be the great equalizer. I cant wait for blown motors and retirements again.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Yeah there is no point for him to leave RBR right now. They are king of the heap. However the 1.6L may be the great equalizer. I cant wait for blown motors and retirements again.
    I can't say I'm looking forward to smaller engines. I really still believe that F1 should be producing the quickest cars in the World, not limiting what can be done. But, I don't suppose that goes hand in hand with safety so, oh well. I do agree that it's high time they added some unreliability back into F1 though, so hopefully these engines will bring that.

I Support ClubWRX
    Alonso won't whine at Ferrari because he'd have no where to go. And Ferrari have a history of axing whiny drivers. World champions or not (Prost in '91 after he compared the car to a truck) Alonso must have that in the back of his head.

He seems a lot subdued now than he was at that fateful year at McLaren. His driving is great. All the same,not a fan.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Imagine that, RBR cheating.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post

Hmm.. that is interesting. It was well spotted by someone, because I didn't even notice until they zoomed in. It does look suspicious on a road surface which should be very flat. Is it cheating? I don't know. For all we know, half the teams in the paddock could be using a similar system.

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Imagine that, RBR cheating.
    No need to imagine they have been... lol

The sound of Renault's new V6 engine. Hmm... I'm reserving judgement until I hear it on a car.

http://www.renaultsport.com/Come-on-...0.html?lang=en

I Support ClubWRX
    And so the race for Red Bull's seat begins. Not exactly unexpected. My money is on Kimi Raikkonen.
    Webber confirms F1 retirement | Planet F1 | Formula One News

Red Bull driver Mark Webber has confirmed he will quit Formula One at the end of the season and join up with Porsche's new sportscar programme.
    The 36-year-old Australian will bring down the curtain on his 12-year F1 career, which saw him win nine grands prix, claim 36 podiums and 11 pole positions.
    Webber, though, is looking forward to the challenge at German sports company Porsche, who is set to take part in Le Mans 24 Hours next year.
    "Porsche has written racing history as a manufacturer and stands for outstanding performance and technology at the highest level," he said.
    "I'm very much looking forward to this new challenge after my time in Formula 1. I can hardly wait to pilot one of the fastest sports cars in the world."
    The Australian made his F1 debut back in 2002 with Minardi and also had stints with Jaguar and Williams before joining Red Bull in 2007. He finished third in the Drivers' Championship in 2010 and 2011.
    Although he was linked with a move to Ferrari on several occasions in recent seasons, he decided to stick with Red Bull by signing one-year rolling contracts.
    Red Bull are believed to have offered him another one-year deal for the 2014 campaign, but the Australian has decided it is time for a new challenge.
    With Sebastian Vettel set to stay at the Milton Keynes squad until 2015, Red Bull will now have a choice of promoting one of Daniel Ricciardo or Jean-Eric Vergne from Toro Rosso while Lotus's Kimi Raikkonen is also an option.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Not sure Kimi would enjoy being #2 to Vettel. Though seeing him behind the wheel of a Red Bull, if they are still at the top of their game next season, would be rather fun to watch.
    Joel
    2013 WRX Hatch
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    I hope Kimi gets the spot, finally a benchmark that Vettel can be judged against.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    What really will happen is we are now going to see some exciting racing from Torro Rosso
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    I can see it now " Kimi your KERS is not working".
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

"Vettel is faster, please confirm"... Yeah, let's see... I don't know that Kimi is ready to listen to stuff like that, not after his "leave me alone..". I can't quite believe he'd go as second to Vettel. Of course there's the fact that money talks, BS walks.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    I can see it now " Kimi your KERS is not working".

I'm not too sure Kimi will go for this. As others have said, I don't see him being happy as a number two driver, and two number ones doesn't work. It makes great viewing, but it's not good for the team to have all that tension in the garage.

How about Hulkenberg? Did he sign a one or two year deal with Sauber? I think for the team to continue on their very successful path, they need a younger driver who'll just be happy to have a drive with a winning team.... for a few years anyway.