F1 2013 Thread - Page 14
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2013 Thread within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Andor ^^ believe if this didn't happen, Vettel would of been able to pass lewis by the ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Andor View Post
    ^^ believe if this didn't happen, Vettel would of been able to pass lewis by the line to make podium
    Doubt it.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh look. What a surprise Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen keeping options open amid Red Bull and Dietrich Mateschitz rumours | Lotus F1 | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1

There has been talk of this ever since Kimi left the WRC scene. All the chips seem to have fallen into place. His addition would be great for the Red bull brand given his popularity. Notice how the biggest cheers in China were for him?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Oh look. What a surprise Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen keeping options open amid Red Bull and Dietrich Mateschitz rumours | Lotus F1 | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1

There has been talk of this ever since Kimi left the WRC scene. All the chips seem to have fallen into place. His addition would be great for the Red bull brand given his popularity. Notice how the biggest cheers in China were for him?
    Yeah, I can see this happening. Although I don't see him laying down and being a number 2 driver, so not sure how that would work. But there are rumors that Webber has already signed a 5-year deal with Porsche to race in somethingthatisn'tF1sonobodycares.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    This won't happen. The boy wunderkind won't have it.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post

Kimi don't play second fiddle. I see this playing out if Seb jumps to Ferrari to play with Alonso like has been rumored for 2015. But Seb has another year left at RB. Kimi could always go back to Ferrari. Mercedes will likely hold onto Rosberg for god knows why, he's their webber. Mclaren is locked up for multiple years with Button and Perez.

So far his options for 2014 are stay #1 at Lotus, be #2 at Ferrari, or be #2 at RB.

It'll be interesting. My money is on Ferrari.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    The only moves McLaren have for 2014 and 2015 is to can whitmarsh, bring Ron Dennis back and rehire Newey.
    Which they can only do if Telmex pays for it.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    The only moves McLaren have for 2014 and 2015 is to can whitmarsh, bring Ron Dennis back and rehire Newey.
    Which they can only do if Telmex pays for it.
    Yeah, I'd agree that it's time Whitmarsh was replaced. But as for Dennis and Newey... don't think so. Ron Dennis took a step back to put more energy into the road cars. I don't think he'd want to be at every race again. And I don't think Newey will go anywhere for any amount of money. I think he's truly happy at RB, for now. But, yes, something drastic needs to happen on the technical side. Although, if they'd signed Hulkenburg instead of Perez, they'd probably be looking a lot stronger.

I Support ClubWRX
    Fantastic qualy. And F1 goes live on Network TV for the first time.

Plus today "Senna" airs on NBC Sports.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I always enjoy the Monaco GP, yet I can see how some people find it boring. Waiting to see what comes from the Mercedes/Pirelli test.
    Joel
    2013 WRX Hatch
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I Support ClubWRX
    This year's Monaco was actually pretty exciting, compared to some past years. Sutil and Perez were out there, making gutsy passes.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    I watched it in Spanish as is now the norm for me and they seeemed very animated whenever an American or Spaniard did anything interesting.

Massa looked a bit sad, sitting there on being prodded by staff near the armco into which he'd stuffed his Fiat. The irony for me is that I'd much rather see him world driving champion than his teammmate.

I think a local English-language braodcast channel carried the GP also but it's too risky to watch in a language with which I am familiar -- once I've heard something there's no way to unhear it.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    It was a good race. I'm glad Nico won, wished Lewis had got Second, but commend him on his team driving as he played a great supporting role to Nico in that race.

Sergio Perez is bat **** crazy and Quoteable Kimi thinks he should be punched . But he is entertaining to watch.

Button drives like an English Gentleman, and whines like an old woman. Jensen, if Sergio is being a **** deal with him once and be done with it. Otherwise you'll end up with the 3 year old Vettel/Webber spat.

Sadly, I think RoGro is done with F1 after this year. His total parts destroyed tally has got to be eating into Lotus's budget. They would arguably be better off if only Kimi was out there, especially since he has scored the lion share of the Team points at 86 out of 112.

Maldonado wrecked and it wasn't his fault.....shocking.

Massa better pray for his Ferrari seat next year, cause at this point, Webber would be a much better option for a Ferrari contract than Massa.

Curious how Pirelli can call to have a "tire Safety test" seemingly anonymously and at any time with any team. Now we're finding out that they did a test with Ferrari before the last race when Ferrari gained all their speed and Fernando decimated the field, and a 1000km test with Mercedes before Monaco, where Mercedes was "Lotus nice" to its tires.

I wonder how many "tire tests" were conducted with RBR over the years. My money is last year there was only 1 test, conducted in secret after the second GP and with RBR.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    -- once I've heard something there's no way to unhear it.
    Never fear, Leigh Diffey is lead commenting this year while Varsha remained at Fox Sports. He guest announced once but hopefully not again.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Never fear, Leigh Diffey is lead commenting this year while Varsha remained at Fox Sports. He guest announced once but hopefully not again.
    I believe Bob will be back for two more races this year. I believe they are Spa and Korea.
    Joel
    2013 WRX Hatch
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I Support ClubWRX
    NBC have upped their game. They even sent the entire gang to Monaco. Shows at least that they are serious about improving the show.

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Massa better pray for his Ferrari seat next year, cause at this point, Webber would be a much better option for a Ferrari contract than Massa.
    Ferrari ruled that it wasn't Massa's fault but a left front suspension failure.
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 05-28-2013 at 06:05 PM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT