F1 2013 Thread - Page 10
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2013 Thread within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Wow what a race!...

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow what a race!
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, some very unhappy people. But today's antics just reinforce my opinion of Vettel - spoiled brat.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    Yeah, some very unhappy people. But today's antics just reinforce my opinion of Vettel - spoiled brat.
    If I was Weber, I would have cut a tire down on Vettels car with a wing end plate. Did you see the interview with Christian Horner? I'd love to see Vettel benched for a race because of his antics, but I know RBR doesn't have the stones.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Hamilton boxed at McLaren. They waved...

My current favs: Massa and Webber. Compared to his abysmal performance in the wet in Constantinople a few years back, when people were openly saying he can't drive in the rain at all, FM looked good to me out there. And I liked MW's opening moves vs. Alonso.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 03-24-2013 at 02:55 PM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Ok so at lap 30 or so Vettel radios the team something about Mark letting him pass they tell him it's only half distance. Then they tell Mark to slow his engine to conserve Fuel and tires. If they were not going to allow Vettel a chance to pass webber later in the race why tell him it's only half distance inferring that he should wait? They should have told him that if he wants to pass he should do it now.

Webber and Vettel are never going to get over this
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't think RB were prepared for the situation. Since their cars have collided in the past one would think they'd have developed several Plan B scenarios but maybe not for this instance? In any case Vettel, Webber, and Horner all got paid regardless.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Surely they have told Webber that they would do what's best for the team and not allow Vettel to recklessly pass and they must have told Vettel that he is number 1 and they will do whatever they can to get him the maximum points available.

What a disaster meanwhile Nico is not allowed to pass Lewis and Lewis was the one who was most upset.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I couldn't believe that!!

Although I could see how he could get confused, his title sponsor is Petronas which is also the track sponsor for the weekend. So just above the pit crews all the way down the pits it read "Petronas" on every garage. Then his new pit team wears light gray and his old one wore a dirty white.

Although it could be looked at post race as LH thumbing his nose a bit, since Button retired and Perez finished 9th but had to pit on the last lap.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post

My current favs: Massa and Webber. Compared to his abysmal performance in the wet in Constantinople a few years back, when people were openly saying he can't drive in the rain at all, FM looked good to me out there. And I liked MW's opening moves vs. Alonso.
    Yeah, that was funny. I think it was a genuine mistake. He's been racing with McLaren for how long? Just force of habit, I'm sure.

Yes, I agree about Massa and Webber. We didn't see that much of Massa as he wasn't fighting for a podium, but I've been very impressed with him this season. Not sure what's woken him up. Perhaps this car just suits his driving style better. And Webber finally got a good start. Good drive from him the whole race.

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    I'd love to see Vettel benched for a race because of his antics, but I know RBR doesn't have the stones.
    Well, that wouldn't be in their best interests. They get paid millions for winning the constructors championship and benching the favorite to win almost every race isn't going to him them in that quest.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    Well, that wouldn't be in their best interests. They get paid millions for winning the constructors championship and benching the favorite to win almost every race isn't going to him them in that quest.
    True, but if the scenario repeats itself in China and the RB's come together, you lose all the points. Its best to nip this behavior in the ass now and drive home how untolerated its gonna be.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Disappointing finale. I was waiting for Weber to punch Vettel on the podium. How I wish I could be a fly on Weber's overalls. Lewis seemed a lot more humbled which was not typical of him. Mercedes clearly should get one of those pit wall boards with the arrows to avoid further pitstop mix ups.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Mercedes should get Mclaren uniforms.

I Support ClubWRX
    When Vettel's radio call was heard just after the Webber pass in the esses, "This is silly!" the announcer switched from Spanish to English and said, "This is racing."

I Support ClubWRX
    This pic sums up the podium mood yesterday

Weber's stare must have burnt.

Never been a fan of Weber ever since he was being a jerk to Christian Klein at Jaguar especially after Klein out qualified him.

Weber probably had the worst day after Fuji 2007 where he puked in his helmet & then got rear ended by Vettel.

NSFW*** for language.

Last edited by rage-wrx; 03-25-2013 at 08:00 AM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.