Ford to withdraw works support for WRC !

This is a discussion on Ford to withdraw works support for WRC ! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ford will cease to have a factory presence in the World Rally Championship at the end of the 2012 season. ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Post Ford to withdraw works support for WRC !

Ford will cease to have a factory presence in the World Rally Championship at the end of the 2012 season.

A statement issued by Ford of Europe on Monday said that the decision had been taken due to the current economic climate, following a major review of its marketing activities in the continent.

"Ford has a long and proud history in the WRC and this was not an easy decision," said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales and Service, Ford of Europe.

"At this time, however we determined that it was better for the company and the Ford brand to reduce our commitment to the WRC and deploy our resources in other areas."

Malcolm Wilson's M-Sport organisation, which has run Ford's factory squad since 1997 and taken 52 wins plus the manufacturers' world championships in 2006 and '07, aims to continue in the WRC with the Fiesta model in the coming years.

Ford is on talks with M-Sport to provide continued vehicle and engineering support.

Wilson said: "I would like to thank Ford of Europe for their enthusiastic support and the faith shown in the team over the past 16 seasons.

"We understand that tough decisions have had to be made and look forward to continuing our strong technical partnership into the future."

click: autosport.com/news//103466

--------------------------

M-Sport / Director Malcolm Wilson response:

“I would like to thank Ford of Europe for their enthusiastic support and the faith shown in the team over the past 16 seasons. We understand that tough decisions have had to be made to safeguard Ford jobs, we accept the commercial reality of the situation and look forward to continuing our strong technical partnership into the future.

“M-Sport is extremely proud of our history with Ford since 1997; 208 podium finishes, scoring points on 156 consecutive events and 52 wins from 225 starts in the WRC along with two world titles underlines the dedication and commitment of the whole team in Cumbria.

”My intention is that we will continue to push to secure stage wins and overall results on the forthcoming events for Ford and to push forward with the development work that was started in March this year to improve and refine the Fiesta WRC even further, ready for the 2013 season.

”We will also continue to work closely with our colleagues at Ford Racing towards the launch of the Fiesta R5 for March 2013 and the improvements that we are working on for the R2 car which will continue to the form the basis of a series of national and regional young driver programmes in the future.

“Confirmation of our key championship programmes for 2013 is our first priority and a challenge that the team here is very much looking forward to. After that we can review all options and determine the right direction for the future”

click: m-sport.co.uk/index.php/news/1259-m-sport-press-release

teh weasel is stunned !!
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    This is terrible news. I feel sorry for all those Ford owners & fans.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I figured as much.. they barely made the 2012 season.

man.. just think of how many great euro-fords were created out of the wrc program.. I dont see this sort of thing being unusual though. I'm sure others will do the same until the world climate becomes a little more lucrative. Cant play if ya cant pay.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!