First track day! Now with 140% more pics! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on First track day! Now with 140% more pics! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by maus Whats up with that exhaust on the GT3??? Originally Posted by Sasquatch I now know the ...

Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    Whats up with that exhaust on the GT3???
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I now know the answer to this. Some tracks have decibel limits. The exhaust is pointing away from the direction the sound measuring devices are typically placed (the outside perimeter). This supposedly reduces the decibel numbers.
    ^ This. But what that Porsche driver is doing can be looked down upon in some series. I'm sure it doesn't matter for an open track day - but those exhaust turn downs are designed where any given track you can turn the exhaust away from the sound meter. It helps the car be quieter as it directs the sound away.

Some series (SCCA) consider this 'unsportsmanlike' like - and well I agree. If the exhaust is too loud and requires trickery - it's too loud/illegal (i.e. if the sound meter was on the right side they would fail). But I take race rules seriously and hate seeing people simply trying to game the system.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good to hear about your experience at T-bolt. I absolutely love that track!

I'll be instructing at NJMP on July 2 with PCA. Bringing my track toy 2015 STi LE.

If anyone wants to come out and learn how to drive their Subaru fast, let me know and I will make sure that we will hook up as student/instructor and have a great time on track!

https://vimeo.com/91815785 My stock STi with 300 miles on it at the track against Porsches and BMWs.......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123