2011 wrx Stage 2 1/4 mile predictions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2011 wrx Stage 2 1/4 mile predictions within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey every body! Last time I went to the track and did a 13.1 at 102 mph in the 1/4 ...

Hey every body! Last time I went to the track and did a 13.1 at 102 mph in the 1/4 mile. The temerature was at approx. 78 degrees Fahrenheit at sea level. I did that time with cobb stage 2 HWG map. My only mod is the Invidia catted downpipe.I purchased eric mineheart's torque performance stage 2 map and I feel a noticeable difference...

Now, what are your honest an rational predictions for the times and mph for my wrx with the new map... I'am going to the track on Saturday, so that same night I'll post the results... Iam expecting at least a 12.9.... What do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

High 12's are pretty common if you get a cooler day at the track.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

I Support ClubWRX

Re: 2011 wrx Stage 2 1/4 mile predictions

Mid-high 12s are what I'd expect from a decent run @ StageII.

What were the other timeslip #s (60', 8th, etc.)?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

what was your 60' when you did the 13.1 @ 102?
    2007 WRX STI- Stock 13.8@102

Quote Originally Posted by lugowrx View Post
    Hey every body! Last time I went to the track and did a 13.1 at 102 mph in the 1/4 mile. The temerature was at approx. 78 degrees Fahrenheit at sea level. I did that time with cobb stage 2 HWG map. My only mod is the Invidia catted downpipe.I purchased eric mineheart's torque performance stage 2 map and I feel a noticeable difference...

Now, what are your honest an rational predictions for the times and mph for my wrx with the new map... I'am going to the track on Saturday, so that same night I'll post the results... Iam expecting at least a 12.9.... What do you guys think?
    I had that same setup (+AEM CAI) and ran a 12.7 @ 105, 1.76 60', 80 degrees Fahrenheit at sea level. From what I've heard there is little to no performance gains from the CAI... at least at Stage 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom351R View Post
    what was your 60' when you did the 13.1 @ 102?
    1.8 s

Quote Originally Posted by RSX-->WRX View Post
    I had that same setup (+AEM CAI) and ran a 12.7 @ 105, 1.76 60', 80 degrees Fahrenheit at sea level. From what I've heard there is little to no performance gains from the CAI... at least at Stage 2.
    It would be awesome If i'd Hit those numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Mid-high 12s are what I'd expect from a decent run @ StageII.

What were the other timeslip #s (60', 8th, etc.)?
    I'll post them up later in the afternoon. They vary a lot since it was was my first time at the track, i did 13.4, 13.3,13.2! Jajaja

What RPM are you guys leaving at to get into the 12s? I want to go to the track but my car is my DD and I can't break it. Are all of you just dumping the clutch? Are you power shifting or speed shifting?

I'm at stage 2 also with an AVO top mount IC and a custom tune. lugowrx, I predict 12.8 at 103

Quote Originally Posted by turboman38 View Post
    What RPM are you guys leaving at to get into the 12s? I want to go to the track but my car is my DD and I can't break it. Are all of you just dumping the clutch? Are you power shifting or speed shifting?

I'm at stage 2 also with an AVO top mount IC and a custom tune. lugowrx, I predict 12.8 at 103
    Unfortunately, the only way to get a good time is from a high rpm launch. Best by using launch control. My car is also a DD so I will only make a handful of passes at the track just to see what it will do. You never want to dump the clutch, let it out fast and smooth. My best pass with just a tbe and Cobb AP was 12.8 @ 107. Hoping for a 12.50 @ 110-111 in a few weeks when we get a cold night now that I've added a few other parts with a protune.
    Last edited by Eric05mx; 09-14-2012 at 06:02 PM.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Quote Originally Posted by RSX-->WRX View Post
    Eric at TP told me at stage 2 there is a 3-5% gain with the CAI.

I'm on my way to the track will keep you guys posted thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by lugowrx View Post
    I'm on my way to the track will keep you guys posted thank you!

i have bad news guys, the best time was 13.091 @ 104.31 and the fastest was 13.125 @ 106.23. i noticed that something wasn't right because my car was't reaching full boost and after datalogging at the track, i found out is the battery isn't supplying enough current... so, no full boost. again my only mod is a invidia downpipe and Torqued performance's stage 2 map. with the battery problem solved, i should be able to make a higher mph. regarding the 1/4 time, i need to practice the launch because i didn't do any better than 1.8s at 60 ft. i'll post videos and photos tomorrow. thanks!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.