Scion fr-s first??? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Scion fr-s first??? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Lots of BRZs around here. I have yet to see a FR-S....

I Support ClubWRX
    Lots of BRZs around here. I have yet to see a FR-S.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    LOL at Spiros..I'll bear that in mind.
    I've seen one, in traffic..I think it was an FR-S. Much prettier than I was expecting, from pics.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Lots of BRZs around here. I have yet to see a FR-S.
    I've seen a couple of both now. The burnt orange/copper color is awesome!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

advertising is always over glamorous and often a bit of a stretch...

I still want one. lol
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

It's misleading is not a false claim. ie. "It's the world's first combustion engine design in out fr-s." Break it apart and they're just saying that it's a combustion engine, not the first "ever" combustion engine.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

This is the dumbest thread that I have ever read

...while standing on one foot singing "bonjour" from Disney's "Beauty and the Beast".

Quote Originally Posted by csevin View Post
    ...while standing on one foot singing "bonjour" from Disney's "Beauty and the Beast".
    pics or it didn't happen.

I simply thought of it as the first Scion with a boxer engine...not lying there.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

I Support ClubWRX
    Honestly, I raised an eyebrow the first time I heard that line in the commercial...and then they finished the sentence. If it got people's attention, in any way, then the commercial has succeeded.

Actually, it really reminds me of this, which inspired me back in Aught-Two:

--Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    Given a choice between the current Scion, the current Subaru BRZ, or the older Toyota with the boxer with less than half the displacement and less than 1/3 the power, the choice is clear:

The older Toyota with less than half the displacement and less than 1/3 the power.

Here is a comparison video:

And the more I think about it, the more aggravated I become and ToyaRu for their marketing approach. I find it cheap and pandering. They seem to have mentioned their own predecessor car only when pressed, so I find it unlikely it ever crossed their minds initially; they were more focused on the Corolla GTS, a dreadful chassis with a good motor at the wrong end of the car that is now celebrated specifically because it's, well... a dreadful chassis (it comes and stays unglued due to poor choices Toyota made in the 80s; they got the same motor into the correct chassis in the MR2 but gave up on that).

In any case they're certainly not the first to think boxer front - rear drive. Here's the Tatra 11, that is cool because, well, because Tatra!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatra_11

They're also not the first to think of direct injection. It's just silly of them to put out that commercial. Turned me off. Meh...
    Last edited by SD_GR; 07-27-2012 at 03:25 PM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I can't believe they made a vid with the old toya in it. Like the BRZ I was excited at first but then when the non marketing videos came out and the reviews I was lick uh... There is this thing called a WRX or an STi I'd rather have those.

I think for either the BRZ or FR-S I wouldn't be excited till there is a turbo version

Or even better put the BRZ engine and lower placed weight etc in the STI and that would be exciting. I think I read this is a possibility on some motor site....
    But to summarize Toyota sucks for putting that add out....

I Support ClubWRX
    The Scion ad is misleading and in a way, insulting.

The BRZ doesn't need more power as far as I can tell. If I were in the market, I'd buy one, but my MR2 only has 270,000 miles on the motor and that motor is neither a boxer nor in the wrong part of the car...

I like the idea, I like most of the car, but I don't like the marketing. The motor itself should be more than adequate and I don't think power is going to be a limitation though.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    The whole omgthebrzisunderpowered thing has been debated elsewhere.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I personally love the frs/brz before i got my wrx i almost bought one but rwd just isnt good for where i live

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    The whole omgthebrzisunderpowered thing has been debated elsewhere.
    Seriously??? Where???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.