AutoX with STI and Scion FR-S
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on AutoX with STI and Scion FR-S within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just wanted to share my second AutoX. Run 6 with the STI got me first place for the stock class. ...

AutoX with STI and Scion FR-S

Just wanted to share my second AutoX. Run 6 with the STI got me first place for the stock class.

Check out the Scion FR-S in action at 11:50 in the video.

Full details of the event, and afterthoughts found on the blog:
    Machine Zealots: Second AutoX, Scion FR-S enters the race

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've never fully watched WRX autocross videos.... wow, I never realized how much of an effect the understeer has. Nevertheless, you're fast and that looks like a lot of fun!
    David - '05 WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    nice video. very well put together.

I've never been to an autocross, theres so many cones I would just get confused on where to go. But still would like to try it some time. Who wants to go half on 800,000 cones? lol Thats some good driving though, you come flying into that first corner.

How do the RE070 compare with the RE011's?
    '12 STi stage 2

Origin GT = impretzel
    Bf4

-JJ

Quote Originally Posted by Obeisance View Post
    I've never fully watched WRX autocross videos.... wow, I never realized how much of an effect the understeer has. Nevertheless, you're fast and that looks like a lot of fun!
    Thanks! Haha yes, we've all heard the WRX/STI understeers quite a bit. It is different when you actually experience it. Near the end of the day, I had learned to understeer into the turns, which definitely improved my times.

Quote Originally Posted by impretzel View Post

I've never been to an autocross, theres so many cones I would just get confused on where to go. But still would like to try it some time. Who wants to go half on 800,000 cones? lol Thats some good driving though, you come flying into that first corner.

Thank you! If you find enough land, I'll take care of the cones LOL. Anyway, you should definitely try it someday, and don't be afraid of the cones. You just need to visualize the racing line, and you will never get lost =D.

I cannot say from first hand experience that the RE011s are better or worse than the RE070s. I will say this... the RE070s are INSANELY good for stock tires. However, the 225 width is way too thin for these cars. I believe that's why the newer STIs come with Dunlop 245s on all fours. I plan on using a set of RE011s after these 070s are finished with. I might even go with 245. But I think the RE011s are rated even higher than 070s, so I'm pretty sure it will be a lot better!

Quote Originally Posted by impretzel View Post

Same here, the cones look confusing. lol I would still like to try it sometime or go the NOLA speedway to drive on a real road course

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Very nice! I would love to autocross an FRS/BRZ. I imagine it might be even more rewarding than the hallowed Miata!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by speedsterX View Post
    Same here, the cones look confusing. lol I would still like to try it sometime or go the NOLA speedway to drive on a real road course
    Yes you should try AutoXing some time. I'll be attending track days next spring/summer =D

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Very nice! I would love to autocross an FRS/BRZ. I imagine it might be even more rewarding than the hallowed Miata!
    Hahaha, the Miatas at the Autocross are always near invincible. The fastest car that day was a MX5 Speed, with R-comp tires, which got a 63 second run time. It was insanely fast. I have to find time to test drive the BRZ sometime. I am very curious how it feels when I am behind the wheel.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.