Friend bought an S2000 - Page 5
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Friend bought an S2000 within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; haha the picture i originally posted was of a watch...

haha the picture i originally posted was of a watch
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    And what would be so bad about that? I'm not gay, but my brother is. I'm also not a PC nazi, but that is a pretty rude thing to say.
    I thought the same thing...and I'm not gay either (but my boyfriend is). JK, but yeah, I thought it was kind of a rude thing to put too...but I'm sure he was just goofing around, so no need to be offended as a gay-friendly individual or as a past owner of an S2000. As a person who enjoys good comedy however...I'm a little offended.

Man...this thread has been all over the place.

I Support ClubWRX
    I understand where you guys are coming from..I did a quick doubletake when I saw that post. However, there's really nothing insulting, there, that I can see. Just an odd stereotype. Lokey's a valued contributor, and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt (for now, anyway) that he meant nothing personal by it.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I understand where you guys are coming from..I did a quick doubletake when I saw that post. However, there's really nothing insulting, there, that I can see. Just an odd stereotype. Lokey's a valued contributor, and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt (for now, anyway) that he meant nothing personal by it.
    I'm willing to bet more homosexuals drive Subarus than S2ks....*shrug*
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Ray, I respectfully disagree. Lokey implied that telling your parents you're gay is a bad thing. I sent a PM to Lokey about why it struck a nerve, and don't want to make a big deal about this. PM coming your way.

I Support ClubWRX
    Actually, he said that it would be a "hard thing" not a "bad thing". Let's take a deep breath, folks.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    I'm willing to bet more homosexuals drive Subarus than S2ks....*shrug*
    IDK how that relates, but I'd certainly agree.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Actually, he said that it would be a "hard thing" not a "bad thing". Let's take a deep breath, folks.
    Well that's a split hair if I've ever seen one.

What's the hardest part of posting on car forums? Dealing with mods like Rayfields... (no insult)

I Support ClubWRX

What's the hardest part of posting on car forums? Dealing with mods like Rayfields... (no insult)
    I'm trying to deal with you politely on this. I just took the time to type out a nice reply to your PM. I am, however, not paid to do administrate this forum, so my tolerance has limits. Give me a lot of crap, and I'll alleviate your having to deal with me.

Cheers and good evening!
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    IDK how that relates, but I'd certainly agree.
    Of course it relates. We're talking about makes of car that might give off a homosexual vibe. The badge of ownership doesn't have a LGBT badge for nothing...

I mean come on...it wasn't like he was saying that being gay was a bad thing. It should be dropped. There is no need for this thread to get locked. Nothing was offensive if you ask me.

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Of course it relates. We're talking about makes of car that give off a homosexual vibe. The badge of ownership does have a LGBT badge for nothing...

I mean come on...it wasn't like he was saying that being gay was a bad thing. It should be dropped. There is no need for this thread to get locked. Nothing was offensive if you ask me.
    It's been settled. This was a thread of high quality, let it continue. [/sarcasm]

I Support ClubWRX
    It's been settled. This was a thread of high quality, let it continue. [/sarcasm]
    2 things. Your sarcasm font is wrong. It supposed to be orange. Secondly, if it bothers you that much you can always stop checking in the thread...

You know how I know you're gay? You like Coldplay.

And please don't PM me for this. It's just a joke just like lokey's was. People need thicker skin if you're going to frequent a message board especially one with guys just talking about cars.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hung_Wei_Lo View Post
    You know how I know you're gay? You like Coldplay.

And please don't PM me for this. It's just a joke just like lokey's was. People need thicker skin if you're going to frequent a message board especially one with guys just talking about cars.
    You own Princess Diaries 1 and 2.

I'm glad to see my first post introduced the Miata as the main topic of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I'd drive a Miata no problem. I find it more comfortable than the S2000. Neither is as roomy as the MR2 oddly enough (I've used an MR2 for moving!...) but either is great.
    I call . Pics or it didn't happen! What did you move a couple of coffee cups?
    Quote Originally Posted by speedsterX View Post
    I don't think I could ever drive the "fairy car" known as a miata. I might not mind if my girlfriend had one, but you still won't see me driving it. Although, if I was ever given a life or death situation to choose between a focus or a miata then I would have to choose the miata.
    The Focus is one of the best handling and driving small, cheap cars on the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    The only real drawback to the Miata is that it's not an early Alfa Spider Duetto but that's hardly Mazda's fault.
    I guess you like cars with endless electrical faults and a propensity for falling apart. There's a saying that "You're not a car guy if you've never owned an Alfa" because only then will you ever know the true pain of car problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by poly_poly-man View Post
    I hope you're not serious..

v7:
    in fact, going back all the way to v5, and all the way up to at least v9 (I believe the ej207's sold in JDM sti's still rev that high), the rev limiter has been at least 8k.

Sure you can't rev a 2.5l that high, but that's why many don't prefer them for builds, or do 2.35l destrokers.
    I thought that was a photochop of a 2.5L tach.
    And what would be so bad about that? I'm not gay, but my brother is. I'm also not a PC nazi, but that is a pretty rude thing to say.
    There's nothing rude about it. Guys poking fun of other guys for being "gay" is as old a joke as anything out there. I have gay friends and make fun of them for being gay and they laugh. Nobody cares, especially the only people that have a right to get offended, gay people!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.