Friend bought an S2000 - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Friend bought an S2000 within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'd drive a Miata no problem. I find it more comfortable than the S2000. Neither is as roomy as the ...

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd drive a Miata no problem. I find it more comfortable than the S2000. Neither is as roomy as the MR2 oddly enough (I've used an MR2 for moving!...) but either is great.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

im 6'1" but ill have a miata one day lol. it may be the car my future daughter learns how to drive 5 speed on but hey ill whip it around hah

I Support ClubWRX
    The only real drawback to the Miata is that it's not an early Alfa Spider Duetto but that's hardly Mazda's fault.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I'm 6'2 (3 with good posture) and I DD an S2000 for about 2 years and never felt like I was too big for the car. BTW, a running joke in the S2K community is people (strangers) thinking that they are a Miata.

I Support ClubWRX
    It has to do with proportions not just height, meaning length of arms vs length of arms etc. Either is a great car and if pressed id buy the cheaper of the two that's in better shape.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    It has to do with proportions not just height, meaning length of arms vs length of arms etc. Either is a great car and if pressed id buy the cheaper of the two that's in better shape.
    Nah, I don't trust Mazda... Honda, hands down.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Nah, I don't trust Mazda
    Has Mazda (as a corporate entity) personally betrayed your trust at some point in the past?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    One could say that Mazda now has a proven track record with the car, on sale since 1989. It's the best-selling two-seat convertible sports car in history. I would feel relatively safe buying one...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Has Mazda (as a corporate entity) personally betrayed your trust at some point in the past?
    They stole my baby!
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."

Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    hahaha This is kinda how I feel, too. The S2k is a very nice car, however, and I think it's on an entirely different level (of femininity) than the Miata.

Miata = Hello Kitty
    S2000 = that crazy asian guy from some James Bond movie...

EDIT: I guess that car I'm remember for some reason was actually a Jaguar XKR... Never mind.

No, no. You were right. The same Asian guy in the 007 movie was Johnny Tran in fast and furious 1 who drives an AP1 with 100k in the hood. LOLLLLL. "Go fetch my car!"

Quote Originally Posted by csevin View Post
    I'm 6'2 (3 with good posture) and I DD an S2000 for about 2 years and never felt like I was too big for the car. BTW, a running joke in the S2K community is people (strangers) thinking that they are a Miata.
    oh ok good to know. i fit in a mini just fine lol. but never sat in a miata or stook

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    One could say that Mazda now has a proven track record with the car, on sale since 1989. It's the best-selling two-seat convertible sports car in history. I would feel relatively safe buying one...
    bbbbut it doesn't have 587.2whp out of a low-displacement 4 banger!!! Clearly, by that logic, it must be a fruity car.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    bbbbut it doesn't have 587.2whp out of a low-displacement 4 banger!!! Clearly, by that logic, it must be a fruity car.
    Yeah look at how fruity it is going around The Ring!

http://highspeedfotos.de/Coppermine/...e/IMG_4916.jpg

That is my buddy driving that car. I'm jealous of him and his independent wealth that allows him to be able to do things like this all the time.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mista jc View Post
    No, no. You were right. The same Asian guy in the 007 movie was Johnny Tran in fast and furious 1 who drives an AP1 with 100k in the hood. LOLLLLL. "Go fetch my car!"
    lmao Yes!! Thanx for clearing that up!

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    The VTEC lag in my acura was 10 times more annoying than the turbo lag in my subaru.
    My friend bought his Type R new in 2002(?) and I don't remember it ever having zero power at low revs. It accelerated well all the way up to about 5500rpm, then went nuts. This is my first turbo car, so I have little frame of reference, but below 2500rpm, my WRX has massive turbo lag. Several times I've put my foot flat to the floor expecting it to go and have been left waiting. I understand every car needs to be in the power band, but I've never experienced a car that just doesn't pull at all when not in it. Perhaps a tune would change this, but with a 7yr/70k mile warranty, I think I'd be silly to risk it. Perhaps a turbo'd car just isn't for me.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast