Friend bought an S2000 - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Friend bought an S2000 within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by etnpnys What else would you have me say to my retarded friend so that somebody doesn't get ...

Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    What else would you have me say to my retarded friend so that somebody doesn't get killed? Does this belong in off-topic?
    There's nothing you can say to an idiot with an attitude like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    I work with a couple SRT-4 guys.
    And??? What about them?

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    The S2000 is a great car though.
    Yeah as long as you're not more than 5'10...

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    +1
    Not into the high-revving approach to power, but a fine sports car, nonetheless.
    Me neither. I'm more into the low-end TQ.

There was an episode of Top Gear on the other night where they compared a Porsche Boxster, BMW Z3, and the Honda S2k. The S2k almost performed evenly with the other 2 and was about $6000 cheaper. I'd say Honda nailed it with that car.
    They did a good job but the standard is still the Miata. There's a guy up near me with one with a roll bar in it and we've ended up driving together on the twisty roads up here a few times randomly and those Miatas really handle well. I don't think he has stock suspension but regardless it's still a great platform. After a few trips of randomly running into each other and following each other up the mountain I get a wave every time I see him.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremydingeman View Post
    Isnt a turbo car exactly that?
    No not necessarily.....

Um yeah nice photochop! That would be interesting to have a redline that high in an STI. Even if you modded it and set it that high your engine would probably go kablooey within a half dozen times taking it that high.....

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    +1... minus the turbo lag. My friend had a Civic Type R about 10 years ago. I loved that car.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    Not much turbo lag in a Subaru tho
    I've never driven a stock WRX but the STI has quite a bit of turbo lag.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    They did a good job but the standard is still the Miata. There's a guy up near me with one with a roll bar in it and we've ended up driving together on the twisty roads up here a few times randomly and those Miatas really handle well. I don't think he has stock suspension but regardless it's still a great platform. After a few trips of randomly running into each other and following each other up the mountain I get a wave every time I see him.
    I would own a Miata if I had a little more garage space and an enclosed trailer to hide it from judgemental eyes! All kidding aside, The Miata is not for me.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I don't think I could ever drive the "fairy car" known as a miata. I might not mind if my girlfriend had one, but you still won't see me driving it. Although, if I was ever given a life or death situation to choose between a focus or a miata then I would have to choose the miata.

I Support ClubWRX
    Isnt a turbo car exactly that?
    In fairness, the S2K I rode in was the first year model, way back in 1999. Watching the tach as the fellow drove, there seemed to be no real torque available til it swung past ~5500-6000rpms.

Even my WRX, with a Blouch TD06-18G turbo, begins pulling in earnest at ~3500rpms, and keeps going to redline. For my money, that's a large difference in driveability.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by speedsterX View Post
    I don't think I could ever drive the "fairy car" known as a miata. I might not mind if my girlfriend had one, but you still won't see me driving it. Although, if I was ever given a life or death situation to choose between a focus or a miata then I would have to choose the miata.
    hahaha This is kinda how I feel, too. The S2k is a very nice car, however, and I think it's on an entirely different level (of femininity) than the Miata.

Miata = Hello Kitty
    S2000 = that crazy asian guy from some James Bond movie...

EDIT: I guess that car I'm remember for some reason was actually a Jaguar XKR... Never mind.
    Last edited by etnpnys; 07-06-2012 at 05:57 AM.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't think I could ever drive the "fairy car" known as a miata.
    Another great sports car. You guys worry about your image too much.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    +1... minus the turbo lag. My friend had a Civic Type R about 10 years ago. I loved that car.
    The VTEC lag in my acura was 10 times more annoying than the turbo lag in my subaru.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Another great sports car. You guys worry about your image too much.
    This.

I would love to see 1/2 of you take a Spec. Miata for 30 laps around a track with 24 other Miata's at race speed and let me know who the "fairy" is.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Are you 16?

Quote Originally Posted by power091999 View Post
    This.

I would love to see 1/2 of you take a Spec. Miata for 30 laps around a track with 24 other Miata's at race speed and let me know who the "fairy" is.
    The performance driving course that I took used race spec Miatas. One of the best handling cars on the road IMO.
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    The performance driving course that I took used race spec Miatas. One of the best handling cars on the road IMO.
    I still wouldn't own one, but that stems from a need for *some* practicality. I guess I could pick one up for track use, but I don't go to a track enough to warrant the purchase of one.

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I still wouldn't own one, but that stems from a need for *some* practicality. I guess I could pick one up for track use, but I don't go to a track enough to warrant the purchase of one.
    Completely understandable. I tend to look at cars differently. I don't really consider cars for a man or woman... I think every car has it's merits in one shape or another.

I Support ClubWRX
    Completely understandable. I tend to look at cars differently. I don't really consider cars for a man or woman... I think every car has it's merits in one shape or another.
    I dunno...a new red Beetle with black polka dots and car lashes is pretty girly...

i kinda like the new beetle design. a blacked out one id drive, id just say it wasnt mine lol

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    The Lexus SC430 is pretty girly...
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

This.

Oh, I respect the car plenty. Seriously I do. I have a friend who has one - it's a great handling sports car. It's my own fault that I can't mentally seem to get past it being a girly looking car.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast