Huge Le Mans Crash Video
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Huge Le Mans Crash Video within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Anthony Davidson Huge Crash 2012 Le Mans 24 Hours - YouTube...

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sheesh, that had to hurt!
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    The Ant is alive & well. All he had after that were 2 broken Vertebrae.

Towards the end of the race he tweeted this

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    So all he had was a broken back? Is that all....

Glad he ain't dead though!
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Sheesh, that will leave a mark. Glad both drivers are going to recover.

Side note: anyone on here who was part of the Clubdub Forza 4 group meets should know this corner VERY well. I can't remember how many times Zach plowed into that corner at 250mph. I seem to remember a certain black H1 ramming people around there as well.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    It's always been the case that once air gets under a prototype it'll go sailing. What an impact. I don't even know if making the corner such that there is more than one line through it would help or hurt, it might just make people go in quicker still.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    The "dorsal fin" was supposed to stop the sail effect. They also added a chicane to bring the top speed down from 250mph to 200mph and shaved the "knoll" that sent Mark Webber flying in a certain Merc GTR.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    So all he had was a broken back? Is that all....

Glad he ain't dead though!
    Watching it live my emotions were summed up in another video that captured the reaction of one of Ant's pit crew(posted below at the 10sec mark) .

After watching last years incident involving McNish I suppose anything is possible. The safety of these cars is truly amazing. But even if the car remained intact,the G-forces generated could alone cause major damage.

A couple of broken vertebrae for him could be compared to a bruise I might sustain falling off a bicycle.

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Sheesh, that will leave a mark. Glad both drivers are going to recover.

Side note: anyone on here who was part of the Clubdub Forza 4 group meets should know this corner VERY well. I can't remember how many times Zach plowed into that corner at 250mph. I seem to remember a certain black H1 ramming people around there as well.
    hahaha i have no idea what you are talking about
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.