PUMA Enters Global Rallycross

This is a discussion on PUMA Enters Global Rallycross within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Do you love high speed, high performance cars? We love 'em and today we are entering the rally circuit with ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Post PUMA Enters Global Rallycross

Do you love high speed, high performance cars?

We love 'em and today we are entering the rally circuit with our official sponsorship of Global Rallycross Championship. With that, also comes a great partnership with Subaru to form the Subaru PUMA Rallycross Team. Combining PUMA and Subaru's strong histories in motorsport and our collective following across sport and lifestyle, we're anticipating one hell of a season!

PUMA entered the motorsport game a few years ago and has since been making high performance racewear for drivers all over the world and lifestyle motorsport collections for fans and enthusiasts alike. With this new partnership, Global Rallycross is bringing PUMA Motorsport to a whole new audience, and we couldn’t be more excited about it!

The Subaru PUMA Rallycross Team is the factory backed rally team for Subaru of America managed by Subaru technical partner Vermont SportsCar. The all star team is lead by BMX legend and professional Rally athlete Dave Mirra and joining him are a few global rockstars from the action sports and GRC worlds...you'll have to watch the video to find out!

Designed with speed in mind, the team will be competing in 2012 Subaru WRX STI rally cars that have a fresh new look for Rallycross featuring a unique Zombie Cat graphic. And we're bringing a fun and colorful design esthetic that when mixed with the adrenaline of the sport is sure to excite drivers, fans and spectators alike. The team will sport official fireproof PUMA racing suits emblemized with Zombie Cat graphics and a new performance racing shoe called the PRX Subaru.

PUMA will release lifestyle footwear, tees and accessories inspired by the team and rally cars beginning this summer.

The Subaru PUMA Rallycross Team will be competing in the six-round 2012 Global Rallycross Championships in venues across the United States including the Charlotte Motor Speedway, Texas Motor Speedway, New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Las Vegas Motor Speedway, and the Summer X Games 18 in Los Angeles. Competitors reach speeds of well over 100 mph in modified street cars on roads consisting of gravel, dirt or snow and everything in between.

Continue to follow our adventures in GRC, here at PUMA. Welcome to the home of SportLifestyle.. Join our fans Puma | Facebook and facebook.com/pumamotorsport and follow us at @PUMA

And if you can't get enough of this, follow our drivers and our partners: @davemirra, @subaru_usa and @srtusa or facebook.com/subaruofamerica

click: puma.com/news/puma-enters-global-rallycross

click: global-rallycross.com/2012-schedule/

Last edited by Weasel 555; 05-03-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Ohhhh Rallycross not WRC. Still, it's gonna be awesome!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Grrr... They're chasing after the Ken Block and DC Shoes fans. It was a gymkhana style of video, and the cars were even painted in the same dayglow yellow. They're still wearing the same flatbilled Monster Hats.

Good driving, but I'm sick of seeing the dirtbiking "extreme sports" guys growing up, not wanting to hurt as much, and hopping behind the wheel of a rally car.

/rant

Glad to see Subaru sponsoring rally again... even if it's just rallycross.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I want WRC..

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Good driving, but I'm sick of seeing the dirtbiking "extreme sports" guys growing up, not wanting to hurt as much, and hopping behind the wheel of a rally car.

You take that back right now! My favorite driver (Marcus Grönholm) was a motocross rider before injuring his knee and switching to rally.

I Support ClubWRX
    Great.Now Puma has made the whole flat bill hat wearing Subaru driver thing legitimate.Or legit as they would say.

Rallycross yes,Puma no.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Ohhhh Rallycross not WRC. Still, it's gonna be awesome!
    Can Subaru still compete with those tiny rollerskates in WRC? I mean, Rally Cross is a lil different, but it's weird to think that our cars are considered "large" to those teeensy weensy fiestas and stuff now.

FYI this is an honest question! I'm wondering what everybody's thoughts are on why they're not in there still...
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Can Subaru still compete with those tiny rollerskates in WRC? I mean, Rally Cross is a lil different, but it's weird to think that our cars are considered "large" to those teeensy weensy fiestas and stuff now.

FYI this is an honest question! I'm wondering what everybody's thoughts are on why they're not in there still...

The engine in the Impreza sits too far forward to be competitive with the Fiesta and DS3. If you look under the hood of the last Subaru WRC cars, they've got the engine set back as far as it will go, but it's still not close to where the engine sits in the DS3.. that's why the turn in is so much slower with the Impreza. The car understeers and there's not really anything you can do about it. It's a fundamental design flaw. In my opinion, that's the main reason why they pulled out. WRC is too expensive to keep competing in if you don't have a chance of winning.