F1 2012 thread ...chat / results /rumors and lies all in here ! - Page 2
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2012 thread ...chat / results /rumors and lies all in here ! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SonicWagon What's insane is how many adjustments they make each lap. Every corner they adjust the diff ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    What's insane is how many adjustments they make each lap. Every corner they adjust the diff and brake balance. Plus the KERS adjustments, shifting, and the DRS.
    It is, isn't it?!

Somewhere there is a Senna vs. MSC split-screen comparo from non-simultaneous JP GPs. Senna was rowing with the shifter so his hand was sometimes off the wheel, MSC was using paddles instead and was a lot less busy then. Now MSC would be just as busy fidlding with buttons and knobs.

I can see an old-style brake bias lever, OK, but an entire video game on the wheel for the driver to dial in every little instant? I don't know if this is what the idea was behind racing or not.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Somewhere there is a Senna vs. MSC split-screen comparo from non-simultaneous JP GPs. Senna was rowing with the shifter so his hand was sometimes off the wheel, MSC was using paddles instead and was a lot less busy then. Now MSC would be just as busy fidlding with buttons and knobs. .
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Great vids, Tony!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Good God,at 1:26 Senna took his hand off the wheel just before entering 130R almost as if he was searching for an extra gear to go even faster.I wouldn't even dare do that on my PS3!
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes Senna did not mess around!

I wonder though, could he be doing or considering a bias adjustment going in rather than grabbing for a gear? Or could he even be readying himself for a mess at the entry and planning ahead for a downshift etc.?

Senna was something else.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 02-21-2012 at 09:01 AM.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    The title is misleading but it is Senna at his finest; there is no MSC in the video despite the title:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_W-BOwRjvs

There's also that one time when he spun and had the presence of mind to put it into reverse to get out of the way nonetheless, and that other time when he DNFed and Nigel Mansell -- who at the time had one of the three top mustaches in all of motorsport, rivaled only by Keke Rosberg and Juha Kankkunen, but I digress as usual -- stopped to give him a ride back to the paddock, and Senna climbed onto the bodywork and held on. Mansell had won the GP I think.

Anybody have video of MSC missing that infamous penalty kick a few years back?

What the $&@@ was I talking about? Why am I rambling? Sorry guys.

The new Merc has a nose that's off putting initially but I still want to see MSC or ROS win in it for some reason. This would not have been the case 20 years ago frankly. The green in the livery isn't my fav but it at least makes it easier to distinguish the Merc from the McLaren.

Where did the numbers go? Remember the big "28" on the Ferrari for example? Much better that way.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 02-21-2012 at 11:29 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Okay, in a better video it can be seen that he is downshifting for the 130R.And the sound.Mesmerizing.

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    That's the video! Those were the days. Nigel and Ayrton show up together at the paddock. Doubt it'd ever happen today.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Doubt it'd ever happen today.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    Also,the launch of the W03

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    Hah! Good for Webber, very thoughtful and sporting thing to do!

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Now that's a solution....
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    The Reinmeister did it.I know it was just Friday Practice but he topped the time sheets for the first time in Friday Practice since 2004.

The old fart still has it in him.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT